Thread: XP leveling/Drop Rates and Lucilulu's opinion on why they relate

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default XP leveling/Drop Rates and Lucilulu's opinion on why they relate

I know there are a ton of threads regarding the topic of the 65 pink drop rates but I wanted to share a perspective that many may have over looked and one that I believe the devs may have considered when deciding the final rate for mt fang. First let me say I have no special insight other than my experience in pl (since day 2 of release) and rl (I have run companies as large and larger than sts). Second, I think after a gazzilion runs it's no secret this is the lowest rate we have ever seen for a new campaign. Finally let me explain why I think the devs went this direction and why I agree with them.

You must remember when the mt. Fang expansion was first announced as a new leveling campaign there was a major uproar. People complained it was to fast for a level increase and more time should be given. (which sts did). Fast forward to the actual release, in addition, you also get the announcement that level requirements will be lowered thru the end of November. By offering the lower leveling requirements, while it sounds great at first, it does greatly change the entire pocket legends world. You also have to understand if sts runs it's company anything like me, they do not make their decisions on the whim. They made this decisions after much internal debate and after much wrangling over how it would affect the game play.

For instance, if you allow quicker leveling and also put a time limit on that leveling you are going to create several things in the macro environment (macro is the game as a whole, micro would be just what happens to you). First you are going to have many many more people leveling during that time period in order to take advantage of the lower leveling requirements. Second, if the drop rates are kept the same you will have more pinks in the over all game do to the increase in play. Third, you will ultimately have more people reach the game cap (or at least 65, which would have same effect for my point). Finally, if nothing is done to the rarest gear drop rates, you will unintentionally have much more gear introduced into the game then you ever intended during this time. Case in point, most people play the second map for xp and repeat. Currently the only 65 set gear that seams some what easily obtainable ATM is the helms which drop on this map. Imagine how many would have flooded the market if we had typical drop rates.

My point is, I believe the devs have decided to keep drops rates painfully low while we go thru this XP grant period (or whatever u Wanna call it). I believe once the xp tables are reset this will coincide with a slight bump in drop rates. I wouldn't except anything to noticeable at first so be patient, remember just a small increase on the micro level will have dramatic effects on the macro environment, resulting in slightly more gear for those players that are anxiously waiting to finish putting together there 65 sets.

Hopefully this makes some since and please remember this is just one mans opinion
    LUCILULU - Lvl 66 Mage * Lvl 29 Comm : DOPEYDADDY - Lvl 63 Arch * Lvl 27 Opp : DOPEYGRIZZLE - Lvl 60 Bear * 51,45,35,25,20,10 TWINKS & FARMERS
    Proud Member of UNITY!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucilulu For This Useful Post: