Thread: Twinks: A GUIDE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Default Twinks: A GUIDE

Hi guys, found some spare time so mite as well make a guide on my favorite part of the game
    This is for SL PVP twinks by the way!

Okay for all you newby newbs out there twinking is a low level character, with the best gear for his level. The characters are usually locked at a certain level to make sure it is a fair fight against another person.
    Twinks in SL are mainly gonna be for PvP or scaled farming. This guide is for PvP twinks!

XP!!

1. Make a new character, and start grinding straight away. My favorite character at the moment would be the commando because of the great dmg, armor and dodge. Ive also seen many ops with plat Rogue sets for level 15, and their stats are pretty beastly, so that seems to be the best for Operative twinks

I would suggest keep remaking at dynaster lvl 1 because of easy enemies and quick run time.
    Also the xp is less than one for lvls 6-8, so kill boosting is great there.

2. Once you hit lvl 5, I recommend getting a premium character, as this will really really help you in the future.

3. A good twink will try to have as high kills as possible, and zero deaths. When PvP comes, these stats will be great for creating an image of yourself.

3. The best levels to lock at IMO are lvl10, 15, 10, 25, 26, 35, 36, and soon to be 41!!
    But my speciality are low levels, because of the lesser need for plat

Gear!!

The best gear for lvls 1-10 are definitely premium, but if you need some extra dodge go for the lvl 10 Ironite set, the armor and dodge will keep you alive for a very long time in PvE and hopefully PvP

In AH, you have probably seen the twink items, here are a list of them that i reccomend buying:

1, LVL5 Juicy Kablooie, good for LVL5s with premium set

2. LVL 9 Boarding Gun, good for lvls 9-12 because of the truly awesome damage

3. The Feakoid Chest, the armor really outclasses all non-plat gear until about lvl 10.

Skills!!

1. When in PvE, try and find the most comfortable combo to hit enemies with, for example, my best is Singularity+neutron stomp, clicked togther, so it gives a knockback, and hopefully a kill.

2.Remember, everyones combo may be different, and we still dont really know if these things will really help us out in PvP

Tips!!

1. The quality of the player depends on how well he knows how to use his skills, weapons and different gear.

2. For commandos, try not to waste all your mana in one go, I use my combo once i have 8+ enemies around me.

3. Commando skill builds should be:

1 Graviton Slam (slowdown+good dmg)

3 Neutron Stomp (great for combo with Singularity

5 Singularity (great damage and knockback for attacker to recover)

3. In terms of attribute points, I urge you to put the points on the natural area (op is dex, comm is str, eng is int). Also if possible, get a ring to boost these stats further.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND/OR THANK IF IT HELPED.

THIS FEELS QUITE EMPTY AT THE MOMENT SO PLEASE FELL FREE TO GIVE SUGGESTIONS SO I CAN MAKE THIS A REAL GUIDE

Id love to thank Bod and Kahlua for some of the info here
    Last edited by ninjaduck; 12-01-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

good one, but what is all of this for? some of us SL guys dont know how PVP works in PL, or what level twinks you need PVP for... is this only for PVP?
    have a bunch of twinks on these lines though, dont even know why lol, maybe for farming low level items, and the AH slots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant:498035
    good one, but what is all of this for? some of us SL guys dont know how PVP works in PL, or what level twinks you need PVP for... is this only for PVP?
    have a bunch of twinks on these lines though, dont even know why lol, maybe for farming low level items, and the AH slots
    Thanks alot! Appreciate it!

Updated

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Think can be used for a variety of things (Your choice) , though it seems this guide is more headed for the PvP side of Twinking in general. As the rumours say that PvP is coming this update.. I'll believe it when I see it

Twinking does not necessarily mean Low Level, there's High Level Cap Twinking too. (May want to re-word)

Good job so far as it's a work in progress but shows potential

People that have full Twinking char ready for PvP (Gear, Name, etc) , my suggestion would he to make another char and use them to test PvP out when it's released like a 'Dummy' char. As the PvP stats will be crucial to a serious Twinking, and just like K/D Twinks the stats can change in the matter of moments.

When you're content with the basics of PvP, Surroundings, Gear, Lvl, 3v3/5v5 (group) Skills, Stats attributes (If PvP receive totally new builds from PvE) , then I would suggest switching back to your 'Main Twink' with all the knowledge gained to get you into the flow of things.

Remember PvP has been rumoured to have a total different feel compared to that of PL to make it a fair game, so there will be many players that have no clue how this works and bait to the slaughter. You may receive a notification to join a PvP arena, make sure that you know the player inviting you and understand why you are being invited, as in PL players invite to kill boost as soon as you spawn your a gonner and that's exactly what they intended.

Another form of PvP is CTF (Capture The Flag) this should run alot smoother in SL because of the genre (most shooting games have this feature).

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:498109
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Think can be used for a variety of things (Your choice) , though it seems this guide is more headed for the PvP side of Twinking in general. As the rumours say that PvP is coming this update.. I'll believe it when I see it

Twinking does not necessarily mean Low Level, there's High Level Cap Twinking too. (May want to re-word)

Good job so far as it's a work in progress but shows potential

People that have full Twinking char ready for PvP (Gear, Name, etc) , my suggestion would he to make another char and use them to test PvP out when it's released like a 'Dummy' char. As the PvP stats will be crucial to a serious Twinking, and just like K/D Twinks the stats can change in the matter of moments.

When you're content with the basics of PvP, Surroundings, Gear, Lvl, 3v3/5v5 (group) Skills, Stats attributes (If PvP receive totally new builds from PvE) , then I would suggest switching back to your 'Main Twink' with all the knowledge gained to get you into the flow of things.

Remember PvP has been rumoured to have a total different feel compared to that of PL to make it a fair game, so there will be many players that have no clue how this works and bait to the slaughter. You may receive a notification to join a PvP arena, make sure that you know the player inviting you and understand why you are being invited, as in PL players invite to kill boost as soon as you spawn your a gonner and that's exactly what they intended.

Another form of PvP is CTF (Capture The Flag) this should run alot smoother in SL because of the genre (most shooting games have this feature).

Thanks alot Bod! I too have a dummy twink which i just try and do the PvP basics with, then i swap to my good guy.

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    Thanks alot Bod! I too have a dummy twink which i just try and do the PvP basics with, then i swap to my good guy.
    Hehe, np, like I said before I havent started one yet, but I might do so when I feel like a change of scenery

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o