Thread: PL Needs a Big Change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default PL Needs a Big Change

I've read a lot of threads recently and i heard many complains and good suggestions. Heres what i got and what i have been thinking for long time.

1.new skills.
    This is a must have update when introducing lvl71 update unless u wanna see bear max out restore, bird max out meditation and mage max out rev. Everyone has the same build in the end game in just not funny at all. We need more choices. Elly already post a nice thread about introducing skill tree so as other players been suggesting so many wonderful ideas in suggestion block, check it out and find a best way.
    For my opinion, skill tree would be the best idea but i doubt if this game engine can handle so many aspects and skills. My suggestion is introducing DOT skills and passive skills. I won't go in details here, i can start another thread if ppl are interesting. But bottom line is, simply add current skill level to 7 is not very accetaple.

2.class specific gear.
    The only thing im glad about mt fang is the top crafted gear is whats best stats for their each class now. Im glad devs heard our voice and i think they probably saw whoisthis's thread about ideal best gear. Thanks again to whoisthis for his effort.
    But the problem is, pvp will never be balanced or close to balance coz of warbird. Str gear is supposed to design for bear, high suvivabilty,ok skill damage,low dps but high dph,high hs,low hit and decent crit makes it a perfect tank gear. But when warbird use str gear, focus improve the lack of hit while the other bird skill can self buff dodge,lower enemy hit and root makes warbird OP against any class imo.
    The solution is clear, make class specific gear. str only for bear, dex only for bird, int only for bird for the current gear. And for those hybrid lover, make specific gear suits them instead of bird wears bear gear and become OP, and if u try to balance, bear will cry.
    I think it makes more sense as well if each class stick to their primary stats gear. Come on how can a bird fire arrow from 12m away while he equips sword?

3.new maps.
    Nuri map is very well designed. Each map has different mobs with different skills and nuri madness is a spotlight design imo, very nice idea. In nuri, mobs fight are focus on bear CC and taking hit, mage dispel debuff in time to avoid bear got one hit thus team wipe, and bird doing damage. Perfect, tank,support,dps and good maps allow all these team work to be happening. Eg,haunted symphony.
    I thought this will be the trend for the upcoming maps, but what happened to Mt Fang? Simply copy and paste balefort maps and even can't be bother to give each map a name. It's kinda funny that you run through first map it's a kinda brand new map with ok design and after u clear all and click next level u went staight back to town. And the next level from that on is just same balefort maps with same mobs. What do u get from that?
    Let me tell u what i think. DEVS run out of time to design the following maps after first map. They either run out of time(which i doubt,what are those 7 months waiting before nuri came out for,remember Mt Fang was supposed to be released with nuri),or, they put more energy into making new game? SL?DL? I only played SL for 5mins so i can't comment on that just suspicous.
    So from first level to third level in Mt Fang are just balefort runs and the result is bear is out,beckon is no need. Mobs don't cast debuff on you and you won't get one hit, no need for heal to dispel,just spam health pot. And bear is useless for most boss, so please tell me what's the point of playing a bear.

4.elixir
    I'm one of those anti-elixirs. I understand STS needs money and ppl without a lot of playing time need elixir to catch up. It's all good. But the bad influence is it ruined the end game experiences. End game farming shouldn't be affected by elixir. we need elixir to speed up our xp runs, but not end gear farming runs.
    The best gear in game should be hard earned. While i said hard earned, it doesnt mean u simply adjust drop rate to 0.1%, that's again, lazy move.
    Ppl can choose to use elixir to speed up their lvling and gain some decent gear in the mean while and STS can make a lot of money, both happy. But, for the end game gear, it should be dropped in lvl cap map. U can only enter when reaching the elite lvl cap. Those maps are not allowed to use elixir and u can only bring 25potion of each on yourself when entering. The boss in those maps are very hard to beat and require highly skilled tatics but drop rate will be decent, so let's say it could takes 1-2 hours to clear the maps but it will drop at least one end game gear for rewards.
    In that case, everyone's happy. Casual players can choose elixir or not to reach lvl cap while getting a quite good gear in the meantime. For those hardcorers, after getting the good gear they can start challenge the hardest part in game and use their real skills to try to get the best gear in game.
    And yes, those elite map should be charged for plat so STS can still make money from the hardcorer because they lose the elixir income from them. In that way it makes more sense to me. It's kinda stupid for me to see lvl66 pot head 24/7 trying to get pinks from the same boring map again and again while the drop rate is 0.1%

