Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let Mt. Fang stay longer this time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Listen.

everyone calm down!!

they haven't even released any information about the new campaign yet. There was a statement saying they wish to release something every 3 months til we reach level 100. I know people are excited to see what's next and are worried about it. Mount Fang just released. Lets all breathe <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinuel View Post
    How about a year so we all can get tired of playing pocket legends and move on to something else?..you guys got to remember pocket legends is a buisness and a way to run a buisness is to keep things fresh...so I'm all for pl releasing new content every couple of months
    There are other ways of keeping things "fresh" than by release new content that makes it very difficult for active players to achieve goals that are specifically set forth by STS.

Here are some examples:

1. Different events
    2. Lower level campaigns
    3. Elite campaigns that don't raise the level cap
    4. Some type of organized in game competitions (the framework of PL/SL probably does support this, but its an idea)

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KTpantyhose View Post
    everyone calm down!!
    Lol. KT. I think only one person in this thread sounds worked up.

EDIT: By the way, I wasn't implying you.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    I forgot how campaigns usually took 3 months because I left after BS and came when MF just got out xD
    Not sarcasm intended.
    Welcome back! I thought you left for good like so many other great players of the past.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    There are other ways of keeping things "fresh" than by release new content that makes it very difficult for active players to achieve goals that are specifically set forth by STS.

Here are some examples:

1. Different events
    2. Lower level campaigns
    3. Elite campaigns that don't raise the level cap
    4. Some type of organized in game competitions (the framework of PL/SL probably does support this, but its an idea)
    First of all: I totally agree with you and like these ideas
    I would also like to see something like this or simply have more time to enjoy PvP at one lvlcap.

Problem: None of these events will make players buy elixirs (no grind), and therefor no money for STS.
    These 4x elixiers are great cash cows (don't know if this word exists in English ^^).
    That's why I don't see this happening, unfortunately...

But IMO, with a step like this, STS would prove that it still cares alot about the demands of the community, and money isnt ranked above everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Yes, more time please! How else can I cap my 6 alts?!? j/k ;P
    Rasi: Grumpy old arcane mage (AL)
    Haowesie: Confused & oblivious bird (PL)
    Aestrella: Sexy insecure mage wannabe (PL)
    Drearasy: Crazy-eyed dex-bear (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i don't even think they're adding new campaigns until like half a year or something...Halfway between enough for a person to get to max , as well as enough for them to create and think of designs..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl 66 Enchantress,Lvl61Enchantress,Lvl 60 Enchantress,LVl 66 Bear,Lvl 61 Bear Lvl 66 Bird, Lvl 59 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Hmmm... I very much like the idea of waiting a longer amount of time before the next campaign, I was most active during the AO2 days, and there was a long break (if I remember correctly) that I very much enjoyed. It has now turned into lvl lvl lvl lvl as fast as possible and more lvling. I'm in college now and I don't have much time to play so I'm many levels behind everyone else (10 to be exact). It has gotten to the point where I have given up and now only play on my lower lvl twinks. Just my 2¢

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

11% there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I'm definitely with swim, I just managed to get to 62 myself, and I know lots of players who just don't have the time for that. What about new players? If the level cap is in the 90s and people are chargn 10mil ( because everyone will be rich by then, and with wealth comes price increase) I doubt too many of them will be that determined to play as often. Just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I agree with six months, but I'm not even the required level yet..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

i like this thread, all good feed back, and i am 100% sure devs love it too!!! this stuff is exactally what they are looking for as in feed back to keep us happy...

i really enjoy lvling up - i personally lvl up so my chars are the best they can be for pvp/ctf... so if we get new content every three months i will never be able to fully enjoy the gear/lvl if we all dont have the time to reach elite lvl.

and yes it is a ballance of adding new content to keep every one interested and playing and giving every one enough time to do so.

i do realize that this time we are in now with ever one using elixers is a huge cash cow for pl, as it should be they develope and deserve to make money!!! and thank you for doing so much gooooood work!

mejslll

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Ok, so this will be my first and last comment on this subject. The only reason sewers was around that long was because STS was busy with SL. They've said that themselves. Now, look at the rate that SL campaigns are coming out. I don't see of anyone complaining about new content coming out too soon.
    As its been said, STS is a Bussiness. It's employees and employers have families and mouths that need to be fed. If they take so much time releasing content, thats money they're losing. By the size of this mmo, they NEED to release content more frequently, as opposed to a pc game like WoW, which is capable of massive campaigns that could hold players out for many months.

Do you see what I'm getting at? When pl first came out, content was released this frequent. As time went on, the time in between updates grew longer, but that was due to STS working on getting the game out there, and getting SL out. Basically trying to make a name for themselves.

IMO, STS is at a point where they can spend more time on development, since they're getting exposure in commercials and advertisements. We should be happy that new content is coming this soon. The elite cap isn't for everyone, and you're gonna have to really want it to get there. I have friends that play on there spare time with jobs and families and they've still managed to make it on time. But enough of that, the main point is that STS needs to make money and they're doing it right.

You wouldn't complain if your favorite line or brand of shoes/clothing are releasing new items every few months right? Or if your favorite game titles release sequels every few months? Idk about you, but I'd love if they made Zelda games as often.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i dont think they will be doing it as soon. they said they had the maps ready but held off for the release of SL...i dunno but totally agree they shouldnt EVER do then that close again...not enough time at all
    Owner of the darkavenger franchise.

Check all my characters out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I like the idea behind this thread, but I disagree. Its called "hardcore" for a reason. Its supposed to be only for the "all day gamers" or the elixar runners, not the average guys like you and me. I wish it wasn't this way but it is. I wish top level vanities didn't give a huge advantage, but it does. So in other words, I'm with you, but thats just not how it is anymore. Top level xp grinding at a hardcore rate is the only way to survive nowadays. Good luck man, and I hope you get your vanity!

~MM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Ok, so this will be my first and last comment on this subject. The only reason sewers was around that long was because STS was busy with SL. They've said that themselves. Now, look at the rate that SL campaigns are coming out. I don't see of anyone complaining about new content coming out too soon.
    As its been said, STS is a Bussiness. It's employees and employers have families and mouths that need to be fed. If they take so much time releasing content, thats money they're losing. By the size of this mmo, they NEED to release content more frequently, as opposed to a pc game like WoW, which is capable of massive campaigns that could hold players out for many months.

Do you see what I'm getting at? When pl first came out, content was released this frequent. As time went on, the time in between updates grew longer, but that was due to STS working on getting the game out there, and getting SL out. Basically trying to make a name for themselves.

IMO, STS is at a point where they can spend more time on development, since they're getting exposure in commercials and advertisements. We should be happy that new content is coming this soon. The elite cap isn't for everyone, and you're gonna have to really want it to get there. I have friends that play on there spare time with jobs and families and they've still managed to make it on time. But enough of that, the main point is that STS needs to make money and they're doing it right.

You wouldn't complain if your favorite line or brand of shoes/clothing are releasing new items every few months right? Or if your favorite game titles release sequels every few months? Idk about you, but I'd love if they made Zelda games as often.
    Hmmm... you do bring up some valid points, but if I may... here's how it feels now:

I am in no way a "hard core gamer" I fact until PL I spent very very little time playing games but PL was fun and addicting for a number of reasons. Fun game, awesome devs, and the best community I have seen. And the devs are still awesome, but the community is the only thing keeping me from going. And its getting to the point where I so rarely log onto my main because I am 10 levels behind everyone else and just dont have the time to level as fast as the campaigns are coming out. And I always though of PL as not such a hardcore game,well its turning into one and its feeling like theres no way to be a high level casual gamer anymore. That's why I spend all of the little time I have talking to the community on my level 10 and 19 twinks. Noe I understand the money issue, but there must be some other way... or at least a way to make it easier for the casual gamer...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanielRH For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post

Here's something else to consider. In business, to be successful, you don't target the minority (in this case the "hardcore"). You target the masses, or more casual gamers. I'm not saying you ignore the hardcore players. But there are ways to make things exciting for both groups.

Maybe MMOs are different. This is my first so I don't know the ratio of hardcore to casual. I am sure STS has these statistics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

I see what you mean too Dan, I do t have a lot of time in between school, work, and my art projects, but I had to make time (and a lot of it) this past week in order to stay caught up, and I honestly wouldn't have been able to do it at all if not for the xp requirements lowering till the end of the month. I think that in doing that, STS is trying to accommodate the casual player, and are coming up with ways and methods to accommodate them even more!

I'm sure that they know the majority of their customers arent just kids with no jobs/careers, families, and still in grade school living on their parents allowance; a lot of us have jobs to maintain to pay the bills and families to provide for. It should become fair very soon with SL and the games they have coming, they're also giving us options, which is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    Here's something else to consider. In business, to be successful, you don't target the minority (in this case the "hardcore"). You target the masses, or more casual gamers. I'm not saying you ignore the hardcore players. But there are ways to make things exciting for both groups.

Maybe MMOs are different. This is my first so I don't know the ratio of hardcore to casual. I am sure STS has these statistics.
    Sorry I didn't see your post as I was still writing dan's reply lol, but I think my response could pertain to you as well
    PL was also my first MMORPG, so its near and dear to my heart and I try to see the reasoning in all of STS' decisions. In the end of the day, since day one, theyve always looked out for our best interests and try to accommodate us all as much as possible.
    Last edited by RedRyder; 11-24-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Guys, to be honest, it was possible to get 61 in Nuri's with 1.5x and with no elixirs at all.
    I know of a few that did it on no elixirs.
    Mount Fang is even easier. I myself, have already done 50k in with 1.5s and would be at 100k today IF my iPod didn't screw me up...AGAIN.
    So yes, it is POSSIBLE, but very crazy. I spent 14 hours for that 50k exp on 1.5s.
    I only could do this because I had a break. However, many others cannot do this and that is why I will agree to this.
    Besides getting the level cap, people will also need time to buy new gear, PvP and farm.
    It's not always a rush to the cap. Because after the cap, I can relax and farm.

So, while it is possible, two months is 60 days. 100/60 is basically 1,700ish exp per day.
    I did more than 20k each day these last few days, and that is why I got so much exp so fast.

And while it is possible, many people do use 4x elixirs. And that makes it easier. So it's not the matter of possible or impossible, it's simply the matter of how much time an average guy would have to level, and that depends on who you are, but I would say about an hour a day would fit the description. That's not much.

I'm gonna agree on Swim with this. Give us MORE time.
    If the game will just be based off of getting a vanity every cap and having a cap every two months or so with people simply spamming 4xes to get there, a lot of people will get bored eventually and quit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes, it worked - peer pressure was enough to force me to level to 66 in MtFang using elixirs (I miss only 2k... tonight is the night), what I didn't in Nuri. But it was expensive, and I have three mains to lead to the level cap. And I consumed gold for equipments - playing with elixir compress time and gives less opportunities to loot good items.

This time it worked for me. But next time? IDK, really. I'm sure on the same path it will arrive a day I'll decide to do not accept the pressure, refuse to pay these amounts for playing, taking in account to leave PvP and CTF games. What if a consistent number of players will do the same? Milking a cow four times a day doesn't double the milk, but surely annoys the cow...