Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Default New Arena

Hi,

while running arena 10000x during cake event, I got nostalgia to the times back in 2015 (was it 2015 I can’t remember) when arena launched and the runs were so ridiculously hard for me but it was also so fun.

The problem now is bosses aren’t scaled meaning a rogue party can 1 shot every boss.
    The fireworks when looting a Planar arena chest are flashy but serve no real purpose as they decreased the vial loot chance to 0,000001% (I think I’m not even overdramatizing this one)
    Hint: This is not going to be a thread to increase vial loot chance, this is another topic.

I don’t know about you but I would greatly appreciate a new arena.
    Make it hard, make it luck based partly so these luck elixirs serve a purpose finally; it’s all about that GL right now! (Ps: I have 320GL which is decent I guess and I am saying this)
    BUT also make some guaranteed drops like a new token currency, crafting ingredients for new stuff to craft etc.

But (for me) most importantly, add some good stuff in the loottable (which should be affected by luck%) like a new arcane egg (Nope, not trying to destroy egg prices, make a new arcane egg which will only be lootable in this arena, if necessary you can add an extra boss that has a chance to spawn after each boss fight) and this boss has let’s say a 0,02% chance to drop the Arcane egg.
    Yes, ridiculously low drop rate same as vials but heck vials don’t deserve to be that rare, an arcane egg for sure deserves to be that rare.
    The drop rate is low but AT LEAST IT IS THERE and players WILL run these maps.

To boost StS income I’m also thinking of adding some elixirs for this arena which can be bought with plat (for example elixir that has 2x chance to spawn the extra boss; elixir that has a chance to loot an all-exclusive new vanity set for each class ONLY available in arena and ONLY lootable with this elixir) (preferably not a recoloured one)

Not only talking about Arcane Eggs which may drop there if one is extremely lucky, you can also add Locked Crates to the loottable, you can add vials to the loottable, you can add awakening gems/kits to the loottable (of course make em rare), you can add so much to the loottable.

You can also make a completely new arena vendor who will take tokens (which are guaranteed drops when finishing the arena) and crafting materials to craft new gear/buy new gear and other stuff)

I know this text may have some flaws but overall I think it’s a pretty good idea.

What do you think?
    Last edited by VenomSet; 11-23-2018 at 11:13 AM.
    Don't quote me

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VenomSet For This Useful Post: