Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.1 Content Update (73918)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The only way I can make a decent amount of creds, is selling jetpacks that IV gather during the event...everything in the AC house is either super cheap OR EXPENSIVE AF. Is there anyway to fix this? I'm not complaining
    Last edited by SuperNas; 11-18-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Budapest IV.th district. HUNGARY, Europe.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Hmm.. I think I'll give another try to the Elixir.. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Why am I finding all this so ironic....

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

i am waiting to buy my 1st pink pistol at 50 credits. Whoots!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

This update hurts the economy tremendously! Now people can purchase a better droprate of non-Plat gear with Plat. Very unwise decision.

(For more info, click on the link in my signature.)
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

lol
    Im happy there feeding plat players with drops.

I hope they let this ride till next lvl jump. Then everyone can see what more drops to plat players will do to a game with a smaller player base.

I will sit back and watch this.

Cheap pink guns= plat sales for shield
    Last edited by Diodge; 11-19-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Nice update!! This is for people who are busy and dont have time to farm but wants good item!!! If they have money and time well give them the advantage. I praise player who is good at farming without these elixirs.

For economy, idc but whats wrong with cheap items??? If i used plat and i get lots of items and sell them cheap then it is also for others who dont have plat and want better items. I know we cant please everybody .. Especially somebody's greediness!!! Hehehe enjoy everyone!! I envy those who have really time to play pl and sl!!
    Last edited by Elf-Orc-Naga; 11-20-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

some of us hunt for the fun of having to roll the dice so many times, some of us dont choose to use luck elixers on bosses because we want to experience dropping it the hard way, right now it is pointless to farm the lower level greens without the miner's elix, you simply cannot play knowing that all those items are available many times over by simply purchasing the luck elix... essentially this particular elix and this particular update is no different from listing all the in game items in the plat store and at massive discounts at that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is wrong with cheap items? The price of the recipes don't drop, so, last week I can buy a recipe just selling a L35 Titan Plate, today I need to try sell 3 of thoose to buy a recipe. I think that o unique way to make some money now is trying to stock up stimpacks for sold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Why am I finding all this so ironic....
    Taking the high horse, eh. How come I'm not surprised...
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I don't understand what's the problem with the elixir.. I bought a few one (don't know how many.. i don't care) and I never got any pinks. So, what's the problem? Buying an elixir doesn't mean that You'll get a pink every time You beat the Mysterious guy.. The elixir gives Better loot, not best drop. So, everyone got the chance to get a pink, not only the elixir users. Every time I saw pink drop (except 1 time) an elixirless player got it.. not me with elixir.. So anyone can get pink drop, not only us. (as I wrote, I never got any..) Hope this calmed You down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Try using the elix on two alts, one alt for the elix, one alt for running, then do reactor core with one alt, switch to the other and farm the boss... combine with the speed boost, and you can enter the map after the mobs are cleared, so thats a lot of assured good drops if you use the entire elix in this manner... and I can go on about how bad the elix is and how it can be abused, but im gonna first sell all my stuff before doing that :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Try using the elix on two alts, one alt for the elix, one alt for running, then do reactor core with one alt, switch to the other and farm the boss... combine with the speed boost, and you can enter the map after the mobs are cleared, so thats a lot of assured good drops if you use the entire elix in this manner... and I can go on about how bad the elix is and how it can be abused, but im gonna first sell all my stuff before doing that :P
    Guilds are doing this organised.. XD
    What do You think where do those lots of pink guns came from?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diodge View Post
    Cheap pink guns= plat sales for shield
    Bingo!!!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Actually, this is an amazingly smart move for sts... Supply goes up for people who spend plat and generate revenue for sts... Prices go down significantly and non plat users can buy items at fair prices. Anyone whining about this negatively impacting the game economy is just mad because they make their credits though manipulative merching. This is quite possibly the best fix for the manipulative price gouging. You should be THANKING the people who spend plat to prevent player induced inflation!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Try using the elix on two alts, one alt for the elix, one alt for running,
    Ima been doing this since new update

Quote Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
    Supply goes up for people who spend plat and generate revenue for sts... Prices go down significantly and non plat users can buy items at fair prices.
    It is still nice to have a legendary item which is *legendary* and hard to get as its just a great experience/feeling to have!

I've been playing since day one, and I had never dropped a Pink/Vanity in all this time (beginning of July) until yesterday.. I got my first Pink Gutter, and I didn't feel anything just.. Oh my first pink.. woo the joy one of the reasons is beacuase they are not that rare.

Though this change haven't affected me or alot of the community in that much of 'bad' way. I was shocked on how the newer Purples have dropped due to the update and lower greens, whcih is another matter.. (too many people fixated on how just the pinks are being effected)

You should be THANKING the people who spend plat to prevent player induced inflation!
    Agreed, Plat players do get alot of 'stick' and its not needed they help STS fund their game and everything else it entails, so that non-plat players can enjoy the game for free. (New Content/New Franchise, advertising to increase awareness, larger foundations all in which help build the game to its full potential, ).

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

huh? Im not mad cause of mad merching, its amazing that the plat guys get stuff dropped in the market, pink gunz for everyon yay whatver.. its not the credits or the items that are the issue here, its the logic of the game, why play for drops at all... im mad because the drops are too easy, and im gonna say it one more time, as good as listing all in game gear in the plat store

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This is great!
    Optic out.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Slant...on that last note, I agree... Sts should sell all items for plat... People with real lives (jobs, families, etc.) Can't get top gear because they don't have ten hours a day to farm stuff...

And don't try to say farming takes skill... All it takes is time... Which is a luxury that, not everyone can have.

Now if sts decided to make a real challenging boss that doesn't go on farm mode within days of coming out, then plat shouldn't be able to buy that.

Those types of bosses that can only be attempted once each day and take massive teamwork to down... perhaps a boss that isn't beaten for the first time until after about s month...

And the mob should only drop pinks, since it is so difficult... But lets be honest, is farming any boss in SL challenging? I certainly don't think so.

Just sell end game gear for plat until there is a challenge that requires skill, not a life of living in your parents house for free and playing all day.

By the way, if sts ever does make a real boss, make him a quest kill that gives your class specific top end gear that can't be traded or sold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

hmm... its not the stuff that you get and use, there is the plat gear also for that, its the in game gear that gets sold in the AH at reduced prices because of the people who buy the elix. This means those who dont have the elix have to work many times as hard. This basically means the people with platinum dominate the in game economy.

if elix drops only blue versions of the same items that cant be traded, then it wudnt be a prolem. If elix lasts for 30 minutes in real time, it wud not be a prolem. If plat drops in game from mobs, then it wud not be a prolem.