Thread: How are the 65 sets for bears?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default How are the 65 sets for bears?

Approaching 65 slowly, so I'm trying to plan out which set I'll be farming for first (strength or dex), so I'm curious what the bears with these sets have to say.

Care to share your experiences with the 65 sets? Crafted and non-crafted?

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

My two plat:

I am to cheap (and broke) for multiple sets atm so my bear is using the Crafted Sang Xbow set from my bird. I believe my hit is 133 and crit is 41. Armor is 144 with 2 crit/10 damage ring. This set plqces Stomp at 363 (max) and SMS at 373 (max). Figures are off the top of my head as I am driving around atm.

I havent gotten my hands on an Orlok set yet but from gathering info from other toons we are still stuck in the 94% hit range once crafted. Dodge and hs are both over 40(!!), damage is comparable to Demonic and armor is in the 220 range.

Sorry my info stinks!! LOL. I committed a sin and leveled my bird first. Please forgive me!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Lol @ crim.... I also committed a sin and leveled my bird first. Because of this I invested in the dex set thinking it (after crafted) would be comparable and better then the demonic dex set. IMO I was wrong.... don't get me wrong the crafted sang set is a decent set with great stats but it isn't as multi purpose as the demonic dex set was, meaning good for all classes... I have since rectified my past transgressions, sold my sang and equipped a full crafted orlok. Which is .... Well I'll let the stats speak for themselves but TBH bears have not gotten the short end of this stick by any means...lol

This is a screenie of Tank in full crafted Orlok. He is lvl65, has NO vanities equipped and stats are set minimum 150str and rest on dex. He does have the Mech-face which I believe adds +3hit % But basically this is the vanilla version of what you have to look forward to...lol

Hope it helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just picked up PL after not playing for a while and noticed the new sets. I was curious has anyone done a comparison with Demonic/Glyph versus the crafted Orlok set. I attempted to find one but didn't see one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KOLIBER View Post
    I just picked up PL after not playing for a while and noticed the new sets. I was curious has anyone done a comparison with Demonic/Glyph versus the crafted Orlok set. I attempted to find one but didn't see one.
    Orlok is better dodge, regain, armor, and crit... here is a pic of demonic str set but i'm pretty sure in this pic I have a 2dodge/8armor ring on... I could be wrong tho?

After work I'll set up a thread with all full comparison of both
    Last edited by TANKKAAR; 12-04-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well not as much of an upgrade as I expected. In fact it seems to me that its almost the same just give and take a few points here and there. Certainly won't be worth shelling out a ton of money on seeing as I have a strongman glyph set, and It would cost me a few mil for Orlok. The stats don't seem to justify the financial expense.
    Either way thanks for the help. It is appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Dagger set. The crafted dagger set has 195 armor (with founders helm) and 250 damage aswell as 750+ dps while buffed (with 10 damage ring). Although it has low low low dodge, the armor makes up for it and the crit is high. Or ypu can use a 9 armor ring to get 200 armor or more. Also i have 11 str 1 int and the rest dex. Nice set overall imo and great for tanking 135 hit or more.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Sweet! Tyvm for the inputs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Personally I've been sticking with a 63 Orlok 2H set as its not much different from the 65 set, aside from the fact that you can craft the 65 set. Not sure if I'll be crafting though, as I don't see it as *that* much of an upgrade over the base set, unlike Demonic. Also, the black goes WAAAAY better with my ensemble :P

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm about to buy a full crafted orlok. I'm hoping for the best! I'm saving my fury set for a while, sold my crafted fury.

I'm excited for new bear gear, but I wish it was more glowing like the hate or demonic/glyph.

Here's to hoping for great stats!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default wait a sec i thought founder helm was a vanity

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Dagger set. The crafted dagger set has 195 armor (with founders helm) and 250 damage aswell as 750+ dps while buffed (with 10 damage ring). Although it has low low low dodge, the armor makes up for it and the crit is high. Or ypu can use a 9 armor ring to get 200 armor or more. Also i have 11 str 1 int and the rest dex. Nice set overall imo and great for tanking 135 hit or more.
    wait a sec i thought founder helm was a vanity? even if it was, doesn't it give 1 armor like the rest of vanities? Finally, how do you get this founder's helm?

-willwacku

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

founders gives 5 damage and you had to have an account around june april in 2010 i think t get one