Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Feedback Thread for Purchasing High and Low level Dungeon Access

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weak_Sauce View Post
    There's an aspect I didn't even think of, yet another issue with new elixers.

And no Epic, no one has the right to call anyone a noob. The only people who call people by that name are the actual noobs.
    Uhh. I actually call a couple of people noob all the time. I happen to have a couple of friends on my friend list that have noob in their name, and I call them "Noob".

These elixirs open up a whole new world for endgame level players. STS is more than welcome to take away the kills, doesn't bother me at all. But I am extremely happy that I can now gain xp in another dungeon and don't have to spend hours grinding in the a couple of specific maps to gain xp. Come on, who really wants to spend 12 hours (that is what it took me to get to 66) in just one or two maps.

Another thing is cost, if someone does the math, it costs more to use a 4x elixir and elixir to run lower level maps than it takes to run Mt. Fang. I spent 48 plat for 7.5K xp in the Rusty Grate in Balefort Castle. I can do 10k an hour in Mt. Fang. Just saying.

I just don't understand why everyone is so tied up with the leaderboards. To me they do not show who is the better player, they just show who has more time to spend playing a game. Just sayin'
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    Uhh. I actually call a couple of people noob all the time. I happen to have a couple of friends on my friend list that have noob in their name, and I call them "Noob".

These elixirs open up a whole new world for endgame level players. STS is more than welcome to take away the kills, doesn't bother me at all. But I am extremely happy that I can now gain xp in another dungeon and don't have to spend hours grinding in the a couple of specific maps to gain xp. Come on, who really wants to spend 12 hours (that is what it took me to get to 66) in just one or two maps.

Another thing is cost, if someone does the math, it costs more to use a 4x elixir and elixir to run lower level maps than it takes to run Mt. Fang. I spent 48 plat for 7.5K xp in the Rusty Grate in Balefort Castle. I can do 10k an hour in Mt. Fang. Just saying.

I just don't understand why everyone is so tied up with the leaderboards. To me they do not show who is the better player, they just show who has more time to spend playing a game. Just sayin'
    This is true, Yyon, but the situation I'm looking at regarding Elixir+ 4x is reverse from yours. There are quite a few "difficult campaigns" that players have to go through in PL/SL.

In PL, it's Ancient Swamps, A02 (Due to lack of games), Nuri's (Once again, due to lack of games and OP mobs) and I'm sure I missed a few other campaigns.

In SL, it's Slouch-o.

What I'm saying is, if you do the math for THOSE campaigns, it actually proves to be cheaper to simply purchase an elixir and go onto the next level, not to mention faster.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    This is true, Yyon, but the situation I'm looking at regarding Elixir+ 4x is reverse from yours. There are quite a few "difficult campaigns" that players have to go through in PL/SL.

In PL, it's Ancient Swamps, A02 (Due to lack of games), Nuri's (Once again, due to lack of games and OP mobs) and I'm sure I missed a few other campaigns.

In SL, it's Slouch-o.

What I'm saying is, if you do the math for THOSE campaigns, it actually proves to be cheaper to simply purchase an elixir and go onto the next level, not to mention faster.
    I see what you are saying. But, the thing is (I haven't done it yet - but plan to) I plan on taking my 35 into Plasma Pyramid. Not to gain xp, but to run that level again. I remember when I use to run it as a 35 and have so much fun. Heck that is why my main has 3000+ deaths.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:501345
    t

1.The bad thing though is, it just leads to higher and higher prices, as the pool of wealth is practically infinite.

2. The second paragragh above when you are saying that you saved money by leveling in alternate campaigns, did you test that? I'd be really interested in learning what you found out. Don't you agree that saving plat is a good idea?
    If you noticed, I did say that it would save platinum and that any normal players would do that.

3. Not everybody can afford STS's prices, but they still want those exclusives.

4. That, my friend, takes time which also costs money (literally).

5. When I make a PUG today, I get on the majority, players that know what they were doing.

6. During the Ao2/Ao3 era? There were mynas generations running amuck. You couldn't even organize a party without having reliable friends.

7. Now, I'm a person that doesn't like to be close minded. Thus, I don't always like running with friends only. I like getting to know other players, as socialization is fun and interesting. Note: I'm not a jerk because I do not want inexperienced players in my party.

8. I do want to have a say on why this elixir should be banned.

9. Heyzap
    Hey! I didn't realize you responded so quickly.

1. I agree that what STS is not doing anything bad with the GoA/AoA programs. I am glad that you don't seem to think so either. But, it seems to me (apolgize if I am wrong) that you are saying that all these new players are bringing in a lot of money. But later you say these players cant afford STS's prices. But, I think everyone can agree that if we are getting a ton of new players and the GoAs and AoAs are helping them, and they are spending lots of money to support the game, then this is all a very good thing.

2. I am trying to ask something here, not about Mynas Gen or anything. Before these new elixrs were implemented, if you were level 63, you HAD TO xp in Fang if you wanted xp, right. I thought you were saying that you ACTUALLY TESTED and found out that a (for example) level 63 could xp in a lower map, say, Balefort Castle, and get faster xp and thereby saving plat/money. Is that what you meant to say in your original post, or did I misunderstand? If so, did you or someone you know actually test this and get these results or are you thinking that this is PROBABLY gonna be true?

3. If people can't afford the prices of elixrs or other items, well they shouldn't buy them. No one NEEDS to buy plat. You can play the game with out. No one should spend more than they got. And if STS is offereing something they can't afford, I'm sorry but sometimes that is the way it is.

4. Booting people takes a few seconds.

5. I'm glad we agree on this, because this is very true. Many people are rude and try to say other things. But, I feel very strongly about this and yes, you are right.

6. Anyone who has been playing snce Minas Gen should have an amazing, I mean an amazing friends list, be in a fantastic guild and have total mastery of all the tools STS has given us to organize groups. You have reliable friends, Apollo. I think you are more worried than you need to be.

7. Running with friends and guildies is not closed minded. It is the responsible thing to do. People who have same playing styles and attitudes should group together. Obviously that will make things smoother. People have a responsiblity to mitigate the problems involved in getting a group together and not expect other people to bow to their every wish.

I understand totally what you mean when you say you enjoy getting to know other players. Soooo... Well, human beings are imperfect, you want to go out of you way to include people you don't know into each of your groups. Well expect some surprises and some imperfrections and just roll with the idea that you are going to HAVE TO BE FLEXIBLE. If you purposly decide to include people you don't know into all your groups, well, obviously there are going to be minor to major differences in style, skills, approaches etc. So what, that is EXACTLY, the way I play almost 100% of the time. And it works out beautifully.

Apollo: You are a person who with your friends, your guildies, your skills and if on elixrs are rarely gonna have such a bad team that you can't continue.

People are really over reacting imo.

If you purposely choose to have people you don't know in your groups, either cuz they pug or just left wide open, then you need to be flexible with handling different people. And that is true WITH OR WITHOUT these new elixrs.

These new elixrs don't change much of anything in that respect.

Are you saying that not some players but ALL players need to play the ENTIRE game from level 1 to what ever level YOU happen to be in the exact way that you approve of just in case some day they may zone into some pug you are in?

I just don't understand why some people want to control how other people play their game?

8. Everyone has a say, well not so much a say, but everyone is completely able to give their opinions and feedback to STS about these new elixrs. Are you saying, I'm sure you are not, cuz this would be awful and I know that you are not this way, but are you saying you should have more say because you buy loads of plat?

9. The heyzap or w/e thing doesn''t sound like something I need to worry about right now. But, yeah, if it is like what you are saying (i.e. not some sort of bug), then that is awful and I agree with what you are saying.

Like I said, I do hope that everything works out well for you.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I like the idea. I'm not a kill counter so it doesn't offend my play style at all. In fact now I can gain some experience while completing all my quests! My kids can join me in the higher levels purely to see thezones as they won't likely get there for a while. Thank you STS! Though in future you're certain to once again magority rule, we plan to play together as much as possible until then!
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Hey! I didn't realize you responded so quickly.

1. I agree that what STS is not doing anything bad with the GoA/AoA programs. I am glad that you don't seem to think so either. But, it seems to me (apolgize if I am wrong) that you are saying that all these new players are bringing in a lot of money. But later you say these players cant afford STS's prices. But, I think everyone can agree that if we are getting a ton of new players and the GoAs and AoAs are helping them, and they are spending lots of money to support the game, then this is all a very good thing.

Yes, this is a good thing. You aren't getting the point though. The thing about this though is that when money is still coming in, STS is not going to fix problems that are already present such as the ever rising platinum prices. Why? Because there is always another player to take the other paying player's place. That's where I have the problem. I've said it multiple times; I'll say it again for emphasis, I have NO problem with STS making money, in fact I'll willingly support them for it. The outcomes are what I have a problem with.

2. I am trying to ask something here, not about Mynas Gen or anything. Before these new elixrs were implemented, if you were level 63, you HAD TO xp in Fang if you wanted xp, right. I thought you were saying that you ACTUALLY TESTED and found out that a (for example) level 63 could xp in a lower map, say, Balefort Castle, and get faster xp and thereby saving plat/money. Is that what you meant to say in your original post, or did I misunderstand? If so, did you or someone you know actually test this and get these results or are you thinking that this is PROBABLY gonna be true?

Read my above post addressed to Yvonnel, it should adequately answer your question.

3. If people can't afford the prices of elixrs or other items, well they shouldn't buy them. No one NEEDS to buy plat. You can play the game with out. No one should spend more than they got. And if STS is offereing something they can't afford, I'm sorry but sometimes that is the way it is.
    You have a valid point there, but for OCD people like me, you just have to have every item. There are many of those out there; I'm one of the lucky ones that can afford it, but many others can't justify the purchases. However, in sales, it's generally acknowledged that lower sales=more customers=more overall profit. That's what I'm getting at. Once again, I'll state. I can afford the platinum, that is not the issue. The issue is those who can't justify hundreds of dollars in platinum purchases monthly. Why should those players by excluded to exclusive items such as the holiday items? It ruins that player's experience, especially if they are item collectors.

4. Booting people takes a few seconds.
    Booting people takes a few seconds. By that time, the rest of your teammates are ahead and it's going to take you a bit to catch up. I'm not one to boot with one letter. If I'm booting, I'm booting with a full reason. Then, why should I have to play catch up in my own game. Also, that's just if one person joins. If another joins? Oh lord, the cycle continues.

5. I'm glad we agree on this, because this is very true. Many people are rude and try to say other things. But, I feel very strongly about this and yes, you are right.

6. Anyone who has been playing snce Minas Gen should have an amazing, I mean an amazing friends list, be in a fantastic guild and have total mastery of all the tools STS has given us to organize groups. You have reliable friends, Apollo. I think you are more worried than you need to be.

While I do like having friend only runs, I do not want to be limited by it as I was in the Ao2/Ao3 era. In that era, it was extremely difficult to even host a PuG with a semi-decent party. I love PUGs because of the new, experienced people I would never otherwise get to meet. I do not want to give up that experience.

7. Running with friends and guildies is not closed minded. It is the responsible thing to do. People who have same playing styles and attitudes should group together. Obviously that will make things smoother. People have a responsiblity to mitigate the problems involved in getting a group together and not expect other people to bow to their every wish.

I understand totally what you mean when you say you enjoy getting to know other players. Soooo... Well, human beings are imperfect, you want to go out of you way to include people you don't know into each of your groups. Well expect some surprises and some imperfrections and just roll with the idea that you are going to HAVE TO BE FLEXIBLE. If you purposly decide to include people you don't know into all your groups, well, obviously there are going to be minor to major differences in style, skills, approaches etc. So what, that is EXACTLY, the way I play almost 100% of the time. And it works out beautifully.

Apollo: You are a person who with your friends, your guildies, your skills and if on elixrs are rarely gonna have such a bad team that you can't continue.

People are really over reacting imo.

If you purposely choose to have people you don't know in your groups, either cuz they pug or just left wide open, then you need to be flexible with handling different people. And that is true WITH OR WITHOUT these new elixrs.

These new elixrs don't change much of anything in that respect.
    Wait at least a month, then you will see what I mean. The new players WILL abuse it as they did in previous times.

Are you saying that not some players but ALL players need to play the ENTIRE game from level 1 to what ever level YOU happen to be in the exact way that you approve of just in case some day they may zone into some pug you are in?

No, there are the outliers. I just don't appreciate when a person who is capped, but skipped campaigns, does not play nearly as well as a L35 who played through the campaigns and learned the strategies that would benefit him in later levels.

I just don't understand why some people want to control how other people play their game?
    In a host, I believe the developers give us the power to run the hosted game the way we desire and select based on our own criteria, within reasonable measure. If history goes to show anything, I don't want another Ao2/Ao3 age coming on again (I'm beginning to sound redundant, I know). If many people in our team are slacking because they do not know how to play their characters efficiently, while I can educate some of them, the masses these will create will just be too burdening to even attempt to help. I might as well put in an auto chat, "Hey you, to learn how to efficiently play your class visit www.spacetimestudios.com. Read the guides there, then come back"

8. Everyone has a say, well not so much a say, but everyone is completely able to give their opinions and feedback to STS about these new elixrs. Are you saying, I'm sure you are not, cuz this would be awful and I know that you are not this way, but are you saying you should have more say because you buy loads of plat?
    That's not at all what I'm trying to say. You and I both know it. I'm trying to say that PL requires teamwork in parties. It's a reason why it's called a party. You're only as strong as your weakest link; I'm assuming you heard of that quote. But what happens when you have many weak links? That's when I feel there is a problem. Honestly, if the Ao2/Ao3 had to show us anything, it WILL happen. Also, I'd appreciate if you didn't twist my wording like that. It's not what I meant, you and I both know it.

9. The heyzap or w/e thing doesn''t sound like something I need to worry about right now. But, yeah, if it is like what you are saying (i.e. not some sort of bug), then that is awful and I agree with what you are saying.

