Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Devs plz PLZ read this and think abut it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Exclamation Devs plz PLZ read this and think abut it!

I write this as winner of 2 pvp contests and as a continuous pvper whos fed up with how the pvp in our server is!

U really need to promote pvp! When i rey to pvp i see like 6 standard person everytime that i can even list -Teven, Lone, Newbee, Percii, Mrsbanana, Smokester-
    Everyday the same thing. I can even predict every move they will do! Do something ANYTHING to promote pvp cause when theze 6 persons arent on there are no persons to pvp -.-
    Pvp winners of competitions(no link to the 2tourns i won) could win special fabulous cool-looking weapons which when others saw would want (ofcourse not tradeable)
    After some kills, i beleive 5k would be ok, to get a skill or improve one of his skills. For example as i mentioned in other post, which im sure u didnt read, fire improved which would make fire more powerfull or have efect in more length!

I TRUELY HOPE U READ IT! IF u dont ill need to private message it to u cause its really important for me and for many others which asked me to writr it

Sincerely,
    Constantine
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

give them time they already said there going to promote it soon ..... let them get the most important things done and dusted first .... but i do think we should have some reward or reason to play PvP maybe like 1 exp per kill or something so its a different way to level but then you have the problem of people letting their friends kill them over and over to level ... see much thought has to be given to this as its a delicate subject !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Well I think after level 50 and everything settle down the developers should add game modes to pvp such as free for all capture the flag and king of the hill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and there should be a seperate kill/death and rank for pvp but im sure a sts hosted comp with a exclusive prize will bring in a lot of new pvp players
    Nouda- lvl 100 pally
    helllaflush- lvl 45 birdy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Getin 1exp per kill wouldnt help u lvl...

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barbamitsos View Post
    Getin 1exp per kill wouldnt help u lvl...
    Believe it or not they would do as King Ritchie said. Back in SWG days, we had an advancement mechanic where if a Jedi killed a Jedi they got some specific type of XP. So a whole bunch of Jedi would get together, form a long line, and just go down the line letting whoever they were trying to level kill everyone. We called it Jedi Fight Club, but of course no one was allowed to talk about it...

I think a bigger issue with PvP is getting people together to engage in the matches. What do you think about some way in townes to get people together?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree 100% with Barbamitos Post.
    Special weapons or skill or title on char based on pvp numbers of kills would be all fantastic ideas.
    Please do.
    Ty
    Ajeje

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I think a bigger issue with PvP is getting people together to engage in the matches. What do you think about some way in townes to get people together?
    A couple of idea off the top of my head.

Add another corridor to the castle in the back of town, leading to The Arena, a special 1 on 1 (or 3 on 3 I suppose) PvP room that would allow for spectators, maybe even betters . People who are into PvP would be able to gather there and set up games, as well as play obviously.

Have a way for people who want to play PvP, but don't feel like standing in an empty map, to be available to others playing. I'm thinking of a sort of waiting board listing people available to play, their level etc. Something you could add your name to, and view in town maybe, and then invite from when starting a PvP game.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Justg a nice thing would have an annoucement every say 2-3 hours in town saying a pvp game will take place in 5 minutes which would be hosted by you guys just like the townes are hosted where it dosent actually have a host .... and then offer like 1000k rewards per person for the winning teams ... this is obviously a basic idea but it would help for a while .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't think it has anything to do with getting people together. It's simply PvP imbalance that's steering players away, which should be helped by the stat-conversion coming up.

So Barb, just wait it out.

Btw, awesome Fight Club reference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think simply adding a pvp queue, where the game waits for 10 active players before sending a "Join Game" pop-up would make for more complete games. But I think fun, engaging PvP would be a variety of objective driven games (capture the flag, resources rushing, base destruction) that are connected to a pvp rewards system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm completely with Banned on this one.

Two things I absolutely love in life are MMOs and PvP, yet right now I struggle to keep an interest in PL and the PvP it has.

PvP to me is some strange affair of 'who can dodge the unlucky volley of crits for longest', with fights usually ending when one person gets bored of the silence, goes to type a message and breaks skill rotation.

With my incredibly super amazin 31 base dodge, I evade about 80% of all hits, and when I buff that to 61% I evade 99% of hits. Couple that with 21H/s and you have a mix for a very boring fight, then add the 112% hit I have not counting for jack against evades or -hit debuffs, then the depressing 370HP i've managed to squeeze onto my bear, and the people walking around trying to say PvP is fine and dandy, and I'm so beyond interested it's not even funny.

I love PvP, I love PvP so much I want to punch my mum in the face just to see if she's still a brawler and would give me a run for my money, but for the love of god;

• Fix the health system - Nobody likes the fact we don't earn health per level, a system to change this can be worked out easily.
    • Fix the damage errors - An Enchantress with a 45 Thoth talon and 180% hit missed pretty much every shot and those that landed did 0 or 1 damage, even criticals.
    • Fix the hit and evade calculations - I have no idea what goes on with them, but it's safe to say that a STR bear with 76 dex - 31 base evade (61 buffed) should be evading around 30-60% of attacks (from opponents with close to 100% hit). Stacking DEX, while boosting hit% should only raise it a certain amount (it needs to be curbed in some way because attaining 180% hit (certainly with the current level cap) pretty much negates anyones evade (except for that Enchantress build), not so fun when some of the super high hit% build are also super high dodge% builds. STR/INT should also raise hit% in some way to prevent builds that cannot hit anything, even as a str bear with 76 DEX and 112 Hit, I'm lucky to scratch most builds.
    • Fix the skills, warriors need a +hit% buff, not a crit buff, yes so then dex bears lose crit buffs and gain even more hit% *cough skill trees cough cough*, I would hope that massive hit% vs low dodge% would produce a lot of crits anyway.
    • Safe fixed spawn zones and maps/functions for 1v1 duels. Spawn zones more so, a game can be passworded for 1v1 but without a safe area where all of your team will respawn (spawning all over the map is pointless and pot luck) team PvP is impossible to strategise properly.
    • Less/No knockback, oh god please nerf the knockback even if only for pvp, I can't stand it, it ruins any chance of true tactical gameplay, If I could spend less time being bounced about like a ping pong ball (Team PvP is the main problem) maybe I could actually hit something with a melee class, and then of course half of my own warrior attacks actually knock my target away, and manouvering to knock them into a wall in a fast-paced crit-ridden mega evade pvp where I spend most of my time skidding away at 100MPH is not fun. (Yes I'm biassed, I hate knockback and I think it's completely unneeded (except for PvE where most hits 'stun' you) and definitely way over the top)

I can't think of any more off of the top of my head....I'm half way through a massive essay of everything I see wrong saved into a Word file which I'll be dropping on the forums like a bomb at some point.

EDIT: The last thing Barb needs from PvP kills is skill enhancements and more deadly weapons - no offense

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If PvP =gets +capture_the_flag then Flaimdude==happy.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Lol at bmc who (with his melee character) wants to nerf knockbacks. No way! My mages would sure appreciate a stun nerf though
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Lol at bmc who (with his melee character) wants to nerf knockbacks. No way! My mages would sure appreciate a stun nerf though
    I see what you mean but there are more sensible ways for a mage (I have one too, and love magic classes in games) to fight against melee characters, as you say, stuns (or roots/snares) and debuffs that debilitate the enemies attack, give the mage a fighting chance while allowing melee classes to actually get close and do something.

Knockback however, not only reduces incoming damage from melee, but pretty much negates it altogether, meaning that a mistake on the part of the mage will leave him dead in the bat of an eyelid, rather than a gradual battle of attrition through skill management.

EDIT: I completely agree that stuns are overpowered and shouldn't last as long in pvp
    EDIT: I'm assuming as you didn't mock any other part of my post that you agree with the majority of it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Flaimdude=40. Doll=Mrsbananas
    -.-
    Flaimdude+play+buyAo2+lvl3=powerlvl by mrsbanana
    Flaimdude=contact me ingame

ohio ( weather sucks there sucks there :/ )
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bmc y would bears even need a hit% buff jus get some dex and of course we need crit buff how else r we gonna crit with like such a low crit chance.... altho i think warriors need more armor in most mmos dosent the warrior do the most damage and hve the most armor yet archers do bout the same damage and 20 armor diff...(if they using talon)
    Tourturedsoul int mage bird and pro pvper
    Godzkiller ownage bear mage
    Pvpmaster OWNAGE PKER PALADIN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pvpmaster View Post
    bmc y would bears even need a hit% buff jus get some dex
    First off, I have enough dex to give me 112 hit, secondly, hit should naturally come as part of str/int anyway, not as much as from dex sure, but at least some, so that people aren't forced to stack dex JUST to hit things. Finally, even with 112 hit I simply cannot hit dex builds, so what good is crit chance if no hits land.

As a dex build your crit would naturally be higher, excessive hit chance from your base (lets say around 150+ for a dex build) paired with a hit% buff should actually enhance crit chance. For example, 180 hit vs 0 dodge, you already have 100% chance to hit, so the remaining 80% should have some sort of impact to crit chance.

and of course we need crit buff how else r we gonna crit with like such a low crit chance....
    Simple, as a str bear, you just plain don't, you don't crit, you don't have high DPS, you are made to suck up massive amounts of abuse and deal it out at a steady pace, if you want to crit, play as a dex build.

altho i think warriors need more armor in most mmos dosent the warrior do the most damage
    Nope, never have, never will, sure you get 2 handed/dual wield DPS warriors, but they pay a cost of less armour, however despite this, they will never touch a rogue/assassin/archer when it comes to laying down the damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i think an easy thing the devs could squeeze into their next update would be seperate kills to deaths for pvp, that wouldnt be overly hard to implement into the game and it would at least give people somthing to brag about. (comeon guys, everyone know they only play pvp to prove whos the best)

thats just one simple thing. i like the idea of an arena in the future, were people can spectate, but atm id be more than happy with pvp kills/death count.

if you devs could do that soon id really appriciate it, before thoth armor was in the game, paladins epic failed at pvp due to low mana regen, but now that i have high regen and can pally nuke (sorta geting the hang of it, i nuked lones pally) *lol*

i just love pally nuking noobs and finishing them off with my plasma sword of thoth, their all like "DAMB, WHAT SWORD IS THAT? CAN I BUY IT OFF YOU!!!! ILL PAY 1 MILL"

and i just smile and wave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i Think that 80% of players have not been in a PVP room so they realy don't' know what "imbalance" is.
    The point is that on 600 players connected there are maximum 10 players doing pvp.
    So the point is why to farm if you can not use your items in pvp?
    This is my point of view.
    My ideas on how to promote is the above post.
    TY
    Ajeje