Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spacetime, we gotta talk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

I'm not going to read the five pages of posts but lowly, I completely agree. Especially the recycled maps. I miss the good stuff; AO3, sewers, even swamps! I like a challenge, not just a bunch of balefort castle enemy's with glowing eyes. I think sts has been putting more oomph into SL's campaigns as opposed to PL. I want a map with the epicness of ao3 and the awesomeness of the sewers. I'm bored of the recycled mobs/maps. I know you can only do so much with a game but I think PL lost its originality after ao3.

I agree with the dumb elixir too. Kill counts should be something to be proud of, not bought. As for lv 1's joining me? Well, let's just say they booted where the sun don't shine.
    Sts made themselves hipocrits when they released the new elixir. Bad enough 4x elixirs makes n00bs of us all; but, now we can get to the cap by leaching! Ok, a little far out, but you get what i mean. Thanks lowly, I hope STS takes our opinions into account.

My 2cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    OK, yes, i totally see what you asre saying.

But, lots of us have played mulitple mms. We know that devs of games have to periodically make HUGE HUGE HUGE changes. Are these peferct that everyone likes no. BUt people shold stop thinking of just them selves, their groups, their loot and think of the game as a whole.

People what all this stuff from sts, fresh content, low plat prices. Well, then we need thousands of new members.

The people who have been around time should care more about the game then just their own llittle world. Think of the game.

Compared to the changes of some games, these are small. And people are acting like sts is awful, when, I am always, everyday stunned at how really great we got it. We are so lucky. And the only people who speak up are the haters. When you getting people are getting their way, they a lot more silent.
    Now...you are getting cloudy.
    This started with the elixirs.
    We'll stay on the elixirs, mkay?

Now, let me please repeat this: Power Leveling made the game horrible. Power Leveling is just bad, that is pretty much common knowledge.
    Now...you don't remove a feature and then bring it back for platinum.

The elixirs may not have been about Power Leveling, but it sure seemed like it.
    We are not hating on STS, we are worrying about the future generation.

I hope this clears things up a lil'.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

The people who have been around time should care more about the game then just their own llittle world. Think of the game.
    This is were new players and old players clash. Old players have contributed countless hours and countless dollars to STS, and STS repayed us by stomping all over us. Kinda hard to help the the game if the only people who can help it have showed what they really think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    That's gonna get shut down so fast. That is under petitioning, and STS has a zero tolerance policy towards petitioning.

Basically, theres nothing that will change sts's mind. They release a 500plat pet, tons of people bought it, they test run a 1,500 plat pet, oh shhhnnaaggs!! people bought it! the only thing that would change sts's mind is if people stopped spending platinum.
    I was referring to suggestions and feedback forums. And I don't believe you caught my drift. I was saying, if people want things changed or added or completed, whatever, in the game, all they have to do is ask. I was basically meaning that would be a way to let the devs know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

This is were new players and old players clash. Old players have contributed countless hours and countless dollars to STS, and STS repayed us by stomping all over us. Kinda hard to help the the game if the only people who can help it have showed what they really think.
    This is kind of what I feel as well, but they aren't stomping on us, they're stomping on past/present/future gens, with those elixirs, and the extremely expensive...balloons?

Everybody.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    I was referring to suggestions and feedback forums. And I don't believe you caught my drift. I was saying, if people want things changed or added or completed, whatever, in the game, all they have to do is ask. I was basically meaning that would be a way to let the devs know.
    Oh I see what you mean. Yeah, suggestions section means nothing now. I still remember Arterra's list of suggested items that actually got implemented into the game. If someone made a new list for the last few months, it would be empty, see my drift?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo:502166
    OK, yes, i totally see what you asre saying.

But, lots of us have played mulitple mms. We know that devs of games have to periodically make HUGE HUGE HUGE changes. Are these peferct that everyone likes no. BUt people shold stop thinking of just them selves, their groups, their loot and think of the game as a whole.

People what all this stuff from sts, fresh content, low plat prices. Well, then we need thousands of new members.

Compared to the changes of some games, these are small. And people are acting like sts is awful, when, I am always, everyday stunned at how really great we got it. We are so lucky. And the only people who speak up are the haters. When you getting people are getting their way, they a lot more silent.
    Now...you are getting cloudy.
    This started with the elixirs.
    We'll stay on the elixirs, mkay?

Now, let me please repeat this: Power Leveling made the game horrible. Power Leveling is just bad, that is pretty much common knowledge.
    Now...you don't remove a feature and then bring it back for platinum.

The elixirs may not have been about Power Leveling, but it sure seemed like it.
    We are not hating on STS, we are worrying about the future generation.
    I agree, not everyone is hating, some are just saying their opinion. But no one is trying to even prove anything. They just make rash statements that revs up people's emotions, then they agree.