They say it's a bug, but in a game that many people pay for, I don't see the need for advertising, period.

Like I said, I do hope that everything works out well for you.
    My answers are in bold,
    Last edited by Zeus; 12-04-2011 at 02:43 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hey Apollo, I completely agree with you, but by spending thousands of dollars on plat, you aren't doing your opinion, and everyone who supports it, any justice. You're only spurring on STS to do such things like these new elixirs.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

ok I just spend 2hours helping my buddy from lvl 1-24. we went from forest haven to fathom crypt. I bought thrashers and the low lvl gain xp elixers. I noticed I get 2 xp per kill with the thrashers doing this. we unlocked all his maps and ran mostly zyla & vyxnaar maps. I averaged about 10000xp per hour. about the same I was getting in fang xp runs. the main diferance was I didn't die. it was cool to help a friend & I took care of a few old qsts too
    another thing I think is cool about these new elixers is I can continue my goal of doing all qst's on my lvl 10 on the higher lvl maps. I was very upset when the ability to do so was taken from me. now I can continue doing that if i want to spend some rl $.
    hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Protank For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    Hey Apollo, I completely agree with you, but by spending thousands of dollars on plat, you aren't doing your opinion, and everyone who supports it, any justice. You're only spurring on STS to do such things like these new elixirs.
    I don't really agree with the he no justice thing slush. tho I do agree with a lot of what Apollo is saying. there is only a select few that I know of that has spent over $1k on this game (me included) and I don't think that we are the cause of spacetimes business decisions. and becides the new elixers are only 1plat so idk.
    i could be wrong but I doubt it
    Last edited by Protank; 12-04-2011 at 04:10 AM.
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Protank View Post
    ok I just read through all 4 pages and I guess I should have done that before I posted my 1st post about this.

ZOMG! so many peoole are worried about the kill farmers and protecting the leaderboards.. doesn't anybody realize these leaderboard names are from turning off the xp bar and farming kills? this option has been nurfed a while ago. nobody can hit the leaders for most kills now because of that. why protect it?

anyway I'm going to go help my lvl 3 friend get some xp while my lvl 65 gets xp at the same time b4 these pots get the big nurf.
    I never turned of xp to kill farm in low levels. I always played maps appropriate to my level. I made it there. Others can too, simply because you can't don't speak for all.
    Last edited by Decur; 12-04-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

So I read 5 pages and apparently the posts are insanely long.
    This isn't an essay, dam it.
    Everyone posting here, CARES FOR YOUR GAME, STS.
    And yet we have heard NOTHING from the Developers.
    Nothing. At. All.
    I can put my finger on this greed idea.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    So I read 5 pages and apparently the posts are insanely long.
    This isn't an essay, dam it.
    Everyone posting here, CARES FOR YOUR GAME, STS.
    And yet we have heard NOTHING from the Developers.
    Nothing. At. All.
    I can put my finger on this greed idea.
    Sam did edit his post stating they are looking into a way of removing kill count from the low level XP elix, which seems to be one of the more heated issues.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:501393

1. Yes, this is a good thing. You aren't getting the point though. The thing about this though is that when money is still coming in, STS is not going to fix problems that are already present such as the ever rising platinum prices. Why? Because there is always another player to take the other paying player's place. That's where I have the problem. I've said it multiple times; I'll say it again for emphasis, I have NO problem with STS making money, in fact I'll willingly support them for it. The outcomes are what I have a problem with.

2. Once again, I'll state. I can afford the platinum, that is not the issue. The issue is those who can't justify hundreds of dollars in platinum purchases monthly.

3. While I do like having friend only runs, I do not want to be limited by it as I was in the Ao2/Ao3 era. In that era, it was extremely difficult to even host a PuG with a semi-decent party. I love PUGs because of the new, experienced people I would never otherwise get to meet. I do not want to give up that experience.

4. These new elixrs don't change much of anything in that respect.

Wait at least a month, then you will see what I mean. The new players WILL abuse it as they did in previous times.

5. Are you saying that not some players but ALL players need to play the ENTIRE game from level 1 to what ever level YOU happen to be in the exact way that you approve of just in case some day they may zone into some pug you are

I just don't appreciate when a person who is capped, but skipped campaigns, does not play nearly as well as a L35 who played through the campaigns and learned the strategies that would benefit him in later levels.

6. I just don't understand why some people want to control how other people play their game?

In a host, I believe the developers give us the power to run the hosted game the way we desire and select based on our own criteria, within reasonable measure. If history goes to show anything, I don't want another Ao2/Ao3 age coming on again (I'm beginning to sound redundant, I know). If many people in our team are slacking because they do not know how to play their characters efficiently, while I can educate some of them, the masses these will create will just be too burdening to even attempt to help. I might as well put in an auto chat, "Hey you, to learn how to efficiently play your class visit www.spacetimestudios.com. Read the guides there, then come back"

7. Everyone has a say, well not so much a say, but everyone is completely able to give their opinions and feedback to STS about these new elixrs. Are you saying, I'm sure you are not, cuz this would be awful and I know that you are not this way, but are you saying you should have more say because you buy loads of plat?
    That's not at all what I'm trying to say. You and I both know it. I'm trying to say that PL requires teamwork in parties. It's a reason why it's called a party. You're only as strong as your weakest link; I'm assuming you heard of that quote. But what happens when you have many weak links? That's when I feel there is a problem. Honestly, if the Ao2/Ao3 had to show us anything, it WILL happen. Also, I'd appreciate if you didn't twist my wording like that. It's not what I meant, you and I both know it.
    Apollo

I can see that you are upset. I honestly believe that people are more worried, some way more worried then they need to be. But, I realize it must be awful to be so upset, I mean, your so worried about what might happen that it seems to be causing like lots of extra stress.

I really think that it might not be perferct at first, but after the first 2 or 3 weeks things will settle down to where everything is more smoothly run. It may not be perfect. In fact it won't be. It will be different for sure. But the most important thing, is it will be BETTER.

I tried real hard not to twist your words. I hate it when people do that. They do that to intimidate and to try to unfairly (i.e. It's basically a lie when someone does that) sway public opinion in their direction. When people do that to me or others I will point it out. If I do that to you or others I hope people point that out because I wouldn't mean to do that on purpose.

But, if you read what I wrote (paragraph 7 in the above quote), I clearly said, SEVERAL TIMES, that I don't think that this is really what you are saying. It's right above - you can read it.

But, in your first post you said - and this is an exact quote - talking about the new elixrs - (you were just talking about how the main spine is now free and you don't mind spending plat) "But spitting on those very players by allowing other players to just undermine their hard work and power"

That's what I don't understand. I know that you aren't saying that people with real life money or people who have been playing the game longer than others should have a stronger say with STS. I mean, there may actually be people who think that, lol. But, I doubt you are one of them (as I stated several times, lol). But you are making statements that are confusing. I think maybe it is just cuz you typing out fast because you have such strong feelings on this subject.

How does these new elixrs undermine your "power" and what "power" are you even talking about.

In paragraph 1 above: Yes, I totally see how you believe that it is ok for STS to make profit. Obviously, I think we all feel that way. Some may think they making too much or w/e. But, I see how you are more reasonable and understand that they have to have profit or no game for us. When you say, "there is always another player to take another player's place", do you mean that if some people leave the game that there will be other players to take their place?

Well, that's a good thing. I don't see the problem. If your saying that STS can keep prices high and /or sell these new (or any elixrs) to the new players. Well, hmmm.... Isn't that GREAT!

The more profit they make the better our gaming experience will be. We need way, way more people playing the game. I realy wish we had more content and a greater varity of content. But to have either they are gonna have to have more money to pay their bills.

2. I know you can afford the plat. If you read what I wrote, I said, that I knew that, but OTHER PEOPLE should be reminded that they shouldn't buy more than they can afford. That is what I wrote the first time, the second time and now again.

3. Mynas Gen was nerfed - i.e. It ended - ALMOST A YEAR AGO.

Everything is better now. We have more people playing the game. We have guilds now. Guilds didn't exist back then. Any one who has been playing long enough to remember Mynas Gen has a friends list a mile long. We have grouping tools that you didn't have back then.

Many players feel that they have superior skills to most other players. I'm not saying that you are one of these. But there are quite a few who feel very superior. They have built guilds so that they can play with other folks who feel the same way. I think this is great. People with similar attitudes, playing styles, beliefs, etc. SHOULD PLAY TOGETHER. That is a good thing.

Things are way different and way better now than almost a whole year ago. People have better skills to manage groups.

I just don't believe that you or most anyone is not going to be able to get a four minute group. Only peple new to the game will experience this very often. And the GoAs and AoAs and all other more experienced players can and should help them. And btw, people who are really new to the game have a hard time forming groups before the new elixrs.
    (Edit: When there are not enough players online at any given time, it can be hard to find groups, I am saying cuz of these new elxrs people aren't gonna have hard time find groups. In fact, new elxirs are designed to get more people playing which will make grouping easier.)

4. First off, if people do start abusing this, then STS will stop the abuse. I really don't know what people are worried about. I hope you're not hating on new players here. Because that wouldn't be very good at all. If anyone abuses these new elixrs, STS will end that abuse.

During Mynas Gen, low levels could just zone into higher level games anytime they wanted to, right? With these new elixrs, players have to play real life money to use them, that right there shows there wont be abused at least much BECAUSE IT WILL BE TOO EXPENSIVE. Maybe at first, but then the novelty will wear off and then things will settle into being normal.

But if there is abuse going on, STS will stop that. Abuses and exploits should never be tolerated.

5. I don't appreciate it when we are being spoon fed content like we are a bunch of idiots. There is no reason why people shouldn't be able to play in any map that they like.

Most mmo's on console/pc have huge free roaming areas. You can zone in all over the place. All kinds of variety. NO BOREDOM. The devs of that game say, hmm... I actually like my players.. I think I want to give the freedom and flexibility so they can enjoy the game more. So they can play the game the way they want to.

It was always reallly hard for STS to give us this freedom. Cause the mobile phone technology wont support such open zones, and so many of them.

That is one of the reasons that elixrs ARE BRILLIANT. Now we have WAY MORE freedom and flexibility to enjoy and play the game the way we want.

There are very few strategies that only apply to that map. EXCEPT FOR BOSS fights. And they vary from map to map anyways.

This whole thing about how these elixrs insult non elixrs users is ridic. No one can even show how that is true. Because it is not true. But, telling players that there is only one map they are allowed to play, because they are too stupid to learn how to play the game if developers don't spoon feed em and hold their hands all the way to the top, IS INSULTING.

6. Yes, I agree, when your a host you can control certain factors in a reasonable way. Of course that is true. And yes, the four minute group is not the place to "educate" people. You are not one of these people who are just consumed with conceit that they look down on just about everyone. Their little minds are on auto pilot twisting what is really happening into all this negative energy. I have never noticed that about you. But, this idea that you think that there are going to be so manay people "below you" that they should actually stop playing the game until they go get educated. This is really bizarre.

I know, REPEAT I KNOW, that the last part of that where you were saying that you may as well just put that into one of you auto-chats, you were being sarcasstic. You weren't really saying you were planning on doing that. But, in that paragraph, you were basically saying that some people shouldn't play the game until the get "educated" to your satisfaction. At least that is how it seems to me. Please tell me if I am wrong. If I am wrong, I AM NOT TWISTING YOUR WORDS. I simply misunderstood, I am shocked if I am right, that is why I am asking now, for clarification.

I hope people realize that I am as passioinate and headstrong and bla bla bla as anyone else on this issue. But, if we gonna discuss, it always a good idea to try to stay calm.

If I ever twist ANYONES words, please let me know. I never want to do that. If and when people twist mine, I will let them know also. When people do that, they are proving that they don't have no logic to support their position and they are proving to everyrone that they don't mind resorting to telling lies to try to boost their ego. So, if I ever do this, I ABSOLUTELY GARANTEE that I did it by accident because I misunderstood. But there are some who do it on purpose. But, on the part where you said I twisted your words, I DID NOT. In fact when you read that part, you will see that I said that I didn't believe that you were the one saying what others are saying.

People are upset about this stuff, shouldn't be. Cuz no matter what happens, things will work out to be ok. THEY ALWAYS DO. That's the good thing.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 12-04-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

My lord, I am definitely not reading these essay responses... Just take it easy guys lol it's pixels.
    They'll fix it as usual, the same way I stated in my first post, so just wait it out. You might as well do as everyone else is and benefit while you can. It's your money, use it as you please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    My lord, I am definitely not reading these essay responses... Just take it easy guys lol it's pixels.
    They'll fix it as usual, the same way I stated in my first post, so just wait it out. You might as well do as everyone else is and benefit while you can. It's your money, use it as you please.

For a second, I read, "we read every thread, but we don't respond on some incase we get annihilated." LMAO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Lmfao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Apollo

I can see that you are upset. I honestly believe that people are more worried, some way more worried then they need to be. But, I realize it must be awful to be so upset, I mean, your so worried about what might happen that it seems to be causing like lots of extra stress.

I really think that it might not be perferct at first, but after the first 2 or 3 weeks things will settle down to where everything is more smoothly run. It may not be perfect. In fact it won't be. It will be different for sure. But the most important thing, is it will be BETTER.

I tried real hard not to twist your words. I hate it when people do that. They do that to intimidate and to try to unfairly (i.e. It's basically a lie when someone does that) sway public opinion in their direction. When people do that to me or others I will point it out. If I do that to you or others I hope people point that out because I wouldn't mean to do that on purpose.

But, if you read what I wrote (paragraph 7 in the above quote), I clearly said, SEVERAL TIMES, that I don't think that this is really what you are saying. It's right above - you can read it.

