Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In Honor of 1 Year on the Android Platform - Pocket Legends Exp Changes Are Permanent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Nice
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Lol! This is first time I've seen this. Yesterday I was blasting through x4 elixirs with my mage to get as much exp as I could before it changed back haha
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

d=('-')=b

SWEET!!
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I appreciate this update very much!

I've never played an MMORPG that actually reduces the experience amount permanently. I'm sure this would make many people who wants to level up very pleased.

Thank you again for the consideration in reducing the experience range!
    Last edited by Chiuey; 12-01-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

O
    M
    G

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I am so amazed and so thrilled to see this!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It's hard for me to say anything, I am estatic. People can level up farming alts, get to cap, and just, well, just really be able to enjoy playing even more than before. This game was awesome before, it is amazingly awesome now. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I just can't stop thinking about how great this is, lol. The devs of this game are amazing. I wasn't expecting this. But, I am so glad. Like others I have been trying to get as many of my characters as high as possible. I am so grateful for this change. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

:::happy dance:::

Omg.... Thank you... Thank you... Thank you...
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

im glad this is forever. great job spacetime studios!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Good stuff!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExperimentNebulaCore View Post
    REally?? yes! i hae a chance to level all my guys! muahah
    Lol me too. I was hoping to get all 6 my guys to at least lvl 50 before they changed it back guess I don't have to sweat it and actually take my time
    Owner of the darkavenger franchise.

Check all my characters out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

So I just wanna get this straight?

1yr anniversary for apple and they get a helm

1yr anniversary for android and "everyone" gets loco xp

Idk..maybe its just me but I dont see this truly enhancing gameplay when u have to explain to a lvl 59 how to trade and personally I think id rather have the founders (or something similiar) helm. Anyways I guess if I wanted to lvl 12th toon this will save me some plat.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TANKKAAR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sweet and awesome <3
    xBravvlX Lvl65 Bird l xGuardianx Lvl30 PvP Pally l xVanillax Lvl27 Pvp Mage l
    xLolipopx Lvl32 WarBird l
    Guardians Of Destiny Guild Master

