Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Feedback Thread for Purchasing High and Low level Dungeon Access

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duped:500912
    So far those in favor of the new elixirs have stated several reasons after reading through this whole thread:

1. Ability to play other campaigns with lower level friends. This change didn't give you that option, it's been there all along, it allows you to gain XP while playing in easier campaigns now.

2. Teaching lower levels to play by showing them the ropes. Lets be honest here, of all the reasons given, this is by far the most bogus. How many teaching sessions happen while the elixir time is being used up. Personally, I've never seen one, and for the life of me, I cant imagine why anyone else would either. Lets say you are right however, this would be a hypothetical scenario.

3. People are going in there to level up, if they only wanted to go in there for fun, that's always been available.

4. Ability to get to 65 (or 66!) running in vyx's lair or elsewhere to then try for the premium pinks at the highest dungeon.

5. Ok, this is what it boils down to IMO.
    Should a person have their kills count while in a lower level? No, and so far I've not found anyone, and certainly not any group of ppl who think it should

6. Should you be able to gain xp in lower levels? I don't think so for this reason. Should Barry Bonds or Alex Rodriguez be allowed to drop down to AA baseball, but have that season count in MLB
    Hey Duped! This is a great post. You stated SOME, only a few of the reasons the new elixrs are excellent.

1. Yes, you are right. Its always been possible for high-level players to enter low-level maps and play with their friends. The only thing these new elixrs are doing in this area is allowing xp gain.

But, see that is the best part of this. People can have fun playing this game and leveling up in any map they want to. With friends or solo. Why does anyone have a problem with someone else getting xp in lower level map.

Why is it a problem for some level 53 to xp in Wyldwood vs. the sewers?

If that 53 is enjoying himself more in Wyldwood than he would if he was forced, FORCED, to be in the sewers. Where is the harm in that?

More people are having more fun = more people logging on to and playing the game = that is a very, very good thing.

Before the new elixrs, if you were 53 and wanted to get to 56 you were forced to go through the sewers. That doesn'e even make any sense. Why can't someone play in the maps they like and avoid the maps they don't like.

If people are having more fun they will play more often and for more minutes than if they are not having fun.

Why is anyone actually saying, well,

"I don't really care if you are having fun, you should play the game the way I was forced to" or

"you should play the game the way that I approve of"?

Why does anyone want to control the way someone else is playing their game. Let people fine tune their gaming experience so that they can get the most fun and enjoyment out of it.

2. Omg, this hypothetical scenario you typed out was amazing. I didn't repeat it, cuz no reason to. But that is exactly the kind of training that should happen. That is EXACTLY the sort of thing when I talk about training gigs and power leveling. The way you typed that was amazing. I know you were trying to be funny. But it was spot on! If a cub as you put it, just wasn't able to get beckon and stomp, yeah take him in there and actually show him.

Obviously, have him read at least a couple of guides first, and any video available. But if he still was having hard time, actually go in and show him, YES!!

Don't you think that is better than this retarded flaming and trashing of people on the forum.

You imply that this would be a costly way to spend time. Well, yes, again, this kind of training would be done among friends and guildies or maybe the occasional random person you wanted to help. But, getting a bit of xp while doing this is wonderful. Looking back, I would have loved getting bit of xp while doing the, literally, hundreds of hours I have spent power leveling.

Once again, I am just floored at how brilliant elixrs are.

3. Yes, people will use these elixrs and go into lower levels to level up and not JUST farm or have fun. But as I stated above, so what? There is no harm in this at all. In fact, it helps the game.

4. Again, this is a great thing. If someone leveled to cap in various maps instead of being spoon-fed content by the devs and then went to other maps to farm pinks there, who cares? Who cares where someone else became level 66 and are now farming pinks in Fang?

5. Actually, I agree. Every post I have made in this thread I kept forgetting to add, that the whole kill count thing I wish they would nerfed out of the new elixrs. I agree with those that are saying the lb are tainted, probably so bad that nothing can be done about it, but why add insult to injury (vs. rubbing salt in the wound, hehe). I hope the devs do change this.

6. Yes, absolutely. But reasons mainly alreaady stated above. The mlb analoogy, not working cuz there is no competition tween players in this game except pvp and lb. We aren't competing with each other over issues of xp.

Like I've said before, I hope these new elixrs work out well for everyone.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 12-03-2011 at 05:50 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

[QUOTE=Weak_Sauce:500953]
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Unicorns!:500935
    There's an aspect I didn't even think of, yet another issue with new elixers.

