Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: All Or Nothing STS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,192 Posts

With respect to advertising - if you're in favor of the idea - help me out with detailed answers to a couple of questions:

- What game(s) did you discover on the basis of advertising alone? Not supplemented by friends urging you to check out 'Game X;' but a game or games that you learned about from the company's advertising campaign?
    - Where did you see the advertisement for this game? In another game? On television? In a social media feed?
    - What was the advertisement content like? An in-app demo? A CGI movie? A 'you at level 1 -> you at level 100' banner ad?

Thanks in advance!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

/sarcasmon

Superbowl ad is the way to go!!

/sarcasmoff

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    With respect to advertising - if you're in favor of the idea - help me out with detailed answers to a couple of questions:

- What game(s) did you discover on the basis of advertising alone? Not supplemented by friends urging you to check out 'Game X;' but a game or games that you learned about from the company's advertising campaign?
    - Where did you see the advertisement for this game? In another game? On television? In a social media feed?
    - What was the advertisement content like? An in-app demo? A CGI movie? A 'you at level 1 -> you at level 100' banner ad?

Thanks in advance!
    I'd absolutely Love. To help you guys, so i'll answer from my experience. @Cinco

1.Back then When i was 13 y/o i used to occasionally play on a site known for it's quality "Flash" games (New Grounds), i was playing some random game and then some banner ad popped as i

paused. The advertisement was "Dead Frontier 3D" (A Zombie Survival MMO) and the trailer on the banner had some really exciting moments, the song was attractive and the

trailer had "Montages" of the highlighted features/sections of the game. Ever since I've stumbled across that game, it still has a place in my heart for the really fun Adrenalin

fueled moments, i sometimes check the games forums and on some occasions mess about in the Dead Frontier city.

2.Discovered Dead Frontier 3D on a site called "New Grounds" a site known for quality flash games, and saw Dead Frontier 3D on YouTube too from time to time. As an ad banner.

3.It was a game play demo showing off all mechanics of a variety of unique weapon choices and many types of monsters you can encounter as you develop your character.

And then had a CGI ending where some guy was searching an abandoned Grocery store for food and fired his gun on a zombie that latched on to his leg out of the blue, thus

attracting a herd of zombies to the grocery store and ends up being the meal for the zombies instead.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 01-28-2019 at 08:16 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A big part of advertisements for games right now are through Instagram believe it or not.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Killv For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killv View Post
    A big part of advertisements for games right now are through Instagram believe it or not.
    Well i didn't know that xd.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by xzLegendszx; 01-28-2019 at 03:38 PM.

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

I agree with the instagram advertising statement. 5 minutes of scrolling down my wall just now and I saw 2 different games advertised. I think the last 5 games I downloaded might have come from ads like these.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Thanks in advance!
    Thank you for asking these vital specific questions regarding advertising for the game.

On the PL Central discord server a dedicated channel has been created to give feedback regarding all this

https://discord.gg/rdY6KkT

We do hope this helps STS with the decisions when it comes to an advertising campaign for all STS games.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Thanks in advance!
    I see most gaming ads either on TV or in other apps. Honestly, I'd say about a third of all games I play (which is a lot, mobile, PC and console) were recommended by friends and the other two-thirds are either stumbled upon or through advertisement. You should run ads through Google, a lot of websites use them.

Might be a stretch but if you use a banner, you should hold a community contest for the design!

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Thanks in advance!
    As a college kid, I'd say the things that draw my attention to new games are:

1) Anything social media related (Facebook, Instagram mostly)

2) Seeing games in the appstore that fall into categories of 'Popular Games' or 'Best New Updates' on those main pages.

The advertisements through social media are usually these low-quality, money-hungry games -- and too often the designers will post an advertisement of gameplay from a different game to lure in new customers (i.e., lots of pokemon rip-offs). I would say for the average trained eye, it isn't too difficult to determine which are authentic and which are not. Obviously STS has always been honest and authentic (your game is unique in and of itself), so that wouldn't be an issue. I'm not sure how companies go about advertising their games on social media websites and how costly it can be. But if it's viable, there's definitely room for opportunity with a colorful advertisement that really pops. All it takes for me to check out a new game is the first 3-5 seconds of an ad.

Addressing the second point, I'm not sure if there's a way in which you can simultaneously launch a big update and have it come to the top of the app store under the category 'Huge Updates' or whatever.

I realize this is nothing you don't already know, so I apologize if this was totally inconvenient... but things to at least consider I suppose.

Edit: I do recall when I first downloaded PL years ago, all because I had searched 'MMORPG' in the app store. Definitely utilizing as many tags and keywords in the app description could help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Thanks in advance!
    Thank you Cinco for giving us players another opportunity to contribute with the growth of PL.

1. A game called Roblox
    2. Found on an advertisement on a website that I personally use for reading manga.
    3. It showed the creativity and imagination of the platform. Ultimately, the best answer I could give you is that the advertisement showed the current (at the time) potential that Roblox could reach.

I later found out that the platform would continue to grow with many many more new things constantly coming our way. There were live Twitch streamers promoted by Roblox and that got a couple thousand views. Although, pre-recorded videos were also shown quite often. I found this bothersome, so averted my attention and time away from their streams, since I didn't want to waste my time watching pre-recorded streams when it would feel much better to watch some things during the time they were active. Another fun part of watching their live streams was being able to join them in-game and say hi to myself and a couple hundred other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Thanks in advance!

Back when i started playing i originally found pocket legends through the ios AppStore's top free games list it was like 17 place, after some scrolling through screen shots of the game, i tried it out & played it for a few months then left & came back like 3 years later to find the game was whole new thing and pretty much kept playing it until everything els I was playing started to die around it, after that it was just pocket legends & OG at the time so my opinions became limited on what i was spending money on, back in this time plat was easy to come by though, wether that be through offers/deals or plat sales that felt worth it. Now with og gone pl in buy plat or get out mode i kinda got off mobile games for a while since all offer service's on pl to get plat are now scams or worse.

It just doesn't feel worth it to spend money or time on the game anymore, maybe its the emptiness of the community with so many people leaving, maybe its the greedy feel of how plat is so devalued now and hard to get if you don't buy it but so easy to waste in like an 1-2 hours of farming or just playing the game. What ever it is, its just not the game it once was that made you wanna spend 50-100$ on plat deals or hours on end of farming areas with friends or just alone. Maybe thats what pl needs is a community health/plat value update and not another worthless cap update that only people who power level there 3-4 accounts care about like the past three cap updates before haven't helped revive the game. What do i know though, sorry to rant whine at you though cinco, i know you try your best to listen to the community, maybe what the game really needs is an old sts touch from that old Ferrari engine though. Peace

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingzila For This Useful Post: