Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vanity or Elite level cap items and PvP balence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Vanity or Elite level cap items and PvP balence

Hello everybody
    I just wanted to bring this matter to the attention of everybody whos into pvping.
    So in endgame pvp, the vanity sets are pretty awesome, and now they offer insane stats.
    Obviously, these people totally deserve these sets but i really dont think it has a place in pvp.
    These sets have created a huge rift in pvp and i and several others (we dont have vanity sets) find it extremely hard to beat people who we could beat before these vanity sets became available.
    I think it is very stupid because the people who often reach the extra level have their vanity sets and probably the best gear because of the time they spent in pve. This only places them far above where their supposed to be in pvp. And I thought pvp was supposed to be a fair experience. Me and several others now find it extremely hard to actually endgame pvp. Only people who spend a bunch of money for elixirs, or hardcore 24/7 addicts can ever reach the extra level. Moderate players, obviously, wont have these EXTREME advantages nor will they have the best gear.
    It seems that Sts is ONLY supporting people who pay a lot of money and people who play a lot.
    And obviously those that are opposed to this are the people who have the vanity sets in pvp.

Solutions:
    1. Only allow these vanity sets to be active in pve (cuz the vanity sets benefit the whole team )
    2. Give some exclusive awesome looking vanity items to those that reached the extra level.
    3. Give non-vanity pink gear or sets

I really need YOUR opinions and also that of the Dev's. If you have anything helpful and constructive to say, please reply.
    Iprotectnoobs (65) Iprotectnoob (65) Meprotectnoob (65) Akpop (35) Akpopone (35) Akpoptwo (30) Akpopthree (35) Akpoppvp (31) Akpopshank (30) Akpopmoob (26) Akpopsmack (25) Akpopshoot (25)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to protectorofnoobs For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Tbh, I think that ur just lazy..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brodiniozo View Post
    Tbh, I think that ur just lazy..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    y would u think that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

na lot lazy, at all, not every one can hit 56 or 61 or 66 the first day let alone in three months, or ever hit it with out using a hundred dollars on plat to get the elite lvls.

it is called elite for a reason - you need to be that extra crazyness to get it...

i as a lvl 61 top cap and a demonic warbird i was playing ctf - i wish i knew the players name - but it was like mike something, anyways he was wearing raid roach, he smoked me like 5x, he has sub par equip and killer skills, equip is def good but dont relly on it !!! get to be the best on your skills!!

another point - kaarcher, dolloway, slushie they all had the same equip i had and consistantly beat me...

kills come form skills
    Last edited by mejslll; 11-18-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mejslll View Post

kills come form skills
    True story.

OP, although I can see your point, PL isn't really a PvP OR PvE game. It's really PvP AND PvE. That said, it's only fair to reward those who spend resources into reaching the elite cap.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the 3-piece vanity set bonus only very minimal compared to the 2-piece set? The set has a good bonus, but not enough to be the only deciding thing in a fight. Maybe you'll find a way to counter it soon.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 11-18-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

I can see where you would be frustrated..but I don't believe its unfair..a big part of the reason I spent the plat, and the time, was to get the bonus for pvp.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

So what about new people who aren't able go get the lvl cap vanities now are they just gonna get owned whenever they try to pvp since there is no way they will be able to make a set I think there should be an option to stay at the same lvl and keep grinding it out with the big xp to hit cap then move on that way everyone gets a chance to get the vanities that have already passed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roufus:485844
    So what about new people who aren't able go get the lvl cap vanities now are they just gonna get owned whenever they try to pvp since there is no way they will be able to make a set I think there should be an option to stay at the same lvl and keep grinding it out with the big xp to hit cap then move on that way everyone gets a chance to get the vanities that have already passed
    I actually agree..its been brought up before, but unfortunately, probably not gunna happen :/
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mejslll View Post
    kills come form skills
    Could have never said it better. I agree completly. I used to PVP with probabily the worst gear against Demonic Sets and I would 1/2 of the time win. Your opponet could have the best gear, but if you have the best skills, you will most likely win.
    Nickyeagle- Lvl 70 Archer
    Proud and loyal Recruit of Chicken's Invasion (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roufus View Post
    Sorry, but you can't bring up the "oh but they joined first" argument here. Even if they did start playing first, they did go through the effort and time to reaching and obtaining that elite level. When the elite level was first introduced at 56, there was no such thing as an elite vanity helmet - it took the slot of our regular helmet.

STS has mentioned that there will be more vanity stuff in the future, which will complete the vanity set. Judging from the recent 3-piece vanity set bonus, they are doing their best to reward the old timers for the older vanity sets, but at the same time making it equally as potent for the new comers. The COP + SH set bonus = the SH + MF set bonus, if I'm not mistaken. The combination of all three only give a very minimal bonus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

If u look to the first 66s many of them are pvpers, also they also get 5 extra stat points and an extra skill, should those be taken away as well?

These ppl achieved this for that purpose of pvp, if u want it bad enough u can go for it too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default hmm

Ok, here's the way I see it. Kills come from skills yes, but there are still setbacks. Just like a low lvl archer vsing a bear. For instance I have a level 10 avian twink for pvp. My stats are excellant and I kill many dex bears. However...when a truly good dex bear comes along, he beats me everytime. Why? Because he has a huge advantage.

