Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A suggestion for devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Default A suggestion for devs

Hi arlor & devs,

I always asked myself why does STS not use advertisement to gain new players.
    The answer would probably be this is not in their budget, or they just don’t want to take the time for advertisements.

My name is Einstein, and I have a proper solution for you...

With the next update, you could introduce an NPC where we (us players) CAN (this is completely by choice) watch videos/trailers whatsoever from other companies/developers etc. (You know, the thing that exists in literally every free2play game, but most ads pop up even if you don’t want it and then it becomes annoying.

The difference here is that we can choose to either watch these vids or not.
    If one doesn’t want to watch them. Fine
    If one does want to watch them. Even better!
    Nobody is forced and I would love to support my favourite devs by spending 2-3 minutes a day watching ads.

Opinions may be posted in 3, 2, 1, ...
    Don't quote me

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenomSet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Agree great idea
    Fight Me -_-

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Continental For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Wait I’m confused. Do you mean watch AL ads that sts make or...? Dunno how we’re suppised to support their cause by watching other companies’ ads.. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tippertwo View Post
    Wait I’m confused. Do you mean watch AL ads that sts make or...? Dunno how we’re suppised to support their cause by watching other companies’ ads.. :/
    Generally the other companies would pay spacetime per view of the ad, making a bit of an income for them via us watching a quick video

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,891 Posts

Generally, video ads pay so little that they're not worth having unless everyone that plays is watching them frequently. For something that players have to choose to see and get no direct benefit from, it might never even pay for the time it takes to implement and keep up to date.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Generally, video ads pay so little that they're not worth having unless everyone that plays is watching them frequently. For something that players have to choose to see and get no direct benefit from, it might never even pay for the time it takes to implement and keep up to date.
    5k gold per ad watched? I mean rich people won't watch them but the poor will, even I would watch the videos. You guys might have 100 people watch an ad per 10 minutes or less.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    5k gold per ad watched? I mean rich people won't watch them but the poor will, even I would watch the videos. You guys might have 100 people watch an ad per 10 minutes or less.
    With some quick napkin math, that comes out to less than a dollar a day. I'll stick with my opinion of them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

With some quick napkin math, that comes out to less than a dollar a day. I'll stick with my opinion of them.
    Do you ever go home or do you sleep in the office ? XD
    And ew, math.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Oh ok, I agree not to do videos then. I thought it would be around 50$ a day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

what about 1 platinum a day per video or 2 crate token. Most of the active player base would be interested in something like this and its something all players would do, and you won't get anything useful out of the platinum until about a week of watching videos and even longer for crate tokens. So it motivates players to do it, but doesn't ruin the economy by putting too much in.

A little bit of quick research shows that every 1000 views on an ad generated about $50-$100 depending the pay per minute of the advertiser. So if you get the active player basis interested, then maybe 10k views a day. And I would not be surprised if people create multiple accounts, so that would generate even more revenue. Is $500-$1000 soemthing more up your avenue @Futumush? Or still not worth it, this is the equivalent of someone buying a few thousand plat.

Here is an article for your reference: https://www.quora.com/How-much-money...om-advertising
    Last edited by Spheresome; 11-17-2018 at 12:20 AM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenomSet View Post
    Hi arlor & devs,

The answer would probably be this is not in their budget, or they just don’t want to take the time for advertisements.

With the next update, you could introduce an NPC where we (us players) CAN (this is completely by choice) watch videos/trailers whatsoever from other companies/developers etc. (You know, the thing that exists in literally every free2play game, but most ads pop up even if you don’t want it and then it becomes annoying.

Nobody is forced and I would love to support my favourite devs by spending 2-3 minutes a day watching ads.

This stuff can be really tricky (just my assumption)............ I think STS gets it, though...............

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenomSet View Post
    Hi arlor & devs,

But I do understand and hear you...... I would like an influx of more players, too........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    what about 1 platinum a day per video or 2 crate token. Most of the active player base would be interested in something like this and its something all players would do, and you won't get anything useful out of the platinum until about a week of watching videos and even longer for crate tokens. So it motivates players to do it, but doesn't ruin the economy by putting too much in.

A little bit of quick research shows that every 1000 views on an ad generated about $50-$100 depending the pay per minute of the advertiser. So if you get the active player basis interested, then maybe 10k views a day. And I would not be surprised if people create multiple accounts, so that would generate even more revenue. Is $500-$1000 soemthing more up your avenue @Futumush? Or still not worth it, this is the equivalent of someone buying a few thousand plat.

Here is an article for your reference: https://www.quora.com/How-much-money...om-advertising
    Excellent, provided facts to back up the topic and even gave us his source to support it. Well done I must say well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    Excellent, provided facts to back up the topic and even gave us his source to support it. Well done I must say well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Nice to see I’m not the only one who would believe in this
    Don't quote me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Lol let's say 1000 videos get watched per a day. That would around 10$ haha. Not worth it. If I were staying I would put the speed elixer fund for video watching to a bigger advertising source. Every day for a year 3650$ (probably don't get 1000 video views but could edit it the promotion) advertise for begger advertising. I remember the commercial for PL lol. Low key I saw a thread for a famous YouTuber to promote. I will donate to a go fund me for this. Ive been with you guys for awhile it's time to give back
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ancestor View Post
    Lol let's say 1000 videos get watched per a day. That would around 10$ haha. Not worth it. If I were staying I would put the speed elixer fund for video watching to a bigger advertising source. Every day for a year 3650$ (probably don't get 1000 video views but could edit it the promotion) advertise for begger advertising. I remember the commercial for PL lol. Low key I saw a thread for a famous YouTuber to promote. I will donate to a go fund me for this. Ive been with you guys for awhile it's time to give back
    If you can afford to donate why not just buy plat???
    Then both parties benefit
    Fight Me -_-

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Continental For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

-100 i hate those game who have some video pop up asking you to watch, that make the game look cheap, no ty.

Buy plat if you want to support sts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

imo a free and consistent way to obtain plat will result in a larger loss than profit in the long run . Remember that a big part of the AL player base is underage and cant really buy large amounts of plat often , in that case it would be easier to wait 10 days instead of buying the 10 plat bundle .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    imo a free and consistent way to obtain plat will result in a larger loss than profit in the long run . Remember that a big part of the AL player base is underage and cant really buy large amounts of plat often , in that case it would be easier to wait 10 days instead of buying the 10 plat bundle .
    What about a new currency altogether :3