Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Still in Beta End Rushers Suggestions!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plmafiaboss View Post
    Taking away the ability to attack whoever whenever is WAY too limited and I'd never play an sts game if that happened. Rushers r just something u hVe to deal with. It makes pvp interesting. Standing around waiting for everyone to be ready would take away the excitement and pvp drama and a lot of people even those complaining now will get bored of pvp. Pvp was better before one vs one. It was just enter an arena and fight. It was a TEAM EFFORT TO WIN. And people weren't worried about their precious virtual stats
    Not exactly, if all come in game 3v3 then its a FFA until that ten count, hows that limited, seems just more of a fair way, PvP stats don't bother me one bit, its way to easy yo die your not going to see a 0 death massive amount of kills PvP'r as its Player v Player.

The other vs are going to be added at a later date that's not exactly going to change. All the players rushing to get a high kill count may get the LBs wiped after beta anyway, this is to test out and find where it can be improved. Not this is the end product so lets leave it how it is, as all Dev have been saying Beta is to check for bugs and how these can be better and more fair than STS PvP ever has.

If you read the other threads Thade explains he put this together with some spare time he had, mostly a cut a paste, though tweaking area's he found classes would have a massive advantage.

Can we have some positive feedback/suggestions of what could improve the game for the better, rather than people wanting it to stay in Beta mode and never evolving.

Quote Originally Posted by roufus View Post
    Awe someone likes my idea
    Hehe, yup

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Awe someone likes my idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plmafiaboss:499173
    Taking away the ability to attack whoever whenever is WAY too limited and I'd never play an sts game if that happened. Rushers r just something u hVe to deal with. It makes pvp interesting. Standing around waiting for everyone to be ready would take away the excitement and pvp drama and a lot of people even those complaining now will get bored of pvp

Not really, I play pvp to test my skills. Yes its fun to test your skills if your rushed, but if its a team rushing you or spawn rushing you not much skills you need to know you'll loose. Fair pvp is fun, in PL that's all I do, if some rushes (even on my team) I tell them to stop. If they don't I tell them to fight me fair. If they win I tell them they're good and they don't need to rush, but most tell me they're scared to go 1 on 1 because they think they'll loose. When my teammate rushes I tell him/her to stop, if they don't I a request a team change with the person being rushed. Once I'm on the other team I tell the rusher to go, I rarely loose this way bc the people they usually rush is someone lower lvl players.

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:499189

Can we have some positive feedback/suggestions of what could improve the game for the better, rather than people wanting it to stay in Beta mode and never evolving.

Yes this is why I made this thread in the beginning. Yet all we have is a discussion on rushers lol. Please like I said above if you want to discuss anything pm me about it and we can discuss it there. This thread is for suggestions please let us leave it this way
    Last edited by javier995; 12-02-2011 at 12:12 AM.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

In that whole paragraph there was no constructive feed back regarding the OP's post, so that would be called a flame/troll post. Ofc Jav has the right to control his thread, if you want to counter it then do so, but always have input on the thread subject to help in some way
    This made me LoL. I agree whole heartedly.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

IMO, the only way to really prevent rushing is through total separation of
    both teams. Basically:

1. Both teams start on separate ends.

2. Opposing teams cannot enter the other team's start point (much like the respawn point of CTF maps).

3. Respawn points are in your team's respective start point.

4. Just to be even safer, you get a 3 sec invulnerability buff when you respawn. Using any skill breaks this.

5. Once you leave spawn/start point, there's no going back unless you die.

6. A PvP match can only start with both teams being equal.

Sounds pretty strict to me. Next you'll have people come here saying that PvP is now too boring and slow because of all these changes.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

We know that PvP could be better if there was more structure to it. Like FPS games, with a lobby, match making, auto team balancing, etc. There is the desire to improve the game with such features in the future, along with rewards for PvP. But, at the moment we don't have those features ready to go, so until such time, it's PvP just like in PL.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We know that PvP could be better if there was more structure to it. Like FPS games, with a lobby, match making, auto team balancing, etc. There is the desire to improve the game with such features in the future, along with rewards for PvP. But, at the moment we don't have those features ready to go, so until such time, it's PvP just like in PL.
    I agree, PvP definitely has a lot of potential.

What keeps me loyal to the current PvP system (fights mainly) is its aspect of being very casual friendly. You can have a go at PvP as fast as you can have a go at PvE.

The only thing that I dislike about all the formality that the features like lobbying, match making, team balancing, etc, is the amount of time it takes. I know through experience that to set up a really good match-up through these features would take a lot more time compared to the quick PvP system now.

Now that STS games are breaking through the PC platform though, it may be very effective. For the mobile, I personally wouldn't find it as effective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:499543
    Nice! Hey Sam I started a thread with some awesome ideas in it. So please take a look soon!

5 killstreak! *waits for the harrier*

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post

5 killstreak! *waits for the harrier*
    Should probably get 2 more then
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

This thing from Starcraft Dota amazed me. When the teams are uneven, the other side is say 5% stronger, depending on what the ratio of players on each team are. Therefore, nobody will ever rush again of they will suffer the wrath of the 1 man team.

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

rushing is a strategy guys (not one i like nor use) but it is a strategy leave it alone theres no way to stop it untill sts changes something which is when they find a way around it. good for mentioning suggestions but it is a strategy and very hard to stop just boot them if they are rushing you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    rushing is a strategy guys (not one i like nor use) but it is a strategy leave it alone theres no way to stop it untill sts changes something which is when they find a way around it. good for mentioning suggestions but it is a strategy and very hard to stop just boot them if they are rushing you
    This kind of talk seems that you're not happy with it but think its okay to leave as it is. This is Beta!!! these suggestions are meant to help, so we all know about the 'strategy' but want ideas of how this can be countered.

Quite surprised at how many members just want to leave this as it is, this is the time (within beta) that we can get our idea's across or have our say, and some which the Dev see and agree with fully meaning possible to be implemented

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I have a suggestion, if it already has not been suggested.

Make two types of maps. One for FFA, One for 1v1.

I'm sure you can implement something into the coding that allows a player that is already being attacked unable to be attacked by another player. This would be implemented in the 1v1 map.

As for FFA, the current map should suffice, no?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

I'm sure you can implement something into the coding that allows a player that is already being attacked unable to be attacked by another player. This would be implemented in the 1v1 map.

Exactly, im sure when more groupings are released this issue will lessen with 1v1,3v3,5v5 or FFA, and 'rushing' should drop.

Simple idea's are sometimes the most effective. (and easier to implement )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:500659

1v1 has been mentioned. FFA has not. I think a CTF map would suffice to be the FFA map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    1v1 has been mentioned. FFA has not. I think a CTF map would suffice to be the FFA map.
    Nah lets keep PvP to PvP n CTF to CTF. Deserves a whole new discussion if we are taking CTF into consideration IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:500684

Nah lets keep PvP to PvP n CTF to CTF. Deserves a whole new discussion if we are taking CTF into consideration IMO.
    In PL CTF, many consider it FFA. So why not let CTF be the FFA map? I'll make another thread later about CTF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    In PL CTF, many consider it FFA. So why not let CTF be the FFA map? I'll make another thread later about CTF
    Really? Havent played it in PL

Thought a FFA was 1st to 10 kills, wouldnt CTF have another kind of counter meaning 1st 10 to get flag the opposite side. Or do players do this so they can just go on forever lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:500709

Really? Havent played it in PL

Thought a FFA was 1st to 10 kills, wouldnt CTF have another kind of counter meaning 1st 10 to get flag the opposite side. Or do players do this so they can just go on forever lol.

Lol some of us go into CTF to fight forever.
    Its pretty fun, but you can also play CTF for what its for lol.

First to capture the flag 5 times wins, kills don't matter. I saw the other day after a CTF match ended, that some people had over 100 kills in that one game lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Ugh.. all that comes to mind when I hear CTF is Warsong Gulch. If that's what we can expect then there better be a X/minute map time.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance