Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In kind regards of the event!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arfee View Post
    Hahahhaaha i couldnt consider it, since i didnt want devs to get alot of complains. But cinco is the man, forget the banner upgrade ! Full support for cinco vanity enhacement! +100000000!

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Since we are already here, can i go as far as to suggest a gleaming sparkling golden collor for the glow/particles/beneath-character aura or whatever it will be?
    I, myslef entrust all my hopes to Cinco!

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A530F folosind Tapatalk
    Last edited by panedorin; 03-24-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I have considered changing the whole design but I’m 100% certain that it would be divisive (even though I am certain that my change would be more beautiful). :-))

Particle fx (static and streaming/motion variants) are also being considered - they will be roughly as expensive (with respect to client frame rate) as an aura.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A whole new design would be contradition as many players would be mad that "i would have ran event if i knew we would get these vanities" .
    At least same design with a aura wouldnt matter much since you never said if these vanities had auras or not :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

With regard to possible changes I think it makes the most sense to focus on varying the vanity outfit appearances first and then consider the possibility of banner changes.

To know my biases: I’m not too keen on changing the banner for top 10 because - amid all the confusing stuff about rewards - it was actually very clear that top 25 would get the new Lucky Brew Tap. Never was there a plan to distinguish the top 10 banner and all runners knew this going into the event. Changing them for top 10 constitutes a structural change to the rewards and not just a tweak. I can see legitimate concerns coming from top 25’s as a result.

The top 10 vanity item set on the other hand was ruined by bad information and poor implementation which gives us the resulting disappointment. Dressing up these items with a cool particle effect or aura seems like a fair thing to do - and it should come as soon as we have the next event items under control.

I have considered changing the whole design but I’m 100% certain that it would be divisive (even though I am certain that my change would be more beautiful). :-))

Particle fx (static and streaming/motion variants) are also being considered - they will be roughly as expensive (with respect to client frame rate) as an aura.

I would absolutely love to see the top 10 vanity set changed, and so you have my full support in doing this! You seemed to be debating between adding an effect/aura or changing the vanity completely... perhaps you could do both, then make a voting thread for the top 10 to decide which one they like better... just my friendly suggestion! ^~^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdager View Post
    I would absolutely love to see the top 10 vanity set changed, and so you have my full support in doing this! You seemed to be debating between adding an effect/aura or changing the vanity completely... perhaps you could do both, then make a voting thread for the top 10 to decide which one they like better... just my friendly suggestion! ^~^
    I like this greed of urs :3 , thumbs up for this idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by panedorin View Post
    I like this greed of urs :3 , thumbs up for this idea

It’s not greed haha, we (top 10) spent days non stop farming without sleep, and in return we received a vanity set anyone could get. All we want is recognition for our hard work.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,182 Posts

It’s definitely going to be either a particle or an aura :-)

After further consideration it seems like it would be an even bigger mistake for me to change the items entirely. Specifically for the outcry it will ignite among those who take issue with the quality of the preview post - let alone those who decided not to run and those who tempered their efforts due to the available info (and/ or lack thereof).

| | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdager View Post
    It’s not greed haha, we (top 10) spent days non stop farming without sleep, and in return we received a vanity set anyone could get. All we want is recognition for our hard work.
    Well yea, but as far as i know this is gonna be the first time something like this happened (if it will happen) and we should be a teeny bit more reserved maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

After further consideration it seems like it would be an even bigger mistake for me to change the items entirely. Specifically for the outcry it will ignite among those who take issue with the quality of the preview post - let alone those who decided not to run and those who tempered their efforts due to the available info (and/ or lack thereof).

Completely understandable and correct. There are people out there who may have prepared for the event and didnt actually run because of those problems.

P.S: +1 for aura #auragang

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Well yea, but as far as i know this is gonna be the first time something like this happened (if it will happen) and we should be a teeny bit more reserved maybe.

This is not the first time a lb vanity has been changed, however, it is the first time the event thread gave bad information (read quote)

...The top 10 vanity item set on the other hand was ruined by bad information and poor implementation which gives us the resulting disappointment. Dressing up these items with a cool particle effect or aura seems like a fair thing to do - and it should come as soon as we have the next event items under control.

And cinco has Verified it will happen, (read his previous posts), also top 10 players where all over 10k points ahead of 11th place and under players, even if the vanity was different from the start, the same 10 ppl in each class would more than likely be top 10. It is not any top leaderboard players fault that the preview said “gleaming golden brawler” and the event chest said “golden brawler” leading the lb players think the 2 where different items entirely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

*Says Tookyo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

+10000 enhancement. Doesnt matter which of those 2 as long as it is cool and noticable, main idea is to seperate it from the loots and make it look exclusive.

Gve us the *hard earned look* kind of effects √√√√

Tytytyty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

I am very happy and thrilled with this aura or partical solution Cinco, thank you so much for the consideration

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Would I be overstepping by suggesting a green aura similar to heroic Grimm's aura, when all pieces of top10 vanity is equipped?
    Kinda like the cryo set ya know but green in a clover shape @@

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfabeast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfabeast View Post
    Would I be overstepping by suggesting a green aura similar to heroic Grimm's aura, when all pieces of top10 vanity is equipped?

I love this idea +100000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Nice one Alfa . It can even be shaped as a clover!
    +1

Last edited by panedorin; 03-24-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

++++1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cinco, this back and forth decision is disappointing. It is NOT fair changing the reward after the event is over. Day 2 of the event,the screenshots of reward were posted and was confirmed that it is indeed the same as the one that can be looted from crates. You even justified it that the top 10 wont have to open crates to own the set. When you confirmed the reward everyone had a chance to either go on with top 10 or settle for lower rank. Now if you are going to change the reward after the event, does others still have a chance to make a decision to go for it? NO, right? I personally applaud you for recognizing that there was a mistake. Hope you learn from it to make future events and the game in general better. Lets move forward from this!
    Last edited by Prettylicious; 03-24-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prettylicious View Post
    Cinco, this back and forth decision is disappointing. It is NOT fair changing the reward after the event is over. Day 2 of the event,the screenshots of reward were posted and was confirmed that it is indeed the same as the one that can be looted from crates. You even justified it that the top 10 wont have to open crates to own the set. When you confirmed the reward everyone had a change to either go on with top 10 or settle for lower rank. Now if you are going to change the reward after the event, does others still have a chance to make a decision to go for it? NO, right? I personally applaud you for recognizing that there was a mistake. Hope you learn from it to make future events and the game in general better. Lets move forward from this!
    Well even with all those pictures and information, the name of the actual item was still different so therefore people would believe there is something special with it. People may have even ran the event for that very reason as they wanted a special vanity. And the core idea of a LB vanity to be accesable for any1 in the game with little to no effort, thats is the main issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well even with all those pictures and information, the name of the actual item was still different so therefore people would believe there is something special with it. People may have even ran the event for that very reason as they wanted a special vanity. And the core idea of a LB vanity to be accesable for any1 in the game with little to no effort, thats is the main issue.

If you say that is the main issue, may I remind you with the case of the balloon banners. People with little or no effort at all were able to obtain a LB reward. Even if the names were different the dev/mod confirmed they were in fact the same and gave the justification.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

In general its unfair for them to have the same set as the one from crates i think everybody can confirm. But... changing a lb vanity after it has given out should not be considered as a good idea. Imagine somebody doesnt like their set to look like that. Me personally wouldn't like to have an aura added to any of my vanity sets. You can still buy the original tradeable one but imagine somebody who would have run for such an aura vanity set, but not for the set as it looks now. As u change it u wont ever be able to make nobody complain now. I hope sts sees this as a suggestion to make all further lb sets unique so they don't need to change it afterwards. Im happy I dont have to decide what to do with those now, I have no answer.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 03-24-2019 at 07:13 PM. Reason: added quote

22. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post: