Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Deleting Banned Name So New User Can Use It.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Haven't devs said in the past that names do not have value and that they're just names none are better than others? My ign is in no way appealing but I don't think that any names should have a true currency value in the game.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to badgirlchlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

That's just absurd imho but hey your game your rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Ok, ill sidetrack a little and say that I don't personally think names and igns should be the devs focuses right now. They should prolly focus on providing more content to players, and balancing the classes
    Last edited by Justg; 09-13-2018 at 10:19 AM. Reason: less lies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    So what about auctioning off unused names from inactive accounts that people have been hoarding for years but not using?
    What If someones been gone for years and decides to play the game again only to see their names taken away? Also are names considered unused when the characters are below a certain level? (Inactive twinks).

I don't think anyone should be worrying about their name not being "og". All names are unique and there are no "better" names, although I get the appeal of a short or a meaningful name. But releasing/auctioning old names will cause alot of commotion with older players who might have seen those names before and therefore the names have an identity tied to them by their old users.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Additional thoughts on Ign Auction:

Thinking about this platinum-based auction in the long run, how long can it last ? How many inactive accounts with multiple “og” igns are out there honestly? Also, say the auction was implemented, all the azerothravens are happy, now all the igns are sold out and basically hoarded on different accounts that paid a lot of platinum for them. So sts will sell hoarded igns for people to hoard again? I don’t understand.

Can there be some type of poll taken to see how many people would actually want an Ign Auction rather than some new limited time vanity/character customization sale ? Im sure plenty of people are happy with their ign and would prefer brand new items instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman Is here View Post

Thinking about this platinum-based auction in the long run, how long can it last ? How many inactive accounts with multiple “og” igns are out there honestly? Also, say the auction was implemented, all the azerothravens are happy, now all the igns are sold out and basically hoarded on different accounts that paid a lot of platinum for them. So sts will sell hoarded igns for people to hoard again? I don’t understand.

Can there be some type of poll taken to see how many people would actually want an Ign Auction rather than some new limited time vanity/character customization sale ? Im sure plenty of people are happy with their ign and would prefer brand new items instead.
    Yes we need a poll, this is obviously a very controversial topic within the community

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman Is here View Post

A poll was suggested last night and devs said no to a poll. They argue it is very misrepresentative of the in-game population. An in-game poll was suggested by fid as well and they said that would be a disaster too.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    A poll was suggested last night and devs said no to a poll. They argue it is very misrepresentative of the in-game population. An in-game poll was suggested by fid as well and they said that would be a disaster too.
    If they say no to both, well this is unethical, specifically under the Belmont report, stating that there should be fairness in choosing participants choices if it something that originally belongs to a client of theirs. So basically an in-game poll would be the most appropiate, as the al game itself will have the most possible players that can participate in the poll as suppose to the forums.

For them to make the decision will be a 50/50 possibility for the community to either rage or are okay with it. As they're not considering the players that would either like it or not. So how would adding a poll be a disaster. Unless they're scared that twe wouldn't like it?.

And how are players that got their alts name stolen to be sold to others be rewarded?

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Best thing STS can do is to decided what “cool” IGNS are, and then look at all the accounts that were banned with strong proof, then maybe release those names for free, but not disclose what the names are so people who have an IGN in mind can/might get what they really want rather than just taking a name STS is selling, inactive players may or may not return so auctioning those names off will just be plain unethical and bad PR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What if the person who actually owned the name decides to come back to the game? Wouldn’t be really fair for the person who the name belonged to, to lose it due to some inactivity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

OMG I am soo sick of all these bs. Everyone just STFU and let sts do what they wanna do with their game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

OMG I am soo sick of all these bs. Everyone just STFU and let sts do what they wanna do with their game.
    I don’t think anyone need to stfu. This is forum, and of course forums are meant for discussions, communications and opinions. Everything is not final yet and justg is probably trying to hear our opinions about it. But of course, sts has the last say to it. No harm giving opinions or discussing the pros and cons. If you don’t like what you read, then don’t read. You don’t have to tell them to stfu.

#justmy2cents

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Celeste For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

I'm not sure what the big idea is with these names, but I think inactive names should become available for free to everyone once they hit that specific time of inactivity. No announcements about it. Nothing.

As an example, Fid doesn't log in for 2 years, and that toon is renamed to some random gibberish after 2 years, and also be given 30 Platinum in case they come back and want to change the name.

Whoever finds out that Fid is a free name, he or she gets it, and no big deal is made out of it. And when the real Fid comes back, he gets pissed that someone got his name and he will try to get it back, and that gets both parties banned.

Overall I just can't see anything good coming out of all this. I vote No to selling anything such as Accounts, Names, or whatever breaks the ToS.
    Retired

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    I don’t think anyone need to stfu. This is forum, and of course forums are meant for discussions, communications and opinions. Everything is not final yet and justg is probably trying to hear our opinions about it. But of course, sts has the last say to it. No harm giving opinions or discussing the pros and cons. If you don’t like what you read, then don’t read. You don’t have to tell them to stfu.

#justmy2cents
    Emphasis on bs. I still wanna hear some legit arguments not what could/ would/ should/ ifs. Everything is just repeating now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Emphasis on bs. I still wanna hear some legit arguments not what could/ would/ should/ ifs. Everything is just repeating now.
    Watch your language
    This is a public discussion group where people around the world interact.
    You been using words like ret**ded and act like we are doing this discussion to please you.
    Ret**ded is rude word used to describe people with mental illness.This is considered to be offensive in my country, i dunno where u live but show some standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,068 Posts

Rip this thread in a few hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Rip this thread in a few hours.
    Yes please RIP. Don't need more of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Nice discussion guys 4Head

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Dear Devs, please close this thread. The atmosphere of this thread has gone too far. Hypocrisy and toxicity killed this interesting discussion. Just do what you think is right and beneficial for both parties. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-J200F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Stop visiting the thread, youre welcome dear...