Thread: A kindly suggestiont to STS for 2019 :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Default A kindly suggestiont to STS for 2019 :)

Sts I just wanted to say that Arcane Legends is an amazing game and that I really appreciate the amount of work and effort that you put into the game and understand that there must be to some degree a sense of recolor. While Recoloring in small quantities is understandable and often accepted by the community, every single major event along with its leaderboard rewards recolored is a little bit difficult to swallow in my humble opinion and hope this will change for next year. Thanks Sts, and I wish a happy new year to Arcane Legends and all of its amazing community.

I will just give a few examples to show the extent of this recolor:

Goblin

2016 Korruption
    2017 Toxy
    2018 Venim

Ursoth

2016 Heroic Tyrannica
    2017 Wylenor
    2018 Heroic Wylenor

Same Leaderboard banenr between 2017 and 2018

Halloween

2016 Fenris and Accalia
    2017 Heroic Fenris and Heroic Accalia
    2018 Quentin and Bejan

Winter

2016 Comet
    2017 Rudolph
    2018 Heroic Rudolph

Same Leaderboard Banner between 2017 and 2018

This is only the tip of the Ice Berg and I havnt even thouched on the vanities or items outside of the event! I think three years of recolor is a bit much and hope you guys scrap some amazing things for us that are new and original for us to play with! Thanks STS!
    Last edited by Spheresome; 01-01-2019 at 11:14 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Hmm, what if players were given the options to create the new vanity for events. Then have a poll and the one with the highest votes gets the item for free in their inventory plus that item is used in events on leaderboard or rare drops in chests.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Hmm, what if players were given the options to create the new vanity for events. Then have a poll and the one with the highest votes gets the item for free in their inventory plus that item is used in events on leaderboard or rare drops in chests.
    They did that for goblin event and I thought it was a nice idea idk why they stopped tho rip

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post

I will just give a few examples to show the extent of this recolor:

Goblin

2016 Korruption
    2017 Toxy
    2018 Venim

Ursoth

2016 Heroic Tyrannica
    2017 Wylenor
    2018 Heroic Wylenor

Same Leaderboard banenr between 2017 and 2018

Halloween

2016 Fenris and Accalia
    2017 Heroic Fenris and Heroic Accalia
    2018 Quentin and Bejan

Winter

2016 Comet
    2017 Rudolph
    2018 Heroic Rudolph
    These pets had minor differences between them (looks and features). These differences may seem minor to our eyes but they required artwork too. Even to change a straight line into a simple curve on a pixel map requires effort. It is not like its not work, less work than a brand new design but still work.

It is easy for us to call it RECOLOR. Now let us look at it from another perspective. Keeping in mind the features of the pets and differences between them, lets say Toxy and Venim for example, do you think you would enjoy Venim more than Toxy if Venim's features came in a potato-sack or a gold-encrusted shiny elephant? Accalia and Heroic Accalia, for example, their features differ only slightly from each other. As a player or buyer how deeply are you affected by the looks of the pet?

If sts put a lot of resources into the looks of a new pet, would we buy it just because it looks like that and for how long would we even use a pet we bought just for the looks. If malison is a purple dragon and heroic malison was a gorgeous minotaur, would we care?

And they still do come with brand-new original stuff now and then, it may not be possible every single time.

Guess sts is just putting the resources they have into keeping the game alive and still fun after so many years- if it was not fun anymore, we would not have people knowing about what pet came out during which even how many years ago.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 01-02-2019 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    These pets had minor differences between them (looks and features). These differences may seem minor to our eyes but they required artwork too. Even to change a straight line into a simple curve on a pixel map requires effort. It is not like its not work, less work than a brand new design but still work.

It is easy for us to call it RECOLOR. Now let us look at it from another perspective. Keeping in mind the features of the pets and differences between them, lets say Toxy and Venim for example, do you think you would enjoy Venim more than Toxy if Venim's features came in a potato-sack or a gold-encrusted shiny elephant? Accalia and Heroic Accalia, for example, their features differ only slightly from each other. As a player or buyer how deeply are you affected by the looks of the pet?

If sts put a lot of resources into the looks of a new pet, would we buy it just because it looks like that and for how long would we even use a pet we bought just for the looks. If malison is a purple dragon and heroic malison was a gorgeous minotaur, would we care?

And they still do come with brand-new original stuff now and then, it may not be possible every single time.

Guess sts is just putting the resources they have into keeping the game alive and still fun after so many years- if it was not fun anymore, we would not have people knowing about what pet came out during which even how many years ago.
    Im just trying to say that after 3 years, i think something new should be introduced, and that from a programming perspective (idk what software STS uses) it would take me maybe 2-3 hours to recolor something at most (some softwares you can literally recolor in seconds). However I also know that creating something original that is new requires much more time and can take upwards of monthes for a team to create something like that. However, with that said I think sts has had sufficient time to do something aside from recolor :/. Additionally, I know that STS is capable of creating new and engaging content, look at the tindrin and shuyal expansion for instance, they were in my opinon amazing packed with new and engaging stuff. Also during 2013 and 2014 each event had a new pet and new leaderboard rewards that were unique in there own way, such as the lava lamp banner.
    Last edited by Spheresome; 01-02-2019 at 12:17 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Im just trying to say that after 3 years, i think something new should be introduced, and that from a programming perspective (idk what software STS uses) it would take me maybe 2-3 hours to recolor something at most (some softwares you can literally recolor in seconds). However I also know that creating something original that is new requires much more time and can take upwards of monthes for a team to create something like that. However, with that said I think sts has had sufficient time to do something aside from recolor :/. This is just my opinion.
    Your opinion is respected and I just gave an alternative viewpoint.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Your opinion is respected and I just gave an alternative viewpoint.
    Thanks. I respect your alternative viewpoint also

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yeah fully agree, Im getting really bored of seeing recolored things. ESPECIALLY pets. Id be happy if they got rid of heroic rarity altogether More rarities = more plat buys = more profit and its annoying, id rather sink my money into a company that keeps putting out new designs and new items but its just recolored and reskinned and renamed everything now. The ancient spirit weaps are exactly like the new arc weaps except for very minor details and its really triggering because I love AL and I want NEW content, not items that are almost perfect replicas of past ones. Also triggers me that these new arc weaps and ancient spirit weapons are so damn pixelated. Why are they so pixelated? Just feels like laziness on their part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

They did that for goblin event and I thought it was a nice idea idk why they stopped tho rip

They may have put that idea on the "back burner" due to the submissions being predominantly "sub par"..... Lol.........

I know "mines" sucked....... Lol...........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Cant stress this enough
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

You forgot to mention that halloween banner is the same for 4 years now, and that the epic and rare helmets and armors you get from the events, for the last 2 years, look the same as mausoleum items, with only their names changed.