Power leveling is not the problem. These new elixrs are not going to be a problem. Low levels can't even use them except to zone into friends or guildies games. Why would anyone want to stop friends playing the game together.

Why does everyone want to control how other people play their game. It is their game to enjoy their way. Let people be to be happy and have fun.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    This is kind of what I feel as well, but they aren't stomping on us, they're stomping on past/present/future gens, with those elixirs, and the extremely expensive...balloons?

Everybody.
    Guess me and you feel different. Agree to disagree :P. The new elixirs I agree with though, isn't that like demolishing a wall that they put up during Myna's Gen?
    Why does everyone want to control how other people play their game. It is their game to enjoy their way. Let people be to be happy and have fun.
    Because humans are greedy and need instant gratification. I am assuming you weren't around during Myna's Gen days? Myna's Gen's were basically noobs who were end game level. It was that freedom to play the game how they wanted, when they wanted, that ultimately ruined soooo many peoples playing experience. Imagine playing in Mt. Fang with a team full of Level 10's. Thats how Myna's was.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 12-04-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah, suggestions section means nothing now. I still remember Arterra's list of suggested items that actually got implemented into the game. If someone made a new list for the last few months, it would be empty, see my drift?
    Oh yes, I hope my reply was not rude. Please forgive me if it was. I have posted the same list in Suggestions two times, along with it in Community Leaders discussion, an email to support, and PM's to Asommers, Sam, and Justg. The same list and nothing was done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I have been here since day 8, and heres how ive seen the levels. Forest have was the tradional starter lvl (nice easy and in a forest) then dark foresk got a kittle darker and a tad more fun. Then balefort which was cool (trolls and such) and then Fathom Crypts- man i loed thay campaign. I spent many hours fightin with my friends in MMMU. Which is a great level. Try running it over with lvl 25 team. With old gear, talk about fun. Anyways then Lost Expedition came out and I was like SWEET! Completely different looks (snow, ice, caves) along with new mobs and bosses. And then the swamps came out- and i was blown away. This was cool. New mobs, hard bosses (remember frogmar before the nerf?) and AMAZING weapons and armor. It was very creative. Not to mentio trading came out at this time so the game was way cooler. Then AO1 (i took a break atthis time- so ill skip) and then AO2. The start of the glory days. Shocklances, galaxy stafs, red scarabs and blasters and plasma sword were in full swing. It was a creative and fun campaign- good times under the dessert sun. And the Ao3- 1337. Nuff said. Bos tactics, sets, elite dungeons, staggerinf affects, portals and quests o my! It was great. Twinking was in full fledge, and life was even better in our golden halls. And then came te sewers- not a bad towne. And te mobs and bosses were good (evil ursans/elves and avians) and the quests were ok. But the items looked dumb! Many were recycled- and werebt worth trtig to fet a set imo. Not as many tactics for the levels- dull. A loss in creativity imo. But still every campaign cant be te best one right? And then nuri. Once again i was fighting zombies- except they had headphones. And the bosses werent fun. At leasts the items looked cool, if recycled. Alog with te loot. Another dip in creativity. And my leastfav campign. One second your in a circis and the next your in an underground cave thing? Wtf? And Then mount fang. Actually i like this campaign. The loots cool (well sorry mages) and te boss fight are really fun. But common- the same walls i used to fight in im balefort castle? We need more creative scenery- and skeleton mobs???? Aswell as many of tge same armor looks, the same drops and not as cool of mechanics. Recycled (but i still enjoy it imensly) I want more in a campaign. Something new and fun. I wanna e blown away like the swamps and Ao3. I sent an idea to samhayne and a thread on the forums about having the community design a campaign. Then we could get what we want. We have plenty of ideas! And they are very very good ideas. That is all i have to say.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Conradin For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    Oh yes, I hope my reply was not rude. Please forgive me if it was. I have posted the same list in Suggestions two times, along with it in Community Leaders discussion, an email to support, and PM's to Asommers, Sam, and Justg. The same list and nothing was done.
    Nah don't worry I don't take things rudely :P. Also, if I appear to be rude, not trying to be, I tend to come off really rude when I type >.<.

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin
    I sent an idea to samhayne and a thread on the forums about having the community design a campaign. Then we could get what we want. We have plenty of ideas! And they are very very good ideas. That is all i have to say.
    What was his reply?

Edit: Conrad, you've been around soo long, that your basically a wise monk !!

Drop some zen vibe, bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde:502178
    Because humans are greedy and need instant gratification. I am assuming you weren't around during Myna's Gen days? Myna's Gen's were basically noobs who were end game level. It was that freedom to play the game how they wanted, when they wanted, that ultimately ruined soooo many peoples playing experience. Imagine playing in Mt. Fang with a team full of Level 10's. Thats how Myna's was.
    Ok, yes, I see what you are saying. But:

1. Mynas Gen was nerfed almost a year ago.

2. Game is hugelyt different now.

3. People who have been here since Mynas Gen have huge friends list and guilds list to group with.

4. We have goa and aoa now.

5. We have aother efforts to increase training.

6. The elixrs cannot be used unless you zone into a friends or guildies group. Why does anyone think they should have the right to stop that.

7. People still have, well at least, should have some freedom to play the game the way the want to even if someone else doesn't approve.

8. I know people quake in their boots when they think of those days. But, got to give people some faith and credit.

9. Why try to control how someone else is playing just cuz you don't approve. Why do they have to meet with someone else's approval.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Guess me and you feel different. Agree to disagree :P. The new elixirs I agree with though, isn't that like demolishing a wall that they put up during Myna's Gen?

Actually that'd be fun.
    The only good thing thatcomes out of the elixirs is going up to higher levels.
    I'd just say they shouldn't allow xp/kills, just the ability to go.

Conrad, remember those times, when we 20 twinked together, and me,you,iddy,Z, and Joey ran through Plasma with our twinks? Good times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Calm Down, Peeps
    xBravvlX Lvl65 Bird l xGuardianx Lvl30 PvP Pally l xVanillax Lvl27 Pvp Mage l
    xLolipopx Lvl32 WarBird l
    Guardians Of Destiny Guild Master

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Does anyone realize the amount of people who use the forums vs. the amount of people who play the game? Players> forumers and it's not even close.

Listen, I know I am in the minority ON THE FORUMS when I say this: PL is what you make it. There are a vsriety of options, game styles, and content to chose from if anyone just takes a moment to use common sense qnd imagination. Plat is NOT necessary to play this game. Do I use it? Yep. Do I need it? Nope. Do I think PL could use a little more originality/fresh ideas? Sure. But let me proceed to shock the world:

- I am not freaking out because things are recycled.

- I could care less about my kdr or my lack of exsistence on the LB.

- I know how to use my boot button to keep leechers who are an inappropriate level out of my games.

- If I get booted from a game, I join another!

- If I am rushed in pvp, I get up and rush back or leave. Simple.

- News flash: there are more aspects to this game than end game. I have a secret toon which NOONE knows about and I love it!

Last, but not least, I haven't forgotten something important: PL is a game. That's right, a game. Do you think EA makes drastic changes from one Madden to the next? Nope. You think people complain? Yep. Does EA continue to rule the world in August of every single year? Yep.

Folks, we have choices in life. Choices which dictate our attitudes and actions. Games are fun and at times intense, but should never be treated as real life. You are kinda missing the point of a game when you do relate the two. But please remember, just because you spend money on a game (whether you feel you have too or not), does not give you the right to run the company.

*zips up flame suit*
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #116
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I wouldn't say it means nothing. As games grow it becomes more and more difficult to implement things suggest by a smaller group. The devs have to be focused more on the larger community at hand. Now that, doesn't mean that they aren't listening and paying very close attention.

One of the big reasons why myself and the other moderators are around is to help Sam keep a better eye on what the community is saying. Every day we look at what people are talking about and send them along to Sam to review, who then in turn sends to the dev team. And I'm sure you've seen Flip around here, who is very concerned about community feedback and doing things that the community wants to see.

You aren't going to get what you want every single time, and there may be some times where decisions are frustrating to you personally. You can't please everyone, but everyone can have a voice to get what they want. Just remember to keep speaking up with your ideas in a helpful, constructive manner and they will at the very least be listened to.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pandar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDeSTiNY View Post
    Calm Down, Peeps
    Not sure what this has to do with anything in the thread.
    We spend money.
    We have a right to get angry over our purchases that went to good at first, but then...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

You just mentioned all new devs except sam. Where are the ORIGINAL devs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Nah don't worry I don't take things rudely :P. Also, if I appear to be rude, not trying to be, I tend to come off really rude when I type >.<.
    We, nice to finally get acquainted with you. Call me WE. :P

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Actually that'd be fun.
    The only good thing thatcomes out of the elixirs is going up to higher levels.
    I'd just say they shouldn't allow xp/kills, just the ability to go.

Conrad, remember those times, when we 20 twinked together, and me,you,iddy,Z, and Joey ran through Plasma with our twinks? Good times.
    Ahh.... the old days .

I don't see why we need to pay platinum to get into a new map. Just unlock them to all levels and nerf kills and xp for 5 levels or lower then suggested level.