But, in your first post you said - and this is an exact quote - talking about the new elixrs - (you were just talking about how the main spine is now free and you don't mind spending plat) "But spitting on those very players by allowing other players to just undermine their hard work and power"

That's what I don't understand. I know that you aren't saying that people with real life money or people who have been playing the game longer than others should have a stronger say with STS. I mean, there may actually be people who think that, lol. But, I doubt you are one of them (as I stated several times, lol). But you are making statements that are confusing. I think maybe it is just cuz you typing out fast because you have such strong feelings on this subject.

How does these new elixrs undermine your "power" and what "power" are you even talking about.

In paragraph 1 above: Yes, I totally see how you believe that it is ok for STS to make profit. Obviously, I think we all feel that way. Some may think they making too much or w/e. But, I see how you are more reasonable and understand that they have to have profit or no game for us. When you say, "there is always another player to take another player's place", do you mean that if some people leave the game that there will be other players to take their place?

Well, that's a good thing. I don't see the problem. If your saying that STS can keep prices high and /or sell these new (or any elixrs) to the new players. Well, hmmm.... Isn't that GREAT!

The more profit they make the better our gaming experience will be. We need way, way more people playing the game. I realy wish we had more content and a greater varity of content. But to have either they are gonna have to have more money to pay their bills.

2. I know you can afford the plat. If you read what I wrote, I said, that I knew that, but OTHER PEOPLE should be reminded that they shouldn't buy more than they can afford. That is what I wrote the first time, the second time and now again.

3. Mynas Gen was nerfed - i.e. It ended - ALMOST A YEAR AGO.

Everything is better now. We have more people playing the game. We have guilds now. Guilds didn't exist back then. Any one who has been playing long enough to remember Mynas Gen has a friends list a mile long. We have grouping tools that you didn't have back then.

Many players feel that they have superior skills to most other players. I'm not saying that you are one of these. But there are quite a few who feel very superior. They have built guilds so that they can play with other folks who feel the same way. I think this is great. People with similar attitudes, playing styles, beliefs, etc. SHOULD PLAY TOGETHER. That is a good thing.

Things are way different and way better now than almost a whole year ago. People have better skills to manage groups.

I just don't believe that you or most anyone is not going to be able to get a four minute group. Only peple new to the game will experience this very often. And the GoAs and AoAs and all other more experienced players can and should help them. And btw, people who are really new to the game have a hard time forming groups before the new elixrs.
    (Edit: When there are not enough players online at any given time, it can be hard to find groups, I am saying cuz of these new elxrs people aren't gonna have hard time find groups. In fact, new elxirs are designed to get more people playing which will make grouping easier.)

4. First off, if people do start abusing this, then STS will stop the abuse. I really don't know what people are worried about. I hope you're not hating on new players here. Because that wouldn't be very good at all. If anyone abuses these new elixrs, STS will end that abuse.

During Mynas Gen, low levels could just zone into higher level games anytime they wanted to, right? With these new elixrs, players have to play real life money to use them, that right there shows there wont be abused at least much BECAUSE IT WILL BE TOO EXPENSIVE. Maybe at first, but then the novelty will wear off and then things will settle into being normal.

But if there is abuse going on, STS will stop that. Abuses and exploits should never be tolerated.

5. I don't appreciate it when we are being spoon fed content like we are a bunch of idiots. There is no reason why people shouldn't be able to play in any map that they like.

Most mmo's on console/pc have huge free roaming areas. You can zone in all over the place. All kinds of variety. NO BOREDOM. The devs of that game say, hmm... I actually like my players.. I think I want to give the freedom and flexibility so they can enjoy the game more. So they can play the game the way they want to.

It was always reallly hard for STS to give us this freedom. Cause the mobile phone technology wont support such open zones, and so many of them.

That is one of the reasons that elixrs ARE BRILLIANT. Now we have WAY MORE freedom and flexibility to enjoy and play the game the way we want.

There are very few strategies that only apply to that map. EXCEPT FOR BOSS fights. And they vary from map to map anyways.

This whole thing about how these elixrs insult non elixrs users is ridic. No one can even show how that is true. Because it is not true. But, telling players that there is only one map they are allowed to play, because they are too stupid to learn how to play the game if developers don't spoon feed em and hold their hands all the way to the top, IS INSULTING.

6. Yes, I agree, when your a host you can control certain factors in a reasonable way. Of course that is true. And yes, the four minute group is not the place to "educate" people. You are not one of these people who are just consumed with conceit that they look down on just about everyone. Their little minds are on auto pilot twisting what is really happening into all this negative energy. I have never noticed that about you. But, this idea that you think that there are going to be so manay people "below you" that they should actually stop playing the game until they go get educated. This is really bizarre.