There's so much need to be improved but i don't wanna DEVS getting too much in one shot, those are just a few recent highly talked about topics, i really hope DEVS can look into it and make us happy again. Also, looking forward to hearing from your fellow forumers opinion about these.
    Jirouniu lvl61 wierd Bear
    Jirouniuniu lvl61 Dex Bird
    Jiroununu lvl61 dex/int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

I agree you on all the other parts, but "2.class specific gear." NOT!
    It's actually only thing what makes game and mainly PVP interesting, if there would be class specific gear it would change pvp more boring due not so much change between calsses, now it's interesting because you got to think more strategies than just one per class.

Yay, post #1000
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I agree with most things. Expect the whole class specific gear, and 1-2 hours to clear a map. If you finally clear said map and don't get a pink you lost 2 whole hours that you could have been making money. I say max 45 minutes. Maybe not with some crazy insane drop rate but a higher chance thay you'll get cap gear.
    And on the class specific note, pvp would be abandoned by most. I have many friends who use a WarBird or a dexchantress. You have to adapt. There is ways to beat them, none of my buds have 0 deaths so people are doing it.
    Just my thoughts though

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Thanks for the mention Jin.

Class specific gear is a double edged blade, IMO. If you implement class specific gear, balancing would be possible through gear but the uniformity would end up boring - like others mentioned. On the other hand, if you don't implement class specific gear, balance would probably only be possible through class specific changes (skills, stat weights, etc).

IMO, a skill system change would be really good for PL. At this point, I would prefer a deep, unique, and highly replayable skill system than a new campaign. I almost sound like a broken record. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

i'd like to see gender specific too haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Int gear for bird? What? Typo?

Anyway decent ideas, but some faults. I won't go into details.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I agree to MOST of your points but point two, CLASS SPECIFIC GEARS, NO! NO!!

This would be fatal to PL and totally kill the flexibility of PL, pvp would be very boring!

Btw, warbirds are good but they arent the best pvpers, if you can't win warbirds, that'd be your problem. No offense but I think the pvp balance is good enough, no changes are needed.

They should do some changes on drop rates instead. Most of the players have to play ten hours a day in order to have a high end set, come on, we are playing games, we are not working!! Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well guys, you have to consider the work they have gone through just to get this game to be where it is now. The have done so much to be so popular. I'd say great job Pocket Legends Team. They will work on those things when they have the chance. Im sure of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxxmikelxxx View Post
    Well guys, you have to consider the work they have gone through just to get this game to be where it is now. The have done so much to be so popular. I'd say great job Pocket Legends Team. They will work on those things when they have the chance. Im sure of it.
    Your sig! O.o Made me LOL!^^

But, when you decided to be the real/new Mikel now, and to hold onto the social basic principles, I think that everyone will be much happier Welcome new Mikel!

On topic: Except from part 2, I agree fully with you.
    I'd love to see some kind of an elite campaign, with hard mobs and uber hard bosses, which may well cost plat, but doesn't allow elixiers. When FN first came out, I believe pots in general weren't allowed, which made it really challenging.
    I hope the devs would consider doing something like this, and not to shoot one lvl-campaign after the other, without taking enough time to fully develop the individual concept for each... :/
    These elixirs just seem to be real money fountains...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks bud. It was a whole confusing predicament. I was hacked and then labeled. Not fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Good ideas.