Thread: Does rarer eq equal better eq?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Default Does rarer eq equal better eq?

Hello, all:

I have a quick question. I have some pink equipment and green equipment. I know that the pink equipment is rarer than the green equipment, but is it necessarily better? I ask this because some of my green equipment offers more attack damage than the pink equipment. Should I use equipment based on rarity?

Also, I have the following questions:

1. In your inventory, equipment is listed by order of rarity. How do I know which piece of equipment is best to use? As an example, one sword may have a higher attack value, but another sword offers additional stats, such as critical hit % and an increase in armor. Is there a way to know which sword is the best to use (or armor, shield, or helmet)?

2. Is there a way to compare two pieces of equipment to see which one is better? This feature is offered in a game such as Infinity Blade, and it is a lifesaver.

3. Also, is it possible to have all equipment rated in terms of value, as opposed to rarity?

Thanks for everyone's responses and assistance on this game. It is much appreciated. In other games, a new person is made to feel inferior. Glad to see this does not apply here.

I love the assistance during the game, as well. I understand everyone's point of view about trading for gold, but it's not just me. If I don't need a piece of equipment or can't use it, I'd rather just give it to someone else.

Lastly, I love the new leveling system. I'm up to level 48 now, and am experimenting in the sewers. Pretty good area. You can almost smell the stench through the iPad.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

In general, pinks are better than non-pinks of the same level. There are some cases where non-pinks can be useful. Balefort Sewers non-pinks are a great example of this.

1. Click on an item without equipping it and you'll see the stat changes it would make to your toon. It's useful to also check the damage done by one of your skills with various weapons equipped. Some weapons give higher skill damage compared to others. Depending on your class and playstyle you may prefer to have certain stats above others, ie crit for birds, armor for bears, regen for elves.

2. Click on an item without equipping it and you'll see the stat changes it would make to your toon.

3. You can check CS for what players think the value of particular items are
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Thanks so much.