Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I miss our vanitys :'(

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default I miss our vanitys :'(

Ok first of all, I hate starting a thread bcus my english isnt good enuff, but ill try.

We need to be able to wear our original vanitys without losing our elite vanity stats! Nowadays everyone looks the same, especially in pvp.
    I got almost every vanity there is, but ofc i dont wear them in pvp or even in pve..

Well thats it, what do u guys think?
    How fun is it when everyone looks the same.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to brodiniozo For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I have big luck in PL so I never get to wear a different vanity helm, but you gotta weigh the fact that you are getting a bonus vs people who can not get that bonus.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

I think it's a sacrificial thing.. You either look cool with decent normal stats, or you look ok and like everyone else, but you have sweet stats

I can see were your coming from tho. It can get a little boring seeing the same vanity items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I have big luck in PL so I never get to wear a different vanity helm, but you gotta weigh the fact that you are getting a bonus vs people who can not get that bonus.
    I think that is brod's point. When you have the elite vanities, of course you want to use them. And because of that there is low customaizability, because all the vanty helms/armors/shields become obsolete and everyone who has it is wearing the same. I know tons of birds who look exactly like me (since the faces are the only thing thar may differ).

I admit that I don't like this loss of individuality, and it would be awesome if it would be changed.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    I think that is brod's point. When you have the elite vanities, of course you want to use them. And because of that there is low customaizability, because all the vanty helms/armors/shields become obsolete and everyone who has it is wearing the same. I know tons of birds who look exactly like me (since the faces are the only thing thar may differ).

I admit that I don't like this loss of individuality, and it would be awesome if it would be changed.
    Individuality! Thats the word im looking for!

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Good point and thanks for posting it Brodiniozo. It's a downfall of the elite vanities with stats - everyone is sporting that look and don't have a way to show off any other without sacrificing stats.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Agree, this extends to other vanity stuff too, right? CoP + SH + Armor vanity, the only difference would be our faces and weapons. Lol.

I would go so far as to asking for another tier of gear just for the elite gear - something that the vanity would cover up

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

So we would like vanity items to cover up our vanity items.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    As funny as it sounds, yeah. Lol.

Unless the whole concept of the elite stuff is changed, it'd only replace the older vanity items IMO.

This way, if you want to have the elite look, remove all vanities. For a more personal look, put on vanities.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Hmmmm... very very eeeenteresting! Plat vanities cover persistant vanities... I think I like it.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I wouldn't like it at all.

Seems to me everyone wants their cake and to eat it too.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flippys View Post

I have not seen anyone make any demanding statements or approach the realm of begging. Simple suggestion thread.
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 11-30-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Actually, people want two cakes, and to be able to eat both. I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Actually, people want two cakes, and to be able to eat both. I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    I think it's a sacrificial thing.. You either look cool with decent normal stats, or you look ok and like everyone else, but you have sweet stats
    It is a choice that you are making. I choose not to wear my ugly elite vanity for my pretty vanities. So by allowing everyone to have and eat both cakes is a slap in the face to those that DO choose to sacrifice the stats to be vain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

There could be a function that searches your inventory(not the stash, but the items you're carrying currently) for the elite items and if you have the correct combination for a bonus then you get the stat boost and the sparklies

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

It is a choice that you are making. I choose not to wear my ugly elite vanity for my pretty vanities. So by allowing everyone to have and eat both cakes is a slap in the face to those that DO choose to sacrifice the stats to be vain.
    If I understand you correctly, this suggested system would benefit you the most? You'd get to be vain and get the stats as well - cake and eat it too. While those that dislike the uniformity of the elite vanity sets get to use other vanities to customize themselves - again, cake and eat it too. I can only seem to see a win-win, other than the added work or complexity to the devs for the system.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Btw, I think sts would make more money on vanitys if they change this..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brodiniozo View Post
    Btw, I think sts would make more money on vanitys if they change this..

I agree. One could actually bypass buying vanities entirely if they qualify for the elite vanities. If the trend continues, a vanity weapon would be the next elite vanity for the next campaign. Then everyone would really look identical other than the face paint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    If I understand you correctly, this suggested system would benefit you the most? You'd get to be vain and get the stats as well - cake and eat it too. While those that dislike the uniformity of the elite vanity sets get to use other vanities to customize themselves - again, cake and eat it too. I can only seem to see a win-win, other than the added work or complexity to the devs for the system.
    I do not see it this way. Right now I am hearing the complaint that everyone looks the same because they feel that they have to wear the elite vanities. I like this system now because I choose to look pretty and not wear the elite vanities. So therefore I standout.

Now with the system that is being suggested, it will then make me look like everyone else, because everyone else didn't want to lose their stats from the elite vanities and now all look like my pretty characters. Thus I become part of the woodwork again.

The OP asked what everyone thought, and this is what I think about it. I don't like it. I like choosing between looking pretty or looking like everyone else. The suggested system takes away that choice.

I saw someone suggest in another thread to have 3 helm spots. Really? How much cake do you want to eat? Wear 3 hats in real life and tell me you don't think that is ridiculous. Another thread wanted an extra armor spot so they can wear their bat wings and elite vanity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I do not see it this way. Right now I am hearing the complaint that everyone looks the same because they feel that they have to wear the elite vanities. I like this system now because I choose to look pretty and not wear the elite vanities. So therefore I standout.

Now with the system that is being suggested, it will then make me look like everyone else, because everyone else didn't want to lose their stats from the elite vanities and now all look like my pretty characters. Thus I become part of the woodwork again.

The OP asked what everyone thought, and this is what I think about it. I don't like it. I like choosing between looking pretty or looking like everyone else. The suggest system takes away that choice.

I saw someone suggest in another thread to have 3 helm spots. Really? How much cake do you want to eat? Wear 3 hats in real life and tell me you don't think that is ridiculous. Another thread wanted an extra armor spot so they can wear their bat wings and elite vanity.
    I see your point. It seems a bit premature to say though that you will look like everyone else again if the proposed system were to be implemented. I mean, you have all the helm vanities, face paint, a few different vanity/non-vanity shields, vanity armor, and so on, so I wouldn't exactly say that you can't stand out anymore.

Yeah, I agree that it sounds unrealistic; three helms at once. But this is in a game where we can carry 500 pieces of gear in a bag that doesn't even show. Lol.