This is the same with top level pvp. Sure I with my level 56 warbird have killed demonic people. However most of the demonic ppl i killed were not good at pvp. When someone whos actually good gets a good set as well he's unstoppable. And all because he had money for elixars and I didn't. Is this fair? Absolutely. If I'm not willing to invest money in an otherwise free game then I shouldn't complain.

The only problem comes along with new players. Players who haven't even had a chance to spend money on elixars and hit top level. New players will be discouraged because they don't have the bonus that others do. So what's the solution?

1. Make a way to earn the hardcore xp even after level cap raise. You would have to do it at the proper level however. Meaning you couldn't level to 65 then decide to play sewers and get Cop. You would have to get Cop at correct level 55. Sheild at 60 and armor at 65.

2. Simply make an epic looking vanity that others will still be jealous of. It won't effect gameplay and it will look like the bomb! (Like the holiday stuff)

3. Remove hardcore altogether and add a brand new feature.

4. Im sure theres a solution out there. In fact I'm sure there's many. We just gotta take the time to find it. Because I doubt the way things are going atm is the way things should be

Thank you for taking time to read my opinions. I respectfully hope that you agree with my views that are presented above. Also I hope I don't get flamed and crap...lol

~~~MightyMicah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Sorry, but you can't bring up the "oh but they joined first" argument here. Even if they did start playing first, they did go through the effort and time to reaching and obtaining that elite level. When the elite level was first introduced at 56, there was no such thing as an elite vanity helmet - it took the slot of our regular helmet.

STS has mentioned that there will be more vanity stuff in the future, which will complete the vanity set. Judging from the recent 3-piece vanity set bonus, they are doing their best to reward the old timers for the older vanity sets, but at the same time making it equally as potent for the new comers. The COP + SH set bonus = the SH + MF set bonus, if I'm not mistaken. The combination of all three only give a very minimal bonus.
    i agree with e, i have been playing less then a year i have a bird, mage and my beloved bear... all lvl 65, bear is half way to 66 - two of the three have helm and all three have shield, all will have lvl 66 armor.

so, i have not been there from the begining - for what it is worth
    Last edited by mejslll; 11-18-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

protectorofnoob... if you are iprotectnoobs ur a very good pvp'r keep up the good work!! and stop killing me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I dont believe something you can get i 24 hours or less if you spend $ should give you a distinct advantage. After all this game was designed as a PVE game. If I had my way the bonuses would be strictly pvp. Since the bonuses are relitively small, im fine with it but also note this. Some of the best pvpers are the ones who alsp go and get te bonuses. If the best have the bonus- it is almost impossible to beat them.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Revelation and Unity, the top two end game pvp guilds are leading in 66s despite the fact we are small compared to other guilds. We do it because we want it. It is simple really. Personally I don't like pve so I want to get it out of the way asap!!! And the bonus is a great incentive to make it there.
    It makes a difference, it gives a slight edge. But if you can't handle a few stat points it is not everyone elses problem. We got there because we wanted to, because it was made available to us, and we decided to invest and support the game we like.
    This thread is a witch hunt IMO.
    I do however feel bad for the people who started say today or recently and do believe they should have an option to accept the 3 elite level quests if they choose. But if you were amd are here amd miss it that is your own fault. You have known and seen,what the vanity bonus is and how to get it, and it is true not everyone can or will. It is hardcore and elite for a reason. nd most people persuing the bonuses are already that. Hardcore elite players, mainly pvp people. Evident in the leaderboards.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

This issue has been repeated many times. For now, for 1v1, I recommend asking everyone that has a vanity to remove their sets. If not, decline to fight them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I agree 100%!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

i took a long break and came back to game a week or so before the 61 lvl cap raise, the vanity bonus was the ONLY incentive that has been supporting me to go through the frigging long lvling journey from 56 to 61, and knowing that it will be unavailable in a week was the ONLY reason i spent 500 plat buying elixir.. and now u r saying u gonna change it to sth else or make it available again? no way i gonna let that happen~
    'Everyday is a blessing'
    Imperialelf - lvl66 cutie
    Imperialdream - lvl61 bunny bear :3 Imperialavian - lvl45 Imperialaura - lvl13

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thx for the replies everybody!!!
    In reply to the people who say kills come from skills i completely agree buuutttt . . . .
    Think about this: Say you and your opponent are equally skilled and they have vanity but u dont
    WHOS GONNA WIN?
    Obviously itll be the person with vanity
    And another important fact:
    The vanity bonus isnt exactly a small teeeny tinyy boost to stats
    From what i hear, the new 3vanity set gives 15 armor 5 dodge 55hp
    thats not exactly small . . . (add that vanity to top gear and BOOMMMMMM)

what i really wanted to point out was that: PVP should be fair and these vanity sets arent making it any fairer

and also keep in mind im not trying to rid all bonuses for elite players i have many suggestions up there

edit: allsoooo im not trying to get rid of the extra stat and skillpoints @elyseon
    those bonuses are minimal to what the vanity set is

anotthherrrr edit: if youre still confused i still want some incentives for people who reached the extra level!!!!!! (just something that wont make pvp unfair)
    Last edited by protectorofnoobs; 11-19-2011 at 09:38 PM.
    Iprotectnoobs (65) Iprotectnoob (65) Meprotectnoob (65) Akpop (35) Akpopone (35) Akpoptwo (30) Akpopthree (35) Akpoppvp (31) Akpopshank (30) Akpopmoob (26) Akpopsmack (25) Akpopshoot (25)