I know, REPEAT I KNOW, that the last part of that where you were saying that you may as well just put that into one of you auto-chats, you were being sarcasstic. You weren't really saying you were planning on doing that. But, in that paragraph, you were basically saying that some people shouldn't play the game until the get "educated" to your satisfaction. At least that is how it seems to me. Please tell me if I am wrong. If I am wrong, I AM NOT TWISTING YOUR WORDS. I simply misunderstood, I am shocked if I am right, that is why I am asking now, for clarification.

I hope people realize that I am as passioinate and headstrong and bla bla bla as anyone else on this issue. But, if we gonna discuss, it always a good idea to try to stay calm.

If I ever twist ANYONES words, please let me know. I never want to do that. If and when people twist mine, I will let them know also. When people do that, they are proving that they don't have no logic to support their position and they are proving to everyrone that they don't mind resorting to telling lies to try to boost their ego. So, if I ever do this, I ABSOLUTELY GARANTEE that I did it by accident because I misunderstood. But there are some who do it on purpose. But, on the part where you said I twisted your words, I DID NOT. In fact when you read that part, you will see that I said that I didn't believe that you were the one saying what others are saying.

People are upset about this stuff, shouldn't be. Cuz no matter what happens, things will work out to be ok. THEY ALWAYS DO. That's the good thing.
    I edited this part in my other quote, but I feel need to say it this time. This is a Feedback thread, therefore I am giving MY FEEDBACK. I don't think it's up to you to debate wether my feedback is to your liking or not. I know you like a good debate, but this is not the place for it. You can do that through PM. Therefore, I didn't read this new post and I am not going to as all we are doing is derailing this thread.

Cheers,

~Parth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Decur View Post
    I never turned of xp to kill farm in low levels. I always played maps appropriate to my level. I made it there. Others can too, simply because you can't don't speak for all.
    I can't?
    u just said it was possable to do it..
    sorry for speaking for u.
    guess I havnt looked at the leaders in a while
    I appologize
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Plat Gen starts NOW.

This is the ABSOLUTE SAME THING as the Mynas Gen situation, except STS makes money from it.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmigo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I agree with some of what RedRyder is saying. Many people are totally over reacting. These new elixrs, like all the other elixrs, will make the game very much better.

Things are going to change. Except for an actual abuse, people will get used to the changes. And over all the game will be way better.

Mynas Gen was nerfed almost a year ago. The game survived. Players continued to play. The game has made a zillion other great changes. More people than ever are playing. The game is better because it is more fun.

I don't agree with RedRyder and Aollo IF what they are trying to say is that peple sholdn't discuss this. If they don't want people to disagree with their opinon, then instead of responding to them (I won't be rude and ignore their posts), I just won't respond directly to them, i.e. I won't quote them.

But, it is ok to discuss your opinons on this thread. All feedback threads have discussions: some of the best feedback grow out of discussion. But if they don't want me (or maybe anyone) disagreeing with them, like I said, I will just not respond to them directly, then they should be happy.

One of the reasons why the forum police are so annoying is because they usually only police comments that they disagree with. If my thoughts, (I was trying to stay calm and as supportive as possible), bother them then I will just respond outside of directly quoting them.

But, yes, RedRyder is correct when he says people are totally over reacting. These changes are designed to bring massive quanties of new people into the game. At least, that is what it seems to me to be. That is exactly what we need.

Some people are saying that people who spend a lot of plat should have a stronger voice with STS. Some people are saying that people who have been playing a long time should have a stronger voice with STS.

Naturally, neither of those things are true.

This game has kinda been focused on using the lure of elitism to draw people in. If you play long enough and hard enough you will be better than others and you will have much better gear than others. Because the best stuff is hard to get, it is legedary. And only a few will have it.

And this is fine, this is excellent as long as the few want to pay all of the bills. And when STS was young that was possible.

It is no longer possible. STS needs to start considering the needs of the huge majority of players instead of the small minority of players.

That is one of the things these new elixrs are desinged to do.

People are way too worried about power leveling. First off these elxirs aren't exactly strong forms of power leveling. As I have said before many times, power leveling when done correctly is fantastic and makes the game stronger because the players are better trained and better players.

These new elixrs are the dev's way of giving us players a compliment. They are saying, "we don't think you're idiots. We don't have to spoon feed you content. Feel free to explore the game and fine-tune your experience so that you are enjoying the game and happy."

All this belly aching and wa wa wa, actually coming to the forums and shedding tears, about how hard it is going to be to find a group is very undeeded.

The devs have already told us that one: that in order for a lower-level player to zone into a higher-level map, it will have to be through a friends list or the guild roster.

They have also alread told us that the amount of xp that higher levels will earn while in lower level maps will be fractional.

Relax, enjoy, stop trying to control how others play their game. Just relax and enjoy and have fun. It is just a game.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 12-04-2011 at 02:29 PM.