Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
The idea of restricting this for end game is to encourage not only completing the main game and levelling but to offer a challenge once end game has been completed.

So allowing people to have access before completing end game defeats the whole idea...

If you can’t level and reach cap in end game what the chances you’ll get very far on hardcore ? :3

Food for thought...

1 <3
I don’t think it defeats the purpose and I’ll use hardcore Ironman in osrs as a perfect example of hardcore mode exsisting without being forced to play standard. Imo all it does is ensure less people play. So no matter how you slice it that’s the end result, less people playing. The content has no relations whatsoever to our mains so to me that doesn’t seem very logical. If I haven’t capped since 66 but have 650+k pve kills over 48k aps amongst two chars I’m not qualified to play it? Some could be burnt out on standard and this was something new and fresh that coulda been appealing to even possibly peak the interest of people who haven’t played much in a while like myself. I don’t see how that could possibly be a bad thing or why anyone would be against this being accessible to all players to try if they wanted.