And no Epic, no one has the right to call anyone a noob. The only people who call people by that name are the actual noobs.
    Lol, NO!

First off, when someone calls you a noob, really gotta just laugh it off and as weak sauce said, that just proves that they are the noob.

But, this is no more a problem than low-levels being in a high-level's game. If either player has a problem, just host (and maybe lock) your games.

Obviously, if you a low level and you cant get kills, just go out and re-enter but this time host the game so you can boot. Don't need to lock unless you have some reason to or want to.
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Have we forgotten? This IS a game.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

What I don't understand is how some players are concerned about newer players not learning how to play the game properly and skillfully, 4x elixirs crushed that idea many months ago...
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slush For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default @aikiebo

First, we live in the real world, this is no utopia and in the real world people have to WORK for anything they want. Maybe you have a soul sucking jobb and that's why you equate work with the inability to have fun but anything worthwhile in my life has required a certain amount of dedication and dare I say it, WORK. But that doesn't mean I don't have fun in the process. Let's just take school as an example since everyone has some degree of education. Well, to many folks, studying isn't fun should we just hand out the answers to every test? Sports aren't fun because Johnnyboy didn't win? Well let's stop taking score and hand out trophies to all! This kind of attitude is what waters down EXCELLENCE. Trust me, I am not pro, my KD ratio is abysmal, but I still want to improve. People who WANT to learn, will, but spoon feeding those that don't, will only wreak more spam in town, more begging, and less skilled gameplay. They want a game that's mindless? Let them have Farmville or Tapfish.

As far as your other comments go about where I work, so off the mark. Suffice it to say, when I left, anyone worth taking, went with me, the slackers who wanted every task giftwrapped, got left behind.

And DUPED made a wonderful point. How many people are REALLY going to take the time to properly teach game mechanics when their lixir is counting down? I'm sorry but I've spent more than 5 minutes showing someone how to enable toggle skills and map skills. So everyone who is arguing some ideal hypothetical about how this will better train new players are being purposefully delusional. Even on the flip side, how many new players will TAKE the time to learn when their precious lixir is counting down? TICK-TOCK TICK-TOCK I'm on the clock...

@Crim - YES this is a game but so was Super Mario, FF, and Zelda - how seriously did you take those games? ;p
    Last edited by kallima; 12-03-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Just additional comments:

This is my summary based on what i've read here:

1) count kills - i think this should be fixed but sts noted that in the first post so they know it actually. This is still beta version if my thinking is right.
    2) scaled exp - i agree, low dungeon should offer low exp since mobs are easy to kill, my idea is divide into categories - dungeons which offer .25 .5, .75, 1 exp pt.
    3) why spend plat - i do not think it is expensive. Sts needs this creative idea to expand their business. As what theyve said, dont use it if u dont have plat... Using plat saves time especially for players who are busy.question is it unfair? I dont think so, first spending plat will cost and there are some demerits - count kill will be loow if u try to lvl up on higher dungeon or youll be booted etc.... I actually praise people who dont use 4x elixirs. And with lvl cap getting increase we need this elixir for busy people. For those can't afford, lvling up is still fun, actually getting around all those dungeons are fun. Now that they changed the lvl experience curve too. If i were sts dev ill price 2 plat for low level to go to higher lvl dungeon but somebody of theres a chance to be booted so maybe 1 is enough.

4) elixir version - yeah, per 30 min elixir version is a great idea so you can save plat, perhaps and since tapping your screen every 5 minutes is cumbersome.

5) chance for power lvling - so what's the problem... You can aways boot. I remeber when PL in old days that you can go to higher dungeons and lvl up i see a lvl 5 in keepers crush with his friend playing but i chise to leave the game coz ill not play with lv 5 on that dungeon. On the other hand, balefort castle, lost expedition, oasis are good dungeons to make you lvl up faster (as what i did before) where you can still be good on killing if you have good gears.

6) friends - its good to know more people. Well i understand selfishness too hahahhaa sorry not related.

