Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scamming in Al

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Default Scamming in Al

Sts is most likely gonna shut down this post soon, but still its worth a shot.

There has been so many scamming cases in Al recently.

My friend lost his lvl 60 arti to a scammer called apport today. Why isnt sts doing anything?
    Eveytime someone creates a thread it just gets deleted and scammers can continue their work with new characters. Whats the reason behind this? Why dont you do anything about it, bcz you could I if you wanted to.

When someone is selling plat or posts free plat posts in town, they so serious and get handled immediately. Why dont you care about what the community is doing to eachothers?
    Ign:Fvw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

When a player lets a "friend" use/try an item, they know the risks involved. (Not saying this is the case)

If a player can't afford to replace the item s/he loans out, don't lend without collateral. Too bad for your friend.
    Avy
    12-2012

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Everybody who lends does this at their own risk. Getting scammed is basically ur own fault. Just take insurrence if u want to make sure he cant scam. As avaree said
    Last edited by QuaseT; 11-17-2018 at 08:50 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Yea I know these things, its their own fault etc.
    But still isnt it wrong to pretend to be a friend then just wait for the right moment?
    Nobody can defend this kind of action.
    If those things on quas post arent considered as scam it means the only things that are considered a scam are about platinum. And the reason for that its harmful for sts’ economy.

So after all scam means, tricking or cheating someone out of their posessions, correct me if Im wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Please sts, slog through hundreds of S/A (scammer accusations) to find the real scammers, please waste your time on this and do not focus on content.

Its so hard to get scammed in Arcane legends i really dont feel sorry for the people that get scammed anymore. I guess i do for the not wealthy new people that get scammed by old pros.

I bet your friend wont make that mistake again. Ive only ever "borrowed" items to a person that i can find irl, so i can collect if i really need to :3.

I just dont get people sometimes..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by radagan View Post
    Yea I know these things, its their own fault etc.
    But still isnt it wrong to pretend to be a friend then just wait for the right moment?
    Nobody can defend this kind of action.
    If those things on quas post arent considered as scam it means the only things that are considered a scam are about platinum. And the reason for that its harmful for sts’ economy.

So after all scam means, tricking or cheating someone out of their posessions, correct me if Im wrong
    It seems this is the nature of human beings.
    They aren’t any better in the real world. Is war necessary? Is murder necessary? No. But the world is full of it.
    Don't quote me

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenomSet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

As people above have mentioned, scams happen within the game at the fault of oneself, a decision made to lend an item/gold/etc to another player. There is a word called "no". And the only thing people lose are harmless virtual items.

The gold phishing on the other hand involves 3rd party websites posing as either affiliates of STS (impersonation) or as a "hacking tool" to swindle people into revealing their account info, which may or may not be their own google account with their own private and personal info

So it makes sense as to why their focus is prioritized towards the account phishing over the "he took my thing and didnt give it back". No system is perfect, and there is no such thing as 100% efficiency. Which is why these phishers are an everyday battle.
    Last edited by Zylx; 11-18-2018 at 10:03 AM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'm just a no one .. but no matter what you do and say its still her/his fault bro. If she/he can't read the rules and regulation that has been set .. before he/she agree in this game . Then bro accept the reality. Sts and devs doing their job not only to give us happiness in this game but also to remind us that its still our own choice to failed and not to failed . Im not saying there is no solution about that kind of problem but don't blame someone for your own mistakes. thank you . .. no one can change human nature ..

Sent from my Flare 2.1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Yes, I see why sts cabt handle these cases.
    But Im just wondering, who are these ppl irl? Didnt they mother love and raise them or something. How can they become anything in life or even be good citizens if they cant even achieve basic human decency in a social video game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

I just want to comment and say that yes, while it is in the terms of service and that it is the players own fault for having done his/her action that caused him/her to be scammed or lose their items. This causes people to quit regardless of whether of not it is against the terms of service or if it is their own fault or not. I think that while it is not sts intention to shrink the size of the community. It has been their negligence against instances like this that has allowed the problem to persist and continue.

I personally think that we as a community shoild focus more on the big picture, and that is keeping the community as alive as possible. That even though it is that persons fault for being scammed. The person who does scam should be held accountable for their actions.

My belief is that, people who have been scammed should not be returned their items as it is theirr fault for having been scammed. But the people who are scamming should be punished and sts should be very harsh on their punishments as to disuade others from doing so.

Its just my opinion on how sts should handle things, dont shoot me if I my thoughts differ from yours
    Last edited by Spheresome; 11-18-2018 at 10:59 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

True, scamming is a major problem and something should be done about it. Scamming shouldnt just be considered as a thing thats always there and it just happens
    Last edited by radagan; 11-18-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

If banning these scammers happening...

There will be some players who gift you some reasonable items and saying you scammed him/her and you got ban.

Do you want this to happen or just avoid lending your items to “friends”?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Just lend your items to irl friends at least you can go punch the scammer irl if he/her scammed you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Sts could easily check the truth if banning them would be a thing, but as Ppl have said alrdy, it seems banning them would be too much work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Sts is most likely gonna shut down this post soon, but still its worth a shot.

There has been so many scamming cases in Al recently.

My friend lost his lvl 60 arti to a scammer called apport today. Why isnt sts doing anything?
    Eveytime someone creates a thread it just gets deleted and scammers can continue their work with new characters. Whats the reason behind this? Why dont you do anything about it, bcz you could I if you wanted to.

When someone is selling plat or posts free plat posts in town, they so serious and get handled immediately. Why dont you care about what the community is doing to eachothers?
    You guys are falling for scams too easily.......... Like, seriously.......

I know "openness" (I think I made up that word) and "freedom" is a huge part of this game but, you guys can't expect STS to babysit...... You kinda have to meet them halfway........ Be wiser with your hard earned/luckily obtained items........ STOP giving your stuff to people.... Supposed "friends" sometimes are "wolves in sheep clothing"................................ Sometimes prospective buyers are wolves, too............

Be wiser....... The world is dirty.......
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 11-19-2018 at 01:16 AM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

We are not on the antique or medieval age where trusting ppl was a weakness xd The only thing that ppl who got scammed do wrong is trusting people. Then the trash ppl abuse it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

We are not on the antique or medieval age where trusting ppl was a weakness xd The only thing that ppl who got scammed do wrong is trusting people. Then the trash ppl abuse it
    Stop trusting your "digital homeboys"..........

Scamming "only" occurs when you "trust" those "digital BFF's".........................................

What is supposed to be done about the "lack of intelligence"?........... STS can code but, they can't decipher and control the human mind........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Remember there are real people behind the toons, and as you said they can think, which means they make their own choices. Seems they just lack on conscience

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

So what are you suggesting?

Do you want STS to personally monitor you and all of the other Arlorians to make sure you all do not engage in "reckless habits"?................

If you suck your thumb, how does STS stop that???????

Only option for these type of actions is to ban trading/gifting...... But, that just weakens the game itself.............. So...................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Sir I havent been scammed.
    You just seem not to understand scamming isnt about the thing you call intelligence. Most of the ppl here have real lifes, and the ppl who scam them arent their ”Bffs”
    Scammers wont stop after just 1 scam they will do it again and again
    And Im not suggesting anything, its sts’ choice ehat they will do