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post

THIS!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I'm sorry but I have to disagree on this. First, this is totally disregarding the "old" players who spent real-life time grinding and more plat spending just to hit both soft and hard caps. I don't care if the motive of this update is to attract newcomers but in whatever business decision, you should never compromise existing consumers for new ones who aren't even sure if they will stick around. It's basic business, easier to maintain customers, harder to acquire new ones. This move just put a big FU to all old players who are proven dedicated by doing the hard grind. I don't know why some oldies are agreeable to this, I'm not even an oldie but I just don't think it's fair for them. This is probably the first time I've heard of a permanent xp downgrade, and maybe a good reason why. Second, PL is grinding based MMO (think Guildwars if you want an MMO that's not based on grinding) what else does it have to offer aside from trying to be higher level? Quest? Not really? PVP? meeehh, at some point, the PVP in PL doesn't offer anything as dynamic as say, WOW, for people to keep PVPing for a long time except for a few, even old time MMO's have better PPV mechanic as PL such as Ragnarok Online...even old timers are now whining that PVP now is more "tamed" therefore less "exciting" than before...so these newcomers will be oldies quickly and eventually realize the same flaws of PVP quite quickly similar to what current oldies are feeling...this move is actually accelerating the inevitable death of an MMO where everyone is just high-tiered, if everyone is high-tired, nobody is special, everything is basically linear now...the PVP mechanic in PL is too raw to carry the entire game (That's what this is probably about trying to put people in PVP rooms more), it's fairly straightforward, it doesn't even have guild war systems yet which is almost always present in any MMO's...you're talking about three classes with few diversities...at this rate, people will actually look the same real quick which is not good if you're trying to call this game an RPG, people want to be different in level, in items, in everything...Third, what is the use of elixirs now? even without elixirs, the game will be easy as far as grinding...it's obvious that if you level up, you get stronger and gain access to better items..so the entire game will be too easy now since you get to level up fast and with the onset of scaled farming you expect prices to drop fairly quick as well unless it's craftable items but who needs crafted items in PVE? unless you're pvping? again, PVP can't carry the entire game in PL IMO. Eventually, people will just settle for uncrafted ones and just become bored. I think PL team is rushing the development of this MMO because of all the awards and everything but by rushing it, that includes its downfall. You guys want to get rid of PL and promote SL or DL? maybe yes, maybe not, but that is how i read it. Lastly, one of the things I enjoyed in grinding is making friends. Those countless hours of me and this guy grinding made us friends, but now that's unlikely to happen since you'll most likely be changing partymates here and there since grinding is easy no need to really take parties real serious now, expect less camaradery and more animosity. I can go on and on, but my point is, I disagree, that's my opinion and I'm no kiss butt I'll say it as how I think it is. Don't hate. Thanks.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 12-02-2011 at 01:02 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just one words THE BEST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I may actually come back and level my mage above 54 now. :P
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree on this. First, this is totally disregarding the "old" players who spent real-life time grinding and more plat spending just to hit both soft and hard caps. I don't care if the motive of this update is to attract newcomers but in whatever business decision, you should never compromise existing consumers for new ones who aren't even sure if they will stick around. It's basic business, easier to maintain customers, harder to acquire new ones. This move just put a big FU to all old players who are proven dedicated by doing the hard grind. I don't know why some oldies are agreeable to this, I'm not even an oldie but I just don't think it's fair for them. This is probably the first time I've heard of a permanent xp downgrade, and maybe a good reason why. Second, PL is grinding based MMO (think Guildwars if you want an MMO that's not based on grinding) what else does it have to offer aside from trying to be higher level? Quest? Not really? PVP? meeehh, at some point, the PVP in PL doesn't offer anything as dynamic as say, WOW, for people to keep PVPing for a long time except for a few, even old time MMO's have better PPV mechanic as PL such as Ragnarok Online...even old timers are now whining that PVP now is more "tamed" therefore less "exciting" than before...so these newcomers will be oldies quickly and eventually realize the same flaws of PVP quite quickly similar to what current oldies are feeling...this move is actually accelerating the inevitable death of an MMO where everyone is just high-tiered, if everyone is high-tired, nobody is special, everything is basically linear now...the PVP mechanic in PL is too raw to carry the entire game (That's what this is probably about trying to put people in PVP rooms more), it's fairly straightforward, it doesn't even have guild war systems yet which is almost always present in any MMO's...you're talking about three classes with few diversities...at this rate, people will actually look the same real quick which is not good if you're trying to call this game an RPG, people want to be different in level, in items, in everything...Third, what is the use of elixirs now? even without elixirs, the game will be easy as far as grinding...it's obvious that if you level up, you get stronger and gain access to better items..so the entire game will be too easy now since you get to level up fast and with the onset of scaled farming you expect prices to drop fairly quick as well unless it's craftable items but who needs crafted items in PVE? unless you're pvping? again, PVP can't carry the entire game in PL IMO. Eventually, people will just settle for uncrafted ones and just become bored. I think PL team is rushing the development of this MMO because of all the awards and everything but by rushing it, that includes its downfall. You guys want to get rid of PL and promote SL or DL? maybe yes, maybe not, but that is how i read it. Lastly, one of the things I enjoyed in grinding is making friends. Those countless hours of me and this guy grinding made us friends, but now that's unlikely to happen since you'll most likely be changing partymates here and there since grinding is easy no need to really take parties real serious now, expect less camaradery and more animosity. I can go on and on, but my point is, I disagree, that's my opinion and I'm no kiss a** I'll say it as how I think it is. Don't hate. Thanks.
    I sort of see what you're saying, but this game is not suppose to be a huge grind, and it's not suppose to be as serious as a game like WoW. It's suppose to be a quick play in spare time. This update to exp adds to that. I've played since last December, and I quit for a month because of how ... Boring I found the first dungeons. When I came back, I only played PvP. The grinding at end levels was becoming insane, it would take several hours to go up one level on a 4x elixir, unless you found a really good group. I've found that PvE gets worst and worst the more I play it, as I hate repetitiveness. Which is why I strayed from SL as well. I know plenty of PvE players who love grinding, like you, apparently, and they do all the quests and get the best possible gear. I don't see how this would end PL? I don't see anyone else very angry about this? I'm positive the people who used elixirs or just took the long road to the cap don't mind this very much. They grinded because they wanted to, not because they had to. Their reward is enjoying higher content earlier.

Sorry if I come off as flaming/trolling, it's not intended. I'm just in a hurry atm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post

Idk..maybe its just me but I dont see this truly enhancing gameplay when u have to explain to a lvl 59 how to trade and personally I think id rather have the founders (or something similiar) helm. Anyways I guess if I wanted to lvl 12th toon this will save me some plat.
    Totallly agree. I'm happy for chage to stay but I don't think think it shoulda been the celebration for andriod one year...I would lovesomething more exclusive like the founders but forandroid or something.
    Owner of the darkavenger franchise.

Check all my characters out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe:499387
    This move just put a big FU to all old players who are provenv dedicated by doing the hard grind.

This is probably the first time I've heard of a permanent xp downgrade, and maybe a good reason why.

Second, PL is grinding based MMO (think Guildwars if you want an MMO that's not based on grinding) what else does it have to offer aside from trying to be higher level?

it doesn't even have guild war systems yet which is almost always present in any MMO's.

I think PL team is rushing the development of this MMO because of all the awards and everything but by rushing it, that includes its downfall.

Lastly, one of the things I enjoyed in grinding is making friends. Those countless hours of me and this guy grinding made us friends, but now that's unlikely to happen since you'll most likely be changing partymates here and there since grinding is easy no need to really take parties real serious now, expect less camaradery and more animosity.

I disagree, that's my opinion and I'm no kiss a** I'll say it as how I think it is. Don't hate. Thanks.
    Hey zeusabe! I like the way you express your opinion. You make a lot of good points.

PL is not the first game to reduce the amount of xp to level up. There have been games with far, far greater reductions. Trust me: far greater reductions.

I totally understand what you mean about the great fun that can happen during long grinds - about the friends and comradarie.

But PL is a different game. It is dependent on mobile technology and on players who are living the mobile lifestyle. The vast majority of people are just not going to tolerate the long climb that we have played in the past. We still have friends and comradarie. That is not what has changed as much as the nature of the grind.

I played in statics in every game I have ever played until PL. Statics are groups where everyone makes a commitment to a certain time to play everyday. We leveled up together and ALL major/important quests together. Any quest that was important or mandatory for even just one in the static, we all did together. No one even had to ask. We knew what was coming up and all just automatically planned for it. When you play with the same people for 25 - 35 hours a week for nine months, you become the best of friends. I was playing so much a day that I was frequently in more than one static at a time. These were amazing games, people and times.

But these were console and/or pc games. And many people who played these games always played 4 or 5 hours a day at minimum. If you didn't play huge long hours you weren't considered a very good player. Which is ridic of course, but there is some meaning behind that idea. These games were so complicated, so many varibles it took a long time to get good.

Today's gamers to a large extent are different. People just dont have this kind of time. People just don't have this kind of patience. Many don't have previous mmo experience. This game is great, I mean fantastic on so many levels for so many reasons. And one of those reasons is it has tweaked the mmo experience just enough to be relevant to today's gamer, especially today's mobile gamer.

This change is important so that PL can stay relevant in the gaming world/marketplace. There is a lot of mobile games in the development pipeline that will be competition for PL.

Anyone who has played mmo's know that huge- MASSIVE huge-changes are made that just, well change what seems like everything. But we always get used to them. Then realize that it was for the good of the game.

I agree with you. I believe that PL needs additional content to hold onto and attract players. Not only the verticle thrust of quarterly level cap increases to the projected level 100, but I would like to see some horizontal growth. I like a lot if your ideas. I think if people stay positive and come up with good ideas and never let STS forget that we support them, we will see some fresh content that expands the game horizontally. And then there is end-game content that I'm really looking forward to. Once we all level 100, how we gonna spend our time? I bet STS has some fantastic plans for that.

It may be hard to get used to for some. But we will. And it will help the game in the long run. Have fun!
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 12-02-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Aikiebo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Love it zeus..
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts