Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No new guardians picked in a while?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Edit: phone submitted before I could type

Couldn't quote well, but I have to agree with the post saying that with the little "new" content introduced, there's really no new info to relay or give a perspective on either.

I mean, I like writing bear guides, especially since I learn something new about them every time I collect data on them, but at this point there's really nothing new to write on them other than the new item sets that come out - which isn't even restricted to bears anyway.

So yeah, the content/guide/informative type threads seem to be "full" until a big new discovery is made.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 11-29-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

It seems as if the beautiful flower, sts and PL/SL has deteriorated alot over time. That's not to say it can't be saved. And that's exactly what a gaurdian is all about no?

In another thread I posted something like this, and I think it's fairly relavent now, "Hope is everything. Strip away somone's hope and what is left?"

What am I referring to? I'm referring to when pinks were acheivable without elixars, when every new twink had potential leaderboard material, when top level was something not so highly sought after, when campaigns were about having fun and making friends, not grinding with the other guys taking all nighters... Also when forumers posted guides in hopes that they could help someone other than themself (not pointing fingers at all, just saying)

As hope is removed in game, people leave the game and come here to complain (I know I did :\ guilty...)

It is my firm belief that until Sts wakes up and starts adding hope to this game, (reinabling xp lock kills and level 1 twinking as well as maybe adding new lower level maps and new pink gear for lower levels, people will continue to leave the game and move on to xbox, ps3, or maybe O&C. I know I myself am nearing this point.

Btw I realize this thread is about gaurdians, however I just thought this was relavent to much of the discussion that has taken place.

~MM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

even with my limited awareness of the forum these days, I have to agree that there do seem to be a few candidates to pick from.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    It seems as if the beautiful flower, sts and PL/SL has deteriorated alot over time. That's not to say it can't be saved. And that's exactly what a gaurdian is all about no?

In another thread I posted something like this, and I think it's fairly relavent now, "Hope is everything. Strip away somone's hope and what is left?"

What am I referring to? I'm referring to when pinks were acheivable without elixars, when every new twink had potential leaderboard material, when top level was something not so highly sought after, when campaigns were about having fun and making friends, not grinding with the other guys taking all nighters... Also when forumers posted guides in hopes that they could help someone other than themself (not pointing fingers at all, just saying)

As hope is removed in game, people leave the game and come here to complain (I know I did :\ guilty...)

It is my firm belief that until Sts wakes up and starts adding hope to this game, (reinabling xp lock kills and level 1 twinking as well as maybe adding new lower level maps and new pink gear for lower levels, people will continue to leave the game and move on to xbox, ps3, or maybe O&C. I know I myself am nearing this point.

Btw I realize this thread is about gaurdians, however I just thought this was relavent to much of the discussion that has taken place.

~MM
    We wish that's what it was about. Honestly, we have no power nor any say with STS, so we really can't do anything about it. Guardianship was only a reward for doing things worthy of a exclusive shield and a forums title, nothing much else. They said they locked the xp kills and level one twinking because it was 'unfair', which is rubbish to me...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

I'm sorry Parth, but weren't you one of the people that wanted the guardian program removed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I can tell that Apollo wants to Be one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by largecommand View Post
    He already is one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    I'm sorry Parth, but weren't you one of the people that wanted the guardian program removed?
    Yes, I'm one of the ones that would love to see it removed, but while it's up, I don't see why people like WhoisThis, Gluttony, MoogerFooger and a few others don't get nominated while it's still here. I mean, they've gone above and beyond when it comes to helping and making a contribution to the community. That's kinda why I made this thread.

I'm still firm on my own belief that it should be removed, but what about those who deserve it while it's still around? Also, we have to consider the likelihood of it being removed, which is rather slim. So, as nature says, you need to work with what you got.

My reasons for wanting it removed:

When the wrong people get chosen, they get carried away with the role.
    People change once they get chosen for GoA.
    People want to help out for the shield.

But, if there are candidates, IMO, who actually are worthy of the role genuinely and shown that they will likely remain the same, aren't those people the ones we want to help better the program?

That's what the underlying meaning of this thread was. Should have went more in depth, as it was unclear why I was concerned about the recent inactivity of the GoA selection process.

Cheers,

~ Parth.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thepredatorj

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by largecommand View Post
    Yeah Apollo must be jealous of me! XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Yes, I'm one of the ones that would love to see it removed, but while it's up, I don't see why people like WhoisThis, Gluttony, MoogerFooger and a few others don't get nominated while it's still here. I mean, they've gone above and beyond when it comes to helping and making a contribution to the community. That's kinda why I made this thread.

I'm still firm on my own belief that it should be removed, but what about those who deserve it while it's still around? Also, we have to consider the likelihood of it being removed, which is rather slim. So, as nature says, you need to work with what you got.

My reasons for wanting it removed:

When the wrong people get chosen, they get carried away with the role.
    People change once they get chosen for GoA.
    People want to help out for the shield.

But, if there are candidates, IMO, who actually are worthy of the role genuinely and shown that they will likely remain the same, aren't those people the ones we want to help better the program?

That's what the underlying meaning of this thread was. Should have went more in depth, as it was unclear why I was concerned about the recent inactivity of the GoA selection process.

Cheers,

~ Parth.
    Now this thread makes sense lol. Your nominations are on point as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Now this thread makes sense lol. Your nominations are on point as well.
    Yeah, the main reason I wasn't so detailed in my original thread was because I wanted to keep biased out and see others opinions.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Not starting a war just pointing something out so dont kill me please. I havent really seen MoogerFooger helping. Maybe im wrong? Please correct me if im wrong. Idk. Maybe I just dont see him helping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Not starting a war just pointing something out so dont kill me please. I havent really seen MoogerFooger helping. Maybe im wrong? Please correct me if im wrong. Idk. Maybe I just dont see him helping
    I don't see Moog's help as spoon-fed as other's like guides, but more through this perspective, opinion, and manner of conveying them - all of which add up to him having one of the most constructive and well-rounded feedbacks in the forums. I find his posts of high regard and one of those that I don't hesitate reading regardless of length.

That's how I perceive him. No bromance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:495169
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    But the main point of this post is to remind people, the GoA award is simply just a thank you from STS. Nothing more.
    This.

Too many people have come to conclusion that GOA are some type of elite, gotta-be-in type of club and they idolize the GOA. They're simply regular players that have received a thanks from STS for their hard work.
    With all due respect, this is incorrect. The GoA program is more than just thanks and a shield. It has four stated objectives. Read the early posts when the GoA program was announced. I am commuting right now so I cant find the post but I will latter).

Just like the AoA program, STS is asking GoAs to actually help out.

There is nothing wrong with the program. It is just that some seemed to have forgotten the real reasons the GoA Program exists.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    With all due respect, this is incorrect. The GoA program is more than just thanks and a shield. It has four stated objectives. Read the early posts when the GoA program was announced. I am commuting right now so I cant find the post but I will latter).

There is nothing wrong with the program. It is just that some seemed to have forgotten the real reasons the GoA Program exists.
    Here's the "requirements":

How do I become a Guardian of Alterra? Guardians are selected by the staff of Spacetime Studios and have generally contributed to the play community in some or all of the following ways:

• Providing useful and constructive feedback to both players and Spacetime Studios developers.

• Helping to keep the game forums clean and friendly by reporting inappropriate posts and attempting to diffuse arguments or flame wars.

• Fostering community development through player run events, good will, etc.

• Being visible, helpful, and constructive.

In no way shape or form does it say it's *required* for them to help out after they get the commendation, it's merely a thanks, saying 'based on our four requirements above, we at STS feel that you have gone above and beyond the regular duties as a player and we'd like to congratulate you for it' (my words, not STS).

If just those four objectives were the determining factor between being a GOA or not, then there'd be dozens or even hundreds more of them running around.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Well since everyone seems to be throwing names out there I would like to mention that Drewcapu has been nothing but helpful especially in chat. Always helping out other players!

So that would be my recommendation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post

I think it might be my post #31 you're be referring to and I think it might actually be you who has slightly misunderstood the GoA programme. I can't see anywhere where 'STS is asking GoA's to actually help out'. Maybe I've missed that, and if I have then many apologies, but could you direct me to that post on the forums. I'm afraid I agree with Necro on this one, as I too understand it's just a thanks, and expectation have been blown a little out of proportion.

The original STS thread is; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...mmunity-Shield!

One thing this does highlight though is that there is a real difference, across the community, on what a GoA actually is and should be doing. Maybe an official reiteration of the aims & objectives of the programme might be useful from STS at some point or when they get round to announcing the next ones.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    I think it might be my post #31 you're be referring to and I think it might actually be you who has slightly misunderstood the GoA programme. I can't see anywhere where 'STS is asking GoA's to actually help out'. Maybe I've missed that, and if I have then many apologies, but could you direct me to that post on the forums. I'm afraid I agree with Necro on this one, as I too understand it's just a thanks, and expectation have been blown a little out of proportion.

The original STS thread is; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...mmunity-Shield!

One thing this does highlight though is that there is a real difference, across the community, on what a GoA actually is and should be doing. Maybe an official reiteration of the aims & objectives of the programme might be useful from STS at some point or when they get round to announcing the next ones.
    Agree entirely. The way I understand GoA is a reward for past behavior/involvement and not for future expectations? Of course the title could be removed at any time by STS but I do not think the reward's "idea" is to force players into acting a certain way...

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Moog has helped me in more ways than I can count. Help does not always have to come in game mechanics or giving of gold/items but through encouragement and jokes to relieve stress. He has always been straight forward and like Elly said, has very indirect ways of being helpful without the "glamour."
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr