Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spacetime, we gotta talk

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Default Spacetime, we gotta talk

Alright so apparently we have hit an impasse, i have talked with numerous people and most the people i have talked to are unhappy with the way you guys have been taking the game for the last few months. What happened to the spacetime we players know and love? What happened to your sense of creativity and dedication to your players?

When Spacetime started it was a company by the players, for the players, dedicated to providing an epic gaming experience to everyone. Now it reminds me of big government, money grubbing and power hungry. Now i realize in the end spacetime is a business and you are in the business to make money to feed your families, but i have also read up on how spacetime is doing money-wise since the main spine was made free and with the additions of these last two campaigns. From what i read you are making more money than ever, yet your creativity is at an all time low. For the last 2 campaigns there have been massive cases of recycling, from the mobs to the overall look of the levels.

I mean if you really wanted to you could make an AMAZING campaign and completely blow everybody's minds but you dont. Why? Because you are perfectly happy making mediocre content because you are still making money regardless from people spamming elixers to make it to the cap to get some special item. (yes that is the exact reason you made the elite cap to begin with, all about the money) Now stay with me on this one, if you are making mediocre content now and still making money wouldn't it stand to reason that if you made completely epic content next you would make even more money? I'm no business wiz but i am pretty sure that's the overall premise of a business, spend money to make money.

And now to your recent decision to make "level anywhere" elixers. This decision just baffled me to no end at first, why would a company that attempted to outlaw powerleveling with the decision to make maps level restricted even think to make something like this? Now i know. I decided to join an AO2 game today to work on my 42 and saw something that just disgusted me, literally 20 locked games of Plasma Pyramid all with one person in them and the max level of the group was in the 60's. It actually shocked me so much that i had to put the game down.

Im gonna say something that 3/4 of people on this forum and 90% of people ingame are afraid to say.

Are you all insane?

Spacetime, you have officially lost my respect. Your poor decision to do this to your FIRST game, your baby, has rocked me to the core. I am honestly disappointed with you, i expected better from a group that used to always consider what the players wanted first and how it would affect you money flow second.

EDIT: I gave you guys a link to my suggestions for campaigns on par with AO3 somewhere in this pile of posts but i'll put it here for ease of finding it, check them out and let me know what you think when you get the time. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...uested-by-Javi
    Last edited by Lowlyspy; 12-04-2011 at 11:59 PM.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post: