Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.1 Content Update (73918)

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

Default 1.1 Content Update (73918)

• Improved luck elixirs again. All loot that a mob will possibly drop is now considered when rerolling for loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Woot! Thx!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

System: "Meh"

xD
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I'm so glad you make threads for updates. I can read them before I download them because it is hard to scroll in the update box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Wooooops!!!!

Can a Dev confirm, if I had already bought a miner with my main, but hadn't used it fully, 29 mins left. Will I still be using the new version or old?
    Last edited by BodMaster; 11-18-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    System: "Meh"

xD
    Lol, you and I saw the same thing.

I took a screen cap of it soon after.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    • Improved luck elixirs again. All loot that a mob will possibly drop is now considered when rerolling for loot.
    I noticed that you said "mob" ... I take it that this means that luck elixirs have no impact on bosses, such as Mysterious Figure, so that there's no reroll for pink guns?

Engineer, Operative & Commando | V for Vendetta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

oh mob... well spotted then Yuri
    hmmm not sure but this is what I think it means, in the old elix, if you dropped a yellow from a mob it would lock the next drop to the next rarity level, ie green, which removed the possibility of a vanity (blue dropping), the new elix, you will get something better than a yellow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yurimaru View Post
    I noticed that you said "mob" ... I take it that this means that luck elixirs have no impact on bosses, such as Mysterious Figure, so that there's no reroll for pink guns?
    I've seen the term mob used to reference any sort of 'enemy', so it may include the specific of a boss, not just trash mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

still dont understand what that update means/does. anyone care to explain?
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Umm I thought its been fixed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Seems to work.

First run at sy5 after the update and I decided to give the elixir a try and low and behold the Guttersnipe dropped.

Guild mates are starting to be a bit pissed though... Second pink for me and the first dropped without an elixir. Maybe you could come up with a patch that would give them some pinks, too?

For the record, I would've preferred you guys nerfing down the potion than fixing it to match the description, because my opinion is that it messes up a central area of the game (gear farming) into something that at least I'm not comfortable with. Those with plat are now better off farming with the elixir (and feel bad about it), especially when running with those that don't have plat and feel bad because of that. When new content comes, is it gonna be those with plat that are gonna make the first high sales and make creds, too. A divide where it shouldn't be. The xp grinding is not that bad a split, but now pinks and creds, too. (and maybe even vanities if I read that description correctly, eh?)

I'm just worried, because as I see it, the farming is the keystone.
    Last edited by Hullukko; 11-18-2011 at 05:56 PM.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Micro transactions ruin the economy of every mmo ive played in the last 15 years.

Look at what China farmers did/do to the wow economy.

Only difference is that sts gets the cut.

Meanwhile I get to deal with 800,000 x rays and 1.2 million pink pistols when both those items should be around 150,000.

But why sell it for 1500,000, an amount someone can steadfast farm playing the game, when I know someone with a credit card and no concept of the value of a dollar will spend over 100 dollars to buy the item for the credits I'm asking for.

'merica!!

Testament
    Sparkling Pwnies
    Last edited by Xaphan Fox; 11-18-2011 at 09:34 PM.
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Oh that note^^^....just got the Nova Blaster. Can a dev confirm if this was in fact the first one to drop?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    Micro transactions ruin the economy of every mmo ive played in the last 15 years.

Look at what China farmers did/do to the wow economy.

Only difference is that sts gets the cut.

Meanwhile I get to deal with 800,000 x rays and 1.2 million pink pistols when both those items should be around 150,000.

But why sell it for 1500,000, an amount someone can steadfast farm playing the game, when I know someone with a credit card and no concept of the value of a dollar will spend over 100 dollars to buy the item for the credits I'm asking for.

'merica!!
    I honestlt see this going the other way.
    I see miners luck as an advantage towards plat users. After this update I've seen so many pinks now in the cs. Prices will go down tremendously.

I see this applying to everything from now on. It's gonna be harder to get money and farming will now benefit those with plat.

I see no good coming from this. Either way it goes. The SL market is gonna go down the gutter. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

still dont see the elixers are a big advantage, the drops are random, some of us got it some of us didnt, with and without the elix, still trying out the new elix in different places tho, got 3 rolls at boss so far
    hmm I can see a lot of trouble coming from this lol, yeah the first elix was still the best imo, now quick farm before they nerf the drops again
    && microtransactions wont be a problem if plat drops in the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardon View Post
    I honestlt see this going the other way.
    I see miners luck as an advantage towards plat users. After this update I've seen so many pinks now in the cs. Prices will go down tremendously.

I see this applying to everything from now on. It's gonna be harder to get money and farming will now benefit those with plat.

I see no good coming from this. Either way it goes. The SL market is gonna go down the gutter. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    It's the way I see it as well. Of course plat is there to give players a slightly better advantage, with the constant tweaks to the current Miners Luck Elixer, it shall give them an even larger advantage of controlling the market for the players that do not have access to platinum.
    __________________________________________________ _________

It's even like this with a majority of guilds on the leaderboards. Why play hard when you have access to the platinum store and just boost your way to the cap.

Yes, I understand this is a free game, yes I understand that all the hardworking people at STS need to something to feed themselves, I strongly support any game store any gaming company has to offer. Why should players waste money on buying from China farmers just to get banned, why not just support the game the play already? Companies do this so they can support themselves and their employees and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

It's just with this new lixer it just may cripple all the current hard farming players out there.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadbeathc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

wow lol the elix is very effective, certainly in the region of creating an imbalance, farmed agressively with it on certain levels and got waaay tooo many drops... so basically some of us pay plat so the prices will drop in the ah?? lol haha no clue whats going on this can get chaotic - best to not mess with drops at all after a level cap, it destroys everyone's auction house strategies and creates a lot of uncertainty

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

hey STS:

10 level 5 boss runs and 4 pinks have dropped. i am soo pleased in knowing that the odds are so against me now. And if I chose to not spend money on virtual items, I am pretty much wasting my time.

The luck elixir is too good. It is ridiculously overpowered. What that elixir and some of the other stuff you can do with plat is doing and will continue to do to your players and economy has been seen in many other MMO economies/communities. It has always ended in mad players and and unstable auction house with items not realistically attainable by non-micros transaction means.

And I know you know this. If you have played any popular mmo in the last 15 years you know this. I dare any dev to right now, or during the next expansion, attempt to raise 1,000,000 credits via farming. I want you to *see* what things go for. I want you to *see* how much time is spent getting X. Then tell me how forbidden fruit tempting that plat is.

It isnt just about bug testing. Play the live game. See what we go through. I am sure you do to a degree, but clearly not enough as some of your game design decisions and company philosophy stuffs in the last few months have been very questionable and almost to a shameful degree been geared at influencing plat purchases.

I fail to be excited about Dark Legends if its just going to be what you learned form PL and SL to make an even bigger cash sink.
    Last edited by Xaphan Fox; 11-18-2011 at 10:23 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Xaphan Fox For This Useful Post: