Welcome to the wonderful world of anime!

I have watched all of Naruto and up to around episode 150, or so of Naruto Shippuden. That show is great fun, but sometimes lacks in substance/forward momentum. I'll save the rest of my thoughts about it for a post in the Naruto thread someday...

I just couldn't get into the DB/DBZ scene. Honestly, I never could tell what all the fuss was about...

Had a hard time getting past the first couple episodes of Death Note. Does it get better? I think that show holds some promise. Maybe I'm just holding out hope that my wife will watch it with me.

Here's my short list of must see anime:

Movies:
If you haven't already seen them, you must pay tribute to a couple titles that, in my opinion, have made anime what it is today; Akira, Ninja Scroll, and Ghost in the Shell (the original, not the sequels/spin-offs). I'm sure other people would put other titles on that list, but I consider those the Godfather titles of Anime.

TV Shows:
Some of my recent favorites; Durarara, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo (see my sig!), Neon Genesis Evangelion, Baccano. That's all I can think of atm...

Enjoy! Let us know if you come across something we must see.