This is for now. One unrelated comment, dev i hope there will be discount on the price plat like other games in apple. They have something buy diamond this week for 20% discount

Enjoy all!
    Last edited by Elf-Orc-Naga; 12-03-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Unicorns! View Post
    I have a story about these elixers...I was leveling my new twink in the hidden passage, when a very highly-regarded player joined, a lv 65. I said hi just to be nice...then we went a few times around the middle, while he was on his low-level xp gain elixer. I died because I had aggro on two trolls. He laughed and said, "Lol noob." Did he have the right to call me that? When he was a 65 mowing down all enemies in a lv 15 dungeons, while gaining kills and xp? I think these elixers are stretching the good and bad player line apart. Then low level players can't do anything to get a single kill. I can see people getting frustrated with high levels taking their kills and quitting.
    One thing I foolishly hope is high level players in low levels realize they are 'guests' This is something that always bugged me about high level players farming the swamps or looking to loot the fridge. It is so not acceptable to boot or even be rude to a player who is in the right area for their level.
    As to "stealing your kills" I can appreciate why that is an issue to a twink, but 99.78% of players that understand xp splits LOVE trailing a high level player.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

[QUOTE=Aikiebo:501019][QUOTE=Weak_Sauce: 500953]
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Unicorns!:500935

But, this is no more a problem than low-levels being in a high-level's game. If either player has a problem, just host (and maybe lock) your games.

Obviously, if you a low level and you cant get kills, just go out and re-enter but this time host the game so you can boot. Don't need to lock unless you have some reason to or want to.
    What if you don't have enough players so you need to leave the game open? What if the maker of the game goes MIA and no one can boot? What if you made a game but no one was joining so you chose to join someone else's? Sure if you host you can boot anyone you want but what if there isn't anyone to boot? I almost always host and I've had this issue many times so I choose to join others games. Again, I could always leave a game if I'm unhappy but what if I'm half-way through and I don't want to abandon the work I've put in thus far?

Finally, coming from the era when any level could join any game, I had to boot feverishly so that a friend or player at the correct level could join. Everytime a spot was open it was a constant rush of low leveled players coming in saying "Don't boot!"
    PL Anibird- Level 66 Bird Anicat- Level 65 Mage Anibear- Level 66 Bear
    SL Ani- Level 35 Operative Animeva- Level 30 Commando Anibird- Level 27 Engineer

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

@Kallima - I have never taken any game seriously. The only thing about PL that I take "seriously" is disrespect/rudeness. No sense in playing a game if it's not fun.

And to piggyback on Fluff's comment about kills: if kills matter so much to ANY level, then those that do not pot are at a buge disadvantage.
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 12-03-2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Can't type on my stupid phone!!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

STS, with all due respect, I haven't liked the way STS has been going for a while now. I've spent roughly 3,000 dollars on both SL and PL combined. (I didn't always buy 800/2k platinum packs. If you calculate my amount spent, I'm sure it will end up between 2-3000 dollars).

I remember when I could go a month or two with only the 20 dollar platinum pack. That's all I ever needed to buy. Buying the 800 platinum pack was ungodly. 800 was considered A LOT!

People would complain about the rename being too expensive. Now? It's just a tad bit more expensive than the Thrasher Punch.

Now these elixirs are out. If I'm not mistaken about the market strategy used, GoA, SG, and AoA are more than just being helpful to the community. They are used to help out other players that are new and just starting off to rake in money. Is it a bad thing? No. It keeps that well of money that people think will eventually run out unlimited and always replenished.

These elixirs are just taking it way too far. At first, even with hardcore power leveling, it would take quite a bit of time to reach the cap. In both SL and PL it took at least a week. Now? I can just choose between campaigns I want to level in and level with those. Guess what!? It actually SAVES me platinum if I do the math. Why? I gain more XP per hour in those campaigns, thus maximizing efficient use of my platinum. Platinum=money. Most people are very careful on how they spend their money. If they can save platinum, they will.

All this is fine and dandy, but what are the effects? What will it come to?

Do you remember Ao2 & Ao3? Tombs of Mynas or Keeper runs? Remember that level barrier that you guys put into place BECAUSE of how uneducated people were on how to play their classes and BECAUSE of the vast complaints you got from forumers? It won't happen yet, but mark my words, within a few months, we will be back to stage 1. Only as Conradin put it, instead of being called the apellation of "Mynas Gen", these players will be called the "Platinum Gen". Can you blame them? No. Any sane player would want to save platinum in any way they possibly can.

I've been turning a blind eye for pretty long, but people have other purchases they plan to make in real life. When holidays come, then what? People will not have the surplus money to buy platinum because they bought gifts for their families. But that's okay, as we are getting new players to stay through the ingenious system that STS as created. I have much respect to it, but I have spite as well.

Your original stance on making the main spine free was this, "So the game is free to play, thus cheaper". How much cheaper is it now? Really? It seems a lot more expensive to me. I don't mind paying to play a game, even if it is ridiculous amounts. But spitting on those very players by allowing other players to just undermine their hard work and power through the game and not learn to play their classes is just insulting and a slap to the face.

So, I think this, I dislike the new elixirs. I dislike elixirs in general the day they became purchasable only through platinum, the good ones anyway.

Then there is the advertisements, Heyzap. I realize you guys have made a contract with them. I didn't think I would be forced to download another application just so I can play the game that I love. That should go in TapJoy with a platinum reward, not be put here. It's obtrusive, insulting, and just not needed.

I apologize if I came off as very insulting, but I am very irate regarding the way STS has made some of it's revenue boosting decisions.

All of this is not pertaining to just the feedback requested, but they are issues I strongly feel that need to be addressed.

Thank you for your time and my wonderful experiences/stay in not only SL and PL but also being welcome in the wonderful community you guys have.

~Parth

EDIT: To those who ask, "Why do you care so much about a game, Parth?". It's because I have spent good money on this game and enjoy it. I don't regret spending that money yet and hope that I never will have that opportunity. That's why I made this post. That is why I am giving feedback as it is, not sugarcoated information.
    Last edited by Zeus; 12-03-2011 at 10:45 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

+1^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    +1^^
    Thank you! I spent quite a bit of time thinking that post out. It was actually one of my longer ones. Hehe I tried to make it organized so it wouldn't be a bore to read. I just hope people see what I'm trying to say in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    @Kallima - I have never taken any game seriously. The only thing about PL that I take "seriously" is disrespect/rudeness. No sense in playing a game if it's not fun.
    I was joking, but most people take even games seriously. I will admit I definitely do, if my controller battery dies while in a level that I have yet to beat, is it frustrating? Heck yeah. Did I pout when my mom would walk into my room and turn the power off my NES because it was time for dinner? Most definitely, this was when there were no save spots or I had almost just reached one. I think every gamer has had those moments, I know if I walk in front of the TV while my bf is playing MW or another FPS he gets irritated. If you have never had one of those moments, I tip my hat to you. But just because it's JUST a game doesn't mean feelings aren't involved. Football is JUST a game to me but look at the legions of fans and the passion/anger/joy it inspires in them.

@APOLLO - the thought put into your post comes across, very well stated. Cheers man!
    Last edited by kallima; 12-03-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Im glad to see that some of our conversation from earlier today made it into that post. I'll post in a bit about how i feel about this change, but right now I have a Christmas Concert to go to

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I like the new elixers and don't see any problem with it.

people complain about power leveling? power leveling in my book is when a high level character joins a low level map to plow through the enemies for some low level friends. not the opposite that everybody else talks about.

people complain about the kill count? when I first started this game I was still getting kills when I wasn't even getting xp for mobs I was capped out on. then they changed that. then u had the kill count farmers that soloed the ao maps with there aoe staffs or what ever they felt like. the kill count was way higher then so u would get sooo many kills for just one level. u could also turn of xp and still get kills. people cried and the dev's nurf it. then the change to the amount of xp needed to level. now nobody else will ever be able to hit leaders for kills even if they soloed every single level. is that fair? I seen lvl 65s today with less then 5000 kills. I've seen some with over 100k kills. who cares really what there kill count says. it's really there choice to play how they want to play.

I think people complain to much on this game and I also think the dev's are way to cool to all the people on this game. honistly they are the coolest dev's on the planet but this constant catering to the players of the game kinda ruins it for others that get use to how it is and just accept it. it's like letting a kid have pop and then taking it away. kinda sucks for the kid right?

personally I thought one of the coolest things about this game was that u could turn your xp off and u still get kill count. owell things change its just life. love this game and the dev's rock. I will always support my favorite pass time and I will always support the devs no after what they throw at us.

all in all pocket legends is still best mmo on hand held for almost two years now. thx sts, u guys truly are some hard working mamajama's
    Last edited by Protank; 12-03-2011 at 11:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Protank For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

ok I just read through all 4 pages and I guess I should have done that before I posted my 1st post about this.

ZOMG! so many peoole are worried about the kill farmers and protecting the leaderboards.. doesn't anybody realize these leaderboard names are from turning off the xp bar and farming kills? this option has been nurfed a while ago. nobody can hit the leaders for most kills now because of that. why protect it?

anyway I'm going to go help my lvl 3 friend get some xp while my lvl 65 gets xp at the same time b4 these pots get the big nurf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:501252
    Now these elixirs are out. If I'm not mistaken about the market strategy used, GoA, SG, and AoA are more than just being helpful to the community. They are used to help out other players that are new and just starting off to rake in money. Is it a bad thing? No. It keeps that well of money that people think will eventually run out unlimited and always replenished.

2. Now? I can just choose between campaigns I want to level in and level with those. Guess what!? It actually SAVES me platinum if I do the math. Why? I gain more XP per hour in those campaigns, thus maximizing efficient use of my platinum. Platinum=money. Most people are very careful on how they spend their money. If they can save platinum, they will.

3. It won't happen yet, but mark my words, within a few months, we will be back to stage 1.

4. Your original stance on making the main spine free was this, "So the game is free to play, thus cheaper". How much cheaper is it now? Really? It seems a lot more expensive to me. I don't mind paying to play a game, even if it is ridiculous amounts.

5. But spitting on those very players by allowing other players to just undermine their hard work and power through the game and not learn to play their classes is just insulting and a slap to the face.

6. Then there is the advertisements, Heyzap. I realize you guys have made a contract with them. I didn't think I would be forced to download another application just so I can play the game that I love.
    Apollo, I understand that some people are upset at these new elixrs. But do you really think that STS is just using the GoA and AoA programs as a way to increase revenue? You said that you didn't think what they were doing was a bad thing, right, but then what do you mean? What do you see as a good alternative? Not helping new players or not increasing revenue? What are you trying to say - is I guess what I am asking.

The second paragragh above when you are saying that you saved money by leveling in alternate campaigns, did you test that? I'd be really interested in learning what you found out. Don't you agree that saving plat is a good idea?

In paragraph 3, what is stage 1?

In paragraph 4, you seem upset at the amount of money that you have spent on plat. Yeah, wow, $3000 is an awful lot. I love the game and I love elixrs but I wouldn't have done that. You say you're not upset, but you seem so. If buying that much plat didn't make you happy, why did you do it? I am sorry if you regret spending that much. No body should buy more plat than they can afford. I know your not complaining, but it is good advice for others. People got to remember that NO ONE IS FORCING them to buy the plat. They DON'T NEED IT to play the game, And they should NEVER buy more than they can afford. When I don't have plat, I still play.

5. This is the part I really don't understand. How do these elixrs "spit on players who buy plat to undermine your hard work and power. What power are you saying some players have? Are you saying that players who have been playing a long time have power over other players? And how does "other people not learning to play their class" slap anyone in the face? Why does player A care how player B is playing the game? People can play their game anyway they want to as long as no TOS violations. Don't you agree? Or do you really thinnk that people who buy plat or who have been around a long time should be able to dictate and control how others play their game?

Paragraph 6. I am very interested in understanding what you mean. I didn't download an app. Are you saying that is going to become mandatory?

I hope that everything works out for you and that you still enjoy the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Apollo, I understand that some people are upset at these new elixrs. But do you really think that STS is just using the GoA and AoA programs as a way to increase revenue? You said that you didn't think what they were doing was a bad thing, right, but then what do you mean? What do you see as a good alternative? Not helping new players or not increasing revenue? What are you trying to say - is I guess what I am asking.
    Do I think STS is just using the programs to generate revenue? No. I don't. Do I think it boosts revenue? Yes. Is it a bad thing? No. My point was, these programs keep the money well flowing, which IS a GOOD thing. The bad thing though is, it just leads to higher and higher prices, as the pool of wealth is practically infinite.

The second paragragh above when you are saying that you saved money by leveling in alternate campaigns, did you test that? I'd be really interested in learning what you found out. Don't you agree that saving plat is a good idea?
    If you noticed, I did say that it would save platinum and that any normal players would do that. I'm not sure if you read what outcomes it creates. You might have not been here for the Mynas Generation, but it was terrible. We could not even kill bosses because there were so many inexperienced CAPPED players at bosses. Thus, a chicken with his head cut off would have been more useful in my party than a mynas generation.

In paragraph 3, what is stage 1?

Stage 1 having players that were powerleveled and not knowing their class and having to deal with it on a daily basis. It is a lot more on the small scale compared to how it was before.

