Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: No new guardians picked in a while?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

[QUOTE=NECROREAPER:495950]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post

In no way shape or form does it say it's *required* for them to help out after they get the commendation,

there'd be dozens or even hundreds more of them running around.
    Totally agree with both these points. I'm not for sure who you are thinking of, but I never suggested that GoAs were required to do anything. I don't know what makes you think I think that.

I know in the past, that some players in-game have asked that GoAs settle disputes and such. And of course they have no responsibility or authority to do so. And when people on the forum said that they didn't have that authority to do this, I agreed. GoA is not a position of authority, I agree.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Can anyone prove that I have been helpful? I know I can't.
    Oooh ... sorry, Feds were asking too many questions so I had to delete the photos of you helping me bury that ...carpet wrapped package.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I originally posted this in my retirement thread, but I feel its relevant and needs repeating.

STS, you may wanna rethink the GoA/sg program, I know I can't be the only person who has felt alienated by it, knowing that you in all rights have deserved it, only to watch everyone else time and time again get it, but not you. I may not be as active as I used to be, but up until recently I was on for 4-6 hours a day, and quite often, more than that, exemplifying everything GoA/sg stands for. And before people start "well if you want to be a GoA/sg, you never will be". That's bullcrap and you know it. I help people because its how I am, and always have been that way, and because I hear about something being given to people for doing all the stuff I had already been doing, and then wanting it also, means I shouldn't get it? Seriously STS, I'm sure more than just me feel this way.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skavenger216 For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

The program has become rubbish. I am not an angel and I can be unfriendly, a jerk, and down right harsh. I've helpful and done quite a bit here for the pvp community, which gets the least help and attention.
    I do have a great deal of respect for certain and very specific guardians, and others hold very little merit in my eyes. Got tired of seeing brown nosers in the forums, people with very little experience and knowledge just being facile with their sugar on top posts which seriously add nothing to the conversation. Then I see a someone standing around trying to "help" people, you know, the types that do it for a day or two, get reognized somehow and get the title and are never seen again. So many new players without any real working knowledge of the game are clammering to be a GOA.
    Time should be a factor. Anyone can come here post in every single thread in green font for a couple weeks and get it... Then never be seen again. It does undermine the program. And I 100% agree with WhoIsThis and many others.
    Many names that have been thrown out here, who are they!? The only ones I think should be considered are Gluttony, WhoIsThis, and Siejo. No offense to anyone who thinks they should personally be one too.
    Lately I've decided to speak more boldly in my posts. So tired of everyone acting and being overly kind and helpful. You can't even write a friendly funny post without the proper police quoting you and everthing else under the sun to prove what?
    A guardian should have a wide range or intel on many different aspects of the game. From low level twinking to end game pvp, to the cs, the pinks - their prices, where they drop. Know history of the game, be an older player. I've been here a year now (ig) and I sure don't want to see someone who has been here a month be a GOA, how can they possibly help me? Or other like me or older than me. Guardians should be able to understand and help all, which I do not see in many. Time should be a factor. You can't possibly know enough about pl in a coupke months, even if you did get from lvl 1-65/66 in that time.
    P.S : if you wanna be a GOA, find me in game and pvp me 1/1 or ctf vs my team. I'll show you what you don't know
    Story of a Champion, sorry I'm a champion.
    Silly civilian plers! Hehe.
    (Leave me alone todays my pl BDay!!!)
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsolutePally For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Not starting a war just pointing something out so dont kill me please. I havent really seen MoogerFooger helping. Maybe im wrong? Please correct me if im wrong. Idk. Maybe I just dont see him helping
    Glad to see that I had to hear someone talking about me in game from a friend. I talk to people a lot in game, Cascade, and try to help lowbies in AO2 with tips and gear suggestions when I get bored on go farm Plasma Pyramid. I have given away hundreds of pinks in AO2 and AO3, for example, to people with crummy gear. I randomly buy pinks in CS and give them to ppl I know are looking for something. Just because I am not on here posting 20 times a day doesn't mean I am not helping, just like the dozens of other players that are very helpful/active in game but are not on the forums so much or have 4000+ posts. When Phys and Yanis were around, I posted tons (along with Phys, my forum mentor) on Archer gear and mechanics, discussed about everything that came along archer-wise. I check in on WhoIsThis's threads, the person who I would nominate if I could (and Gluttony as well). I'm not special, and am flattered that a few peeps think I am ok...but I only post on topics that I actually might know a little something about.

Look at Rosettes aka Petrichor. GoA who has like 70 whopping posts on the forum or something. But one of the nicest, most helpful players IN GAME that I have ever met.

Before I met her in game (and not on the forum) I never stopped to help people lower level than me very much. After seeing her and how she tries to help people in game, and making me remember how I liked/appreciated it when I was lowbie 35 and those big bad 50s in Rift gear would give me tips, I do what I can in game. I don't believe in making guides for the sake of making guides...I just try to pitch in on convos I might know something about, when I can.

Peace out. See all of you in game.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 11-29-2011 at 07:19 PM.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef View Post
    Gluttony is long overdue.
    And WhoIsThis (aka Attackelf/AttackAvian in game). Awesome player with a fountain of PvE, PvP and mage knowledge. Long overdue for both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Can anyone prove that I have been helpful? I know I can't.
    made me lolz for real.

Stomp, I always know that when I see the RevSquirrel that somethin' funny is about to be said....

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I am sorry Mooooog. You have now triple-posted and have failed to meet GoA requirements due to the inability to use the "edit" button. May you forever burn in hell.

Sincerely,

Crim
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I am sorry Mooooog. You have now triple-posted and have failed to meet GoA requirements due to the inability to use the "edit" button. May you forever burn in hell.

Sincerely,

Crim
    LMAO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post

Sincerely,

Crim
    I am sorry, I did not feel like trying to stuff three different quotes in one post because then my post would be too long and convoluted and covering too many things, and I would not want my favorite Alabama fan from Tennessee's brain to asplode trying to comprehend my forum editing ninja skillz

My heart burns for you, or it may just be the greasy tacos I ate,
    Moog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I am sorry, I did not feel like trying to stuff three different quotes in one post because then my post would be too long and convoluted and covering too many things, and I would not want my favorite Alabama fan from Tennessee's brain to asplode trying to comprehend my forum editing ninja skillz

My heart burns for you, or it may just be the greasy tacos I ate,
    Moog
    LOL!

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Glad to see that I had to hear someone talking about me in game from a friend. I talk to people a lot in game, Cascade, and try to help lowbies in AO2 with tips and gear suggestions when I get bored on go farm Plasma Pyramid. I have given away hundreds of pinks in AO2 and AO3, for example, to people with crummy gear. I randomly buy pinks in CS and give them to ppl I know are looking for something. Just because I am not on here posting 20 times a day doesn't mean I am not helping, just like the dozens of other players that are very helpful/active in game but are not on the forums so much or have 4000+ posts. When Phys and Yanis were around, I posted tons (along with Phys, my forum mentor) on Archer gear and mechanics, discussed about everything that came along archer-wise. I check in on WhoIsThis's threads, the person who I would nominate if I could (and Gluttony as well). I'm not special, and am flattered that a few peeps think I am ok...but I only post on topics that I actually might know a little something about.

Look at Rosettes aka Petrichor. GoA who has like 70 whopping posts on the forum or something. But one of the nicest, most helpful players IN GAME that I have ever met.

Before I met her in game (and not on the forum) I never stopped to help people lower level than me very much. After seeing her and how she tries to help people in game, and making me remember how I liked/appreciated it when I was lowbie 35 and those big bad 50s in Rift gear would give me tips, I do what I can in game. I don't believe in making guides for the sake of making guides...I just try to pitch in on convos I might know something about, when I can.

Moog for President! Haha.
    Glad to have finally gotten to know you more recently in game. I wish you luck as you enter the world of end game pvp/ctf. Ill be glad to help you.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    Anyone can come here post in every single thread in green font for a couple weeks and get it... Then never be seen again. It does undermine the program.
    This^^^

I chuckled to my self because it's the same exact thing I've been thinking ever since it happened

-------AEO-------

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    Sorry if I am misunderstanding you, but are you seriously asking for proof that persons like Gluttony, Moog or WhoisThis are helpful on the forums?! :O
    Look around!
    Yes, I am. Tell me your opinion on how they are helping and make 3 examples. You can even type up an essay.

EDIT: The green font? ...you reminded me. That guy barely posts now.......
    And I agree with a lot of you, helping in game is more helpful than helping on forums. More people play the game than people that have a forum account.

So those of you who want to be a GOA, forget about posting some "helpful" or useless posts. Go get your char and start helping in game. Remember Shakespeare's magical way to be a GOA? It didn't just include posting. It also included being helpful in game. So I would like to see some nice people in game that are helping new people out. If you want to be an AOA without being an AOA go help in game with a lower level character. You don't have to be a GOA or AOA to help in game and on forums. Well I hope to see some 5-star nice people and helpers in-game in 1 hour. Don't try to forcefully help people either. There are 7 billion different perspectives in the world about everything so some people might think they don't need help. If you want to clear rushers out of PVP, then teach the low level characters not to rush. If you would like the game to be all nice people then go tell people in-game being nice is good. Explain to them being nice is a benefit. Not only to others but to themselves.

As you all know I usually don't type posts this long. So I shouldn't try making more good things you could do to help. Find them out yourself. Good luck, have fun. And bye...
    Last edited by Swimmingstar; 11-29-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

No one can predict the future (except...<insert person you know> ) so I don't see anything wrong with giving someone a title based on their actions from the past till the present. If anything, people take breaks so it's better to have many qualified people so that when so-and-so takes a break there are still helpful peeps around As for the "Who is qualified?" issue and the "qualified not being recognized" conundrum, I suppose it goes back to the larger question of "Does altruism exist?"........and I like to think it does Have fun, play nice, be nice, and if something comes of it then something comes of it but if nothing does then nothing does

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    Moog for President! Haha.
    Glad to have finally gotten to know you more recently in game. I wish you luck as you enter the world of end game pvp/ctf. Ill be glad to help you.
    Werd. I am thinking there will be a lot of learning needed, after seeing the results of my first forays in da PvP world. Noobynoob > this guy.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

And be benevolent like I heard Mooger is!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Cool bro thanks for clearing it up. I'll be watching you. :0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Siejo, MoogerFooger, Gluttony, Whoisthis, and Cascade....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Wow. Thanks bro. That means alot. xD I certainly dont deserve it. xD