View Poll Results: Who would win in a 1v1?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Commando

37 38.54%
  • Engineer

26 27.08%
  • Operative

33 34.38%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Who would win in a 1v1? Commando, Engineer or Operative?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:497685

That's why we got that lurch. Keep y'all away! Also, remember, we are wearing you down the entire time.
    Root vs beckon basically lol just SL version

Quote Originally Posted by Garvhoz:497691

Yeah you MIGHT be able to take on a noob comm,just kidding, but Javier he gots skills one of the "pros" and if you meet a pro comm all of yous people be dying faster than the weak cultists and thats a fact

Thanks man! I guess I do got skills in some ways xD

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:497725

I have both a commando and a operative. I also have a bear and archer on PL. I have to say that the Operative is probably going to win out.
    I have all three classes, and I still think ops are weak. My op is weak, so I quote him at lvl25. Imo engis are quickest with their gloves.

I have a bear on PL lvl60, I use it mostly for pvp. I died many times to figure out strategies to kill archers and mages. I can finally kill those warbirds. Since I'm lvl60 I can only pvp in a lvl55 made game or a lvl 60 made game. I choose to fight with the big boys. Today I killed a lvl65 str mage (pally?) I believe (maybe 66 idr), and won 2/3. I fought a lvl65 warbird, yesterday I think it was, and won.

Therefore I will use what I know about the classes, to well kill them in pvp.

I just can't wait, it's going to be fun.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I think commando would win because it is a great class with awesome gear!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

engi all the way!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

I've been thinking, and came to the conclusion that commandos will wreck. They have all ranged skill, unlike bears in pl. They have knockdowns. Crazy damage. Crazy armor and dodge. One knockdown and the rest of the skills will finish it off.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Now im having my doubts because I noticed that all devs are op I think and there must be a reason for but for now commando all the way

Shoes are shiniest when the day is dull
    Garvhoz- lv40 commando/lv16 warrior/lv? bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Most definatly the engineer. Why? Well beacuase engis have good dmg and decent armor with the advantage of protection with 60 armor and forceshield with an extra 300 armor and the h/s, m/s. Plus engis have both DoT and AoE moves and they can heal. And with the advantage of pain and supression you can easly wipe out a commando and squash an operative
    Last edited by ThisGuy0502; 12-01-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

if engineer uses the shield it bumps armor, maybe plat armor has a home here because of dodge....we will see
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I dont think class matters in pvp,it all depends on the player n his tactics
    Still i think commondo r best for pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Alright.... Im a lvl 36 engi and I tried pvp and im a little disappointed.. As engines we intended to heal a lot but i have noticed with empathy maxed at 6 we can only heal 21-23 hp.. Now that doesn't sound fair cause in pve we aleast heal 50-80 maybe even more. Plus our skills have been gratefully downgraded by meaning only doing 6-23 dmg, what's up with that.. I understand that we are going against players with more defense than pve enemies but there is really no point of using an engines in pvp if we can only heal 21-23 hp and attack like a lvl 5, all there really good for right now is to revive ppl that are dead. So plz can u tweak engineers a little bit so then can be better?
    Last edited by ThisGuy0502; 12-02-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Ive learned from expierience that Op's Rule i have a lvl 10 Twink Op and Havent died but 2x From rusher lvl 15+!
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Ohhhh yeah, baby. Commandos wreck.

(In actuality the classes seem pretty balanced... mostly)
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

It depends on the players... I am a commando and feel i have a distinct disadvantage unless i have an eng with me. My aoe attcks are good but to slow to cool down and they only do 40 point damage max... A good team will take out the support for commandos first then gang up on them. Played with an unreg acct.. everytime lost because the team is able to quickly kill the eng and or op then gang up on the commando.... May need to tweak commandos skill to have an equally damaging attack especially since we only have one combo attack that takes at least 10 seconds before we can use again... Just my thoughts but it seems the commando is an expendable class in pvp unless we have larger teams like 5 on 5 or greater.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    It depends on the players... I am a commando and feel i have a distinct disadvantage unless i have an eng with me. My aoe attcks are good but to slow to cool down and they only do 40 point damage max... A good team will take out the support for commandos first then gang up on them. Played with an unreg acct.. everytime lost because the team is able to quickly kill the eng and or op then gang up on the commando.... May need to tweak commandos skill to have an equally damaging attack especially since we only have one combo attack that takes at least 10 seconds before we can use again... Just my thoughts but it seems the commando is an expendable class in pvp unless we have larger teams like 5 on 5 or greater.
    Come are a force to be reckoned with. An all com team is beasty.

Its all strategy and skill though.
    Come are beast though lol i may make one just because they freaking pwn 1v1 pvp

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardon:499301
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    Come are a force to be reckoned with. An all com team is beasty.

Its all strategy and skill though.
    Come are beast though lol i may make one just because they freaking pwn 1v1 pvp

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Lol i should have also pointed out i found out i sck at pvp right now lol.. i even died right as i respawned before i could press an attck .. course it was 3 ppl attcking me at once.. so bam i went down even one time before i spawned all the way in... I noticed once i died i respawn with only 40 percent of my health so i die real easy when ppl are sitting on the spawn circle and skill attacking me right before i spawn all the way in. Have to figure out how to avoid this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Im a Com and Engs ownd me alot.

----
    Vote for Eng.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

in a one on one it depends on yur play style. If yur an OP r u gonna rush headlong a com? or r u gonna try to kite his skills and lurch him if he gets close? Are u gonna shoot and shoot at an engineer hoping he'll just drop dead or r u gonna play smart and attack him with everything you've got while his skills r in cool down? but in terms of easiest to use i'd say commando.
    Westlyford-Operative(Main)
    Killerade-Commando
    Creatanhealer- Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

I gotta stay true to my class and vote for engineers, with the right build and player they can take down a mando or op.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wish the armor system was more like the pocket legend system where it was based on your charter's int, str, and dex. I think strategy would play a bigger role in this scenario because it even out how someone equips their charater for battle and places emphasis more on the skills used.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What i saw all classes r ``almost`` same BUT

If we think `same` quality player i d use my vote for def Commando. Here s why

|Without any buff Commando already have more armor,hp,damage and DODGE which is insane !
    + With their buff their gettin x2 armor than ops... Yes ops has dodge buff but for 3-4 sec ? Smart commandos wont let ops use that..
    + Ops can make com down if lurch `always` work which is very rare cause of Commandos huge DODGE or chance of miss
    I can write lot of reason too..

|For my opinion.. For 1vs1 Engi is the weak one cause Ops can fight with Commando which Engi doesnt have that much armor and damage.. But For Group they r almost key for win..
    Cause a good engi can damage pretty good + they can heal group + they can rev team which makes great advantage

|About Ops.. I love my Op even weak armor and lot of disadvantage but with play style and right skills Ops can make things change..Big change..
    Deshraill | Lvl 41 Operative Deshx | Lvl 40Engineer
    ..Dream as if you'll live forever.
    Live as if you'll die tomorrow..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Maybe i am just noob with op but everytime i get in to a 1v1 i die i canot win a single one. However on my commando i can kill 3 people before dying. Just the way i play? I dont think so

Deathsminion lvl 37 operative and officer of DarkLegion.
    Tankinator lvl 40 commando officer of DarkLegion
    Bluekillsyou a pvp twink.