In paragraph 4, you seem upset at the amount of money that you have spent on plat. Yeah, wow, $3000 is an awful lot. I love the game and I love elixrs but I wouldn't have done that. You say you're not upset, but you seem so. If buying that much plat didn't make you happy, why did you do it? I am sorry if you regret spending that much. No body should buy more plat than they can afford. I know your not complaining, but it is good advice for others. People got to remember that NO ONE IS FORCING them to buy the plat. They DON'T NEED IT to play the game, And they should NEVER buy more than they can afford. When I don't have plat, I still play.

Again, I do NOT regret buying platinum. I will continue to buying as much platinum my play style sees fit. It is NOT about the money for me. It never was. What about for other players though? That's my point. Not everybody can afford STS's prices, but they still want those exclusives. There was a time when 20 dollars worth of platinum could last you more than a few months if used wisely.

5. This is the part I really don't understand. How do these elixrs "spit on players who buy plat to undermine your hard work and power. What power are you saying some players have? Are you saying that players who have been playing a long time have power over other players? And how does "other people not learning to play their class" slap anyone in the face? Why does player A care how player B is playing the game? People can play their game anyway they want to as long as no TOS violations. Don't you agree? Or do you really thinnk that people who buy plat or who have been around a long time should be able to dictate and control how others play their game?

With all due respect, I would appreciate not to play with a nincompoop that is not familiar with his or her own class. Why? The majority of the time, I'm on elixirs. I don't want other players that do not know how to play in my party. I know, your counter argument since you always have one is that I could always boot the people I do not want in my party. That, my friend, takes time which also costs money (literally). I do not want to spend that time sorting through masses of inexperienced players that are capped. When I make a PUG today, I get on the majority, players that know what they were doing. During the Ao2/Ao3 era? There were mynas generations running amuck. You couldn't even organize a party without having reliable friends. Now, I'm a person that doesn't like to be close minded. Thus, I don't always like running with friends only. I like getting to know other players, as socialization is fun and interesting. Note: I'm not a jerk because I do not want inexperienced players in my party. 1 or so every other run is fine, but these enhancers will eventually create is a multitude of these type of players. I can't and I won't educate all of them. So yes, if they are indirectly affecting my game play and my teammates game play because of their inability to learn their class properly, thus costing our elixirs, I do want to have a say on why this elixir should be banned.

Paragraph 6. I am very interested in understanding what you mean. I didn't download an app. Are you saying that is going to become mandatory?
    As it is right now, when you're multitasking, at least on iOS, the HeyZap status bar takes 1/4 of your screen whenever you come back to the application. What does this do? It temporarily blocks access on 1/4 of my screen. I consider that obstructive advertisement, as sometimes I need the screen immediately once I come back. In short, I do not want advertising in the game period. Doesn't STS make enough money as it is on platinum based customers?

I hope that everything works out for you and that you still enjoy the game.
    I still do enjoy the game. I'm just more than annoyed by the audacity of these changes, especially because of the preventative measures put into place to stop this. The only thing from STS taking those preventative measures away is now those very same measures help them profit and put us back to stage 1.

Bolded my answers.
    Last edited by Zeus; 12-04-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weak_Sauce:501211
    What if you don't have enough players so you need to leave the game open? What if the maker of the game goes MIA and no one can boot? What if you made a game but no one was joining so you chose to join someone else's? Sure if you host you can boot anyone you want but what if there isn't anyone to boot? I almost always host and I've had this issue many times so I choose to join others games. Again, I could always leave a game if I'm unhappy but what if I'm half-way through and I don't want to abandon the work I've put in thus far?

Finally, coming from the era when any level could join any game, I had to boot feverishly so that a friend or player at the correct level could join. Everytime a spot was open it was a constant rush of low leveled players coming in saying "Don't boot!"
    You do realize that most games last 3 - 6 minutes.

Do you realize that the post of mine you quoted was speaking to a very specific situation? A player who I thought might be a newer player was in a map with a higher level who was rude to him. The op was saying that he couldn't get any kills cuz of this high level player, so I was suggesting ways he could remedy that problem.

STS has given us a whole list of ways to limit / choose who we play with. Hosting, locking, world map, quest log, passwords, friends list, guild list. .. I mean, it's not that hard to make or find a group that you can live with for 3 minutes.

Anyone who was around during Mynas Gen should have an AMAZING and WONDERFUL friends list. Plus have made decent enough contacts/friends to be in a really great guild. I can't believe it is that hard for you to get a group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

STS will apologise and everyone will drop $80 dollars on plat like nothing happened. The reason why STS has changed is partly because of YOU!
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION