Thread: Phone Advice?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Phone Advice?

After playing PL for over a year on my iPod Touch 2nd gen I am ready for an upgrade.

I have narrowed down to 3 options.

1) iPhone 4, $99.00. This is what I am leaning to the most as I am very familiar and like the Iphone platform.

2) Droid Incredible by HTC. Free! I like because of the free option! Does anyone have experience with this? Does it work good with PL? Is it sturdy enough for day to day abuse.

3) Droid 3 by Motorola. $99.00. Same cost as iPhone. Is it as good or better than iPhone. Any key benefits of Droid over iPhone.

Most important question. Do the Droid's sync well/easy with MS Outlook? I need to sync contacts, Calendar, notes, & email if possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    YYZBird-115, YYZBear-115, YYZMage-115

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My two cents....Go with a Droid. I don't know about the Droid 3 in particular but I have a Droid X and will be upgrading to either the Droid Razor or Droid Bionic in the next month or so ( unless they release something better before then ). I love the Droid. PL and SL both perform well on my phone. A big plus is the removable battery which iphone devices lack which makes replacement with an extended life battery possible because we all know that PL (or any game with decent graphics) will suck the life out of your battery quicker than Aunt Emma attacking a level 61 mage.
    As far as synch-ability...I will have to leave that for someone else to answer as I have no experience with that.
    Good luck with whatever you decide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

YYZ, the extra 99 dollars for the 4S is well worth the upgrade. I'll explain why:

With each year, the lower-end iPhone sold misses out on a majority of the new software updates, due to lack of "hardware". The hardware actually exists to make it possible in most cases, but Apple just wants users to let go of their old devices to get the next greatest thing. The iPhone 4S also has one of the best GPU's on the market. This means that it will be able to run practically any game flawlessly (now that the PL screen frame skip problem has been fixed). The iPhone 4S is also a lot faster in terms of browsing, computing data, and handling games. My apps which lagged on the iPhone 4, don't lag on the iPhone 4S anymore. The 99 dollars extra is worth it in the long run. Also, the resale value will be higher on the iPhone 4S, so should you want to upgrade again, you won't lose that much money.

Good Luck with whatever you decide!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default D3 runs pl perfectly

But it is only 3G capable whereas the bionic is 4G. D3 has slide out keyboard. D3 and Bionic have very similar specs biggest difference is if keyboard or 4G is more important to you. I have no experience with any iPhones so will defer to others in that department. The Bionic boasts more memory but is also very heavy on bloatware essentially nullifying that pro due to background processes. Up to you, if you can wait go for the Galaxy nexus prime.