Thread: Etreme Crate Opening 8500 plats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yeh View Post
    ...... so the chances are increased exponentially.. wish I knew this before -.-
    I wouldn't say that your chances of looting an arcane item have increased. To my knowledge, there is already a set probability of looting items in each rarity (heroic/arcane, mythic/set). After the roll of what rarity your looted item will be, another roll takes place deciding what item of that rarity you receive. So if what Darkrai had said is true, you would be looting more of other epic rarity items, since there is a smaller pool of items in that category. Another reason why people open locks on lower leveled characters is to sell the decent legendary gear at a higher price. The majority of people will be opening at 71, so 71 crate gear will be plentiful and thus cheaper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I wouldn't say that your chances of looting an arcane item have increased. To my knowledge, there is already a set probability of looting items in each rarity (heroic/arcane, mythic/set). After the roll of what rarity your looted item will be, another roll takes place deciding what item of that rarity you receive. So if what Darkrai had said is true, you would be looting more of other epic rarity items, since there is a smaller pool of items in that category. Another reason why people open locks on lower leveled characters is to sell the decent legendary gear at a higher price. The majority of people will be opening at 71, so 71 crate gear will be plentiful and thus cheaper.
    I tested it and i saw way more legendary drops, elixers etc. Still it is sneaky to give level 71 characters epic gear drops while low level toons don't have any epic gear drops