Thread: Its time we Balance | Evolution of weapons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Lightbulb Its time we Balance | Evolution of weapons

The motive of this thread is to shed some light on the class imbalance on the basses of facts. There are three major things that affects the class stats: the most important one are the weapons, followed by armors and helms.

This thread is going to be about weapons. For this demonstration I have chosen Mythic rarity, the weapons used are: Aegis for Warriors, Staffs for Mage and Daggers for Rogues. Why Mythic? Well as per my research they fit perfectly between Legendary and Arcanes. The main and secondary stats are always kept same for all Mythic weapons around all classes, with DPS and Armor as variables. If you like you can perform the same tests on Legendary and Arcanes of the same level range, and you will certainly get almost same results.

My motive is to show that these variables are not balanced correctly, but understand that when I say "balance" I do not mean that they are suppose to be of equal value, what I mean is that there should be a baseline for every class and the increments should be of equal proportions.

Now that you understand the nature of this thread, lets move to the analytics.

Damage & Armor Comparison:
    Level 36:
    Damage: Warrior = 115, Mage = 158, Rogue = 170. [Baseline]
    Armor: Warrior = 117, Mage = 41, Rogue 0. [Baseline]

Level 46:
    Damage: Warrior = 117, Mage = 200, Rogue = 215. [Differential: Warrior = 2, Mage = 42, Rogue = 45]
    Armor: Warrior = 327, Mage = 48, Rogue 48. [Differential: Warrior = 210, Mage = 7, Rogue = 48]

Level 51:
    Damage: Warrior = 128, Mage = 257, Rogue = 299. [Differential: Warrior = 11, Mage = 57, Rogue = 84]
    Armor: Warrior = 55, Mage = 55, Rogue = 184. [Differential: Warrior = -272, Mage = 7, Rogue = 136]

Note: Level 57 was a major point for gears, everything got buffed almost 2x+ to match the content difficulty. And as per my research its the possible point in history where the imbalance sprouted.

Level 60:
    Damage: Warrior = 251, Mage = 466, Rogue = 653. [Differential: Warrior = 123, Mage = 209, Rogue = 354][Possible New Baseline]
    Armor: Warrior = 384, Mage = 0, Rogue = 302. [Differential: Warrior = 329, Mage = -55, Rogue = 118]

Level 66:
    Damage: Warrior = 301, Mage = 544, Rogue = 761. [Differential: Warrior = 50, Mage = 78, Rogue = 108]
    Armor: Warrior = 493, Mage = 73, Rogue = 402. [Differential: Warrior = 109, Mage = 73, Rogue = 100]

Level 71:
    Damage: Warrior = 394, Mage = 628, Rogue = 880. [Differential: Warrior = 93, Mage = 84, Rogue = 119]
    Armor: Warrior = 524, Mage = 104, Rogue = 427. [Differential: Warrior = 31, Mage = 31, Rogue = 25]

Now, looking at all those numbers at once might be a little overwhelming and confusing, so let me simplify it for you and compare the damage and armor difference one by one:

Damage:

Attachment 173535 Attachment 173536

As I mentioned before - Level 57 cap was a major turning point, you can see a good buff there, but does it continue to grow in proportion?
    Here is a graph that shows the damage gap between classes if the initial baseline (Pre Level 57) was taken:

Attachment 173537

The damage difference between Rogues and Mage would have been very less, a bit of tuning to parallel the damage difference between Mage and Rogue and a heavy buff for warriors to narrow down the gap a bit would have done the trick.

Lets see at the Post Level 57 baseline, the present damage gap and how it might look for next 3 level cap:

Attachment 173538

This seems wide, and now the damage gap is high between all classes. If you see the trend you will notice that the proportions are not parallel, its increasing exponentially.

Armor:

Attachment 173539 Attachment 173540

Oh boy! now you know why Mages are blue .
    I am not even going to use the Pre Level 57 data on this, I mean for obvious reasons.

Attachment 173541

Post Level 57 baseline does show some promising parallels between Rogues and Warriors, but what happened to Mages?
    Also, I am not sure why they started Mages with 0, when they were at 55 on the previous bracket. I do take the shield skill (55% damage reduction for 15sec with a CD of 27sec) into consideration; and I am not asking the armor to be way up there, but I think armor for Mage should get similar justice that Warriors got for damage post level 57 considering they are Tanks.

In conclusion I personally think that its time we have a new baseline, new proportions that will reduce the gap between classes and ensure a parallel growth in future.
    I feel the damage gap between Rogue and Mage should go down to 100, Mage and Warrior to 200, which makes Warrior and Rogue 300.
    Similarly, the armor gap between Warrior and Rogue to be 100, Rogue and Mage to be 250, which makes Warrior and Mage to be 350.
    But then that's just my point of view, what do you guys think?
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post: