Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vanity or Elite level cap items and PvP balence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Protank View Post
    Vanity sets...

Skilled players vs vanity set players = Blah your vanity set is kinda tough to beat :P

Skilled players vs vanity set skilled players = impossible to beat
    Hahahabirdy won the tourney with no vanity set.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

O yeah 61 tourney
    Last edited by Protank; 12-13-2011 at 07:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

And hi apollo

Wow thy was fast lol

Ok so now I have some insentive

Thx bud
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Ever since the elite gear went vanity, i had a concern...They really are unfair, especially to those without them. Heres my two-cents:

1) As posted above, turn them back into regular pink items to get rid of the boost. Having gear over gear is really cheap. Especially when all the elite gear will be revealed, the people will have a tremendous chunk of stats, making PVP completely pointless and unplayable.

2) Make separate PVP lobbies for people with elite sets to make it more fun for them.

3) Give the non-elite set players a bonus from other vanity items via plat store.

4) Take away the boost completely. I would reccomend this especially since they are elite as-is. They dont need set bonuses to make them more special.

5) A combination of the two. Make them able to be worn both vanity and non-vanity. The vanity would just be vanity. Period. No boosts, no bonuses. The non-vanity pinks would have a SLIGHT bonus to them. Making them the special gear they should be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    He won against people with two pieces of the set.

Now there is three.

Soon four.

U think anybody without the set could win a tourney agains players with the full set?
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

This is by design. End game pvp is only for people that buy plat, or for people that have no job and can play all day.

The only problem that I see is that new players get excluded from this elite club because there is no longer an opportunity to get some of the items. To fix this, there needs to be a way for a new player to buy into the end game pvp to get equivalent stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Taking from people's ideas above, I think the vanity elite items should become items again. They would be the respective levels they're received from. They would be craftable, to change their stats, and increase their level when the cap raises. The items would be like "Dexterous Crown of the Elite," or "Strengthened Shield of the Elite". Each having a version in dex, int, and str, and creating a set bonus for each you have. (like they are now, but instead of only adding stats, they have their own individual stats, and replace the items you'd normally use, obviously.) They would be equal to, or slightly better than, the dropped items. This would allow players to have completely free sets with good stats. Only catch would be the "Elite" cap exp.
    Last edited by Zapoke; 12-14-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Just have the prince tell u to kill 80,000 sewer mobs for crown &

100k nuri mobs. & so on.

Problem solved imo

Make it harder to get the items idc

Just let us have a chance.
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Just have the prince tell u to kill 80,000 sewer mobs for crown &

100k nuri mobs. & so on.

Problem solved imo

Make it harder to get the items idc

Just let us have a chance.
    That I can agree with, but also add a time frame for the quests, so you can't just leisurely complete it. Thus, effectively having a "deadline" as we did. Perhaps 2-3 months per quest? That sounds pretty reasonable to me.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:510893
    Vanity sets...

Skilled players vs vanity set players = Blah your vanity set is kinda tough to beat :P

Skilled players vs vanity set skilled players = impossible to beat
    I think a lot of people in this thread are looking for excuses for their performance in pvp.

In order of most importance for determining outcomes :

1. Player skill

2. Tactics employed

3. Build

4. Equipment

If it weren't this, we'd be seeing something else. If the vanity sets made such a big difference, the we would see:

1. Complainers in this thread dominant over their peers without the set

2. Losses when they don't have the set even against players of vastly inferior skill

These 2 are not true and I think that these sets have become a bogey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb:511555
    This is by design. End game pvp is only for people that buy plat, or for people that have no job and can play all day.

The only problem that I see is that new players get excluded from this elite club because there is no longer an opportunity to get some of the items. To fix this, there needs to be a way for a new player to buy into the end game pvp to get equivalent stats.
    Gotta disagree on this one. It is entirely possible to complete the main spine and complete the level 65 crafted sets without platinum.

Oh and btw, I don't support what has happened recently. I made a very lengthy thread detailing why.

The only reason why there is such a huge gap is because there are players that have put hundreds of hours into PvP. It's not different than say an FPS game _ do you join an Fps multiplayer as a beginner thinking you can beat veterans?
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 12-14-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    I think a lot of people in this thread are looking for excuses for their performance.
    I think you... Nah Never mind. Im not not going there.

I pvp just fine.

I just want a chance at the items.
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I think you... Nah Never mind. Im not not going there.

I pvp just fine.

I just want a chance at the items.
    You think that I want to deny people the items because I have one and many people in this thread don't. No.

The real reason I want to do so is because they did not put in the effort during the 6 months of the sewers. I believe that new players should be given 3 months to amass the equivalent of 83,480k of xp. But only in the first 3 months, which is now the standard amount of time for level cap increases (although I do advocate fewer cap raises). Otherwise, they would have an advantage. Existing players, I strongly oppose, because they had their chance. They didn't reach 56 because they chose not to, not for any other reason. I think that giving any player that joined before August 2011 a chance would reward laziness - people that want the rewards of hard grinding, but were during that time, unwilling to do so. For that reason, I support giving new players 3 months - they do deserve a chance.

Had there been no vanity set, the 55 people would be laughing at the 56 people on how they "wasted" time getting to 56. NO player knew what would happen before the shield was revealed. Some felt that they did waste time and effort. Today though ... it would seem that things have changed.

As mentioned above, Haha is a testament to what can happen with outstanding skill. It should be noted that Haha did beat people with the 3 vanities.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 12-14-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

why do leave such lengthy responces? stop justifying how biast u are about the subject.

if I was able to play pl during the release of these lvl caps I WOULD have put the time into getting cap and then some.

even with the time i missed out on I can almost guarantee ive put more time into this game then u have.

just like I can almost guarantee u have put more time into forums then I have.

who cares. I'm just asking for a chance to put the time in
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

While I commend the effort that everyone put into grinding their way to the cap, which I have done twice, you still cannot continue to say that the reason new people don't have all 3 is because they were "lazy." I hate how everyone is really ignoring this. As someone who pvp's everyday, there is a bit of difference between a match with a player with 2 pieces and 3 pieces. Look at the stat bonus alone, when I normally would have killed someone without, the person with the 3 stat bonus will still have some sliver of health. When I see someone wearing the crown, I usually think "ugh I'm gonna have to play very smart". Right now this isn't that huge a problem, as everyone is correct, that if u are good you don't need the bonus, but....... I'm not sure that will be the case when the next vanity is released. Like stated..... A tough, long quest would solve this very easy. I'm not concerned just for me here, I truly believe that it is possible that a player could join next week and be wicked awesome at pvp, but eventually without all the stats, the player would be only average at best.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Coming from someone who still considers himself "new" to pvp (6 months now), if the difference between two vanities and three seems like an "advantage" to someone, then there is a lack of pvp knowledge.

Please do not take my words as disrespectful or condiscending. But I can assure you the differences, as Who stated, are minor compared to someones understanding of tactics, skill usage, and most importantly, experience.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Coming from someone who still considers himself "new" to pvp (6 months now), if the difference between two vanities and three seems like an "advantage" to someone, then there is a lack of pvp knowledge.

Please do not take my words as disrespectful or condiscending. But I can assure you the differences, as Who stated, are minor compared to someones understanding of tactics, skill usage, and most importantly, experience.
    Then maybe I have an extreme lack of knowledge in pvp then. It just seems to me, common sense wise, that a sliver of health could mean the difference between winning a match and losing a match. I have seen both pro and average players get down to that sliver..... believe me.... a few more hp and you could def. win the match easier.

Edit: My concern is not for the difference between 2 and 3 vanities, it is the difference between 2 and 4 vanities, or 1 and 4. We all know that the cap will continue to rise. When do the vanities stop?
    Again, my only argument here is for the players that never were able to receive it. Other games do similar vanities etc... for players there at certain times... but I don't know of any other games that these elite vanities have any stats attached to them, thus recognizing that the player mass is always growing.
    Last edited by Jewelsofjane; 12-15-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Listen, I understand everyones frustration but let me say this....

I have seen a rise in the use of the Founders Helm as it provides better stats than the third elite vanity. Do I get mad because they have 5 more base damage than I do? Nope. Is it fair they have this vanity and I don't? I could honestly care less. My job is to find a way to overcome their "slight" overpowerment.

There are solutions: play only individuals with your vanity number, host your own matches and ask those to play without the vanities, play only with friends, and so on. One lesson I have learned in my short time in the pvp community is that I am only going to get better if I play those who are more experienced and better than I am. Too many want the easy way out. I would be much more satisfied beating HaHa one time than beating someone who is inexperienced 100 times.

And trust me, I could come into a fight with some of the long time pvpers with all three of my vanities and my crafted sang set and get my butt handed to me with them in cyber.

I will repeat: Experience > gear.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Agree 100%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Listen, I understand everyones frustration but let me say this....

I have seen a rise in the use of the Founders Helm as it provides better stats than the third elite vanity. Do I get mad because they have 5 more base damage than I do? Nope. Is it fair they have this vanity and I don't? I could honestly care less. My job is to find a way to overcome their "slight" overpowerment.

There are solutions: play only individuals with your vanity number, host your own matches and ask those to play without the vanities, play only with friends, and so on. One lesson I have learned in my short time in the pvp community is that I am only going to get better if I play those who are more experienced and better than I am. Too many want the easy way out. I would be much more satisfied beating HaHa one time than beating someone who is inexperienced 100 times.

And trust me, I could come into a fight with some of the long time pvpers with all three of my vanities and my crafted sang set and get my butt handed to me with them in cyber.

I completely agree with you, I just am looking towards what will happen in the future to pvp. I dont like thinking that pvp will be seperated into matches of who has vanities and who doesnt... just saying when I have 6 vanities and new player "joe" comes in with 1, it wont be much fun for me as obviously with 6 vanities I would rule lol unless I truly sucked that bad....

I would rather enjoy the ENTIRE community in the future than just playing the same old people in the "8" vanitiy club.