Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spacetime, we gotta talk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Default Spacetime, we gotta talk

Alright so apparently we have hit an impasse, i have talked with numerous people and most the people i have talked to are unhappy with the way you guys have been taking the game for the last few months. What happened to the spacetime we players know and love? What happened to your sense of creativity and dedication to your players?

When Spacetime started it was a company by the players, for the players, dedicated to providing an epic gaming experience to everyone. Now it reminds me of big government, money grubbing and power hungry. Now i realize in the end spacetime is a business and you are in the business to make money to feed your families, but i have also read up on how spacetime is doing money-wise since the main spine was made free and with the additions of these last two campaigns. From what i read you are making more money than ever, yet your creativity is at an all time low. For the last 2 campaigns there have been massive cases of recycling, from the mobs to the overall look of the levels.

I mean if you really wanted to you could make an AMAZING campaign and completely blow everybody's minds but you dont. Why? Because you are perfectly happy making mediocre content because you are still making money regardless from people spamming elixers to make it to the cap to get some special item. (yes that is the exact reason you made the elite cap to begin with, all about the money) Now stay with me on this one, if you are making mediocre content now and still making money wouldn't it stand to reason that if you made completely epic content next you would make even more money? I'm no business wiz but i am pretty sure that's the overall premise of a business, spend money to make money.

And now to your recent decision to make "level anywhere" elixers. This decision just baffled me to no end at first, why would a company that attempted to outlaw powerleveling with the decision to make maps level restricted even think to make something like this? Now i know. I decided to join an AO2 game today to work on my 42 and saw something that just disgusted me, literally 20 locked games of Plasma Pyramid all with one person in them and the max level of the group was in the 60's. It actually shocked me so much that i had to put the game down.

Im gonna say something that 3/4 of people on this forum and 90% of people ingame are afraid to say.

Are you all insane?

Spacetime, you have officially lost my respect. Your poor decision to do this to your FIRST game, your baby, has rocked me to the core. I am honestly disappointed with you, i expected better from a group that used to always consider what the players wanted first and how it would affect you money flow second.

EDIT: I gave you guys a link to my suggestions for campaigns on par with AO3 somewhere in this pile of posts but i'll put it here for ease of finding it, check them out and let me know what you think when you get the time. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...uested-by-Javi
    Last edited by Lowlyspy; 12-04-2011 at 11:59 PM.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Now Lowly let us talk.

Spacetime can't make everyone happy, so it goes and makes the majority happy.

If you don't like it there is a suggestion section, and omit pretty sure many would agree since you seem to have amazing ideas.

If you think the maps and lvls are mediocre, suggest some stuff you'd like to see. Like what kind of mobs, or dungeons would look nice.

I can take it that your mad, but at what really? Are you mad because some of the content is repetitive or just because they are making more money yet they have the same content repetitive?

You may get some trolls, so keep your cool my friend.

- Javier
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I think its because the original STS hired more people and those new people are making less than like-able content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I disagree sts is trying hard theres no need to buy plat, its your choice

Want a graphic? Click my sig pic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wow lowly u sound real serious... And i agree, that power lvling enhancer really disapoints me. there would be no challenge in the game if you just skip 3, 4 dungeons all cause of one enhancer. im bummed :-/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default wow

Wow lowly....I respect you for this I've been waiting for a post like this for a long time, and I agree with you. When the trials (ao3) came out it blew my mind then sewers It was meh and then nuri's was good and then fang absoluatally was horrible, also the gear wasn't new other than the pinks and purple gear for the most part. That's why I quit playing the games...I'm only on the forums now I'm rarely on pl and or sl. Lowly I love ur choice of words by the way, and I couldn't type that without putting profane words in it i defiantly agree with you....STS what do u have to say to that post? Haha probably nothing one of the devs will probably end up removing it...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to helpguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have to half agree with all you. Spacetime has not blown us away with the last 2 campaigns, and the mobs are repetitive. However, I think you should put this in the suggestion section, and put down some ideas on new mobs.
    Last edited by Veoveoveo; 12-04-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

i am completely cool. If people decide to troll then so be it, thats what the little red triangle is for.

Im mainly a little miffed that they are recycling things purely because they assume all is well because they have a steady inflow of cash. I am also confused as to what happened after AO3 that convinced them that just recycling old content was ok. Recycling content has been the downfall of a few MMO's so far and i would prefer it not happen to game as awesome as PL.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dugantale:501937
    I disagree sts is trying hard theres no need to buy plat, its your choice

Look at it this way.

The reason the game is free is because of the plat buyers. No plat buyers = No free game. The people whom buy plat, are basically funding the game.

Don't want to buy plat? Download some free plat offers. STS gets some money out of that.

Like Sam said, its better than a poke in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne
    Free plat, it's like reverse advertising. We get paid by Tapjoy from the company who's app you downloaded. It's not much, but hey it's better than a poke in the eye, if you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:501941
    i am completely cool. If people decide to troll then so be it, thats what the little red triangle is for.

Im mainly a little miffed that they are recycling things purely because they assume all is well because they have a steady inflow of cash. I am also confused as to what happened after AO3 that convinced them that just recycling old content was ok. Recycling content has been the downfall of a few MMO's so far and i would prefer it not happen to game as awesome as PL.

PL won't have a downfall, too many players use it. Now if it began to come to that, there would be much more stuff added and things would change.
    Last edited by javier995; 12-04-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I dont really know what to say lowly. All I can say is wow.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
    I dont really know what to say lowly. All I can say is wow.
    That's what I thought at first but then I thought, how long have I been waiting for a post like this? Well the answer came to me, since nuris came out and I respect lowly for this an I agree with him to....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Cleared, OP asked me
    Last edited by Sorcererssoul; 12-04-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcererssoul:501948
    I do not know how long you are playing this game, but in the last couple of months, sts made me dissapointed with almost every update, and I know alot of people who feel the same way.

What exactly disappoints you about the updates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

But it's ironic to stop power leveling by locking levels but then bringing it back, with a cost. In the old days, 10 plat could buy a campaign and any character of any level could enter. Now 10 plat buys 50 minutes of any campaign at any level.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Piosidon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Cleared
    Last edited by Sorcererssoul; 12-04-2011 at 06:35 PM.
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Veoveoveo View Post
    I have to half agree with both of you. Spacetime has not blown us away with the last 2 campaigns, and the mobs are repetitive. However, I think you should put this in the suggestion section, and put down some ideas on new mobs.
    With both of who?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcererssoul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by javier995:501950
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcererssoul:501948
    I do not know how long you are playing this game, but in the last couple of months, sts made me dissapointed with almost every update, and I know alot of people who feel the same way.

What exactly disappoints you about the updates
    Lol.... It is like you dont even read the OP's post.
    That is what disappoints me, the gold to plat elixer change, reclying over and over, let twinking die then bring it back for plat, destroy the fun of scaled farming, if you need to ask me what disappoints me then you are ignorant.
    Please do not call skel ignorant he is a freind of mine an old guild mate he is not even close to ignorant....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default wait!

Wait did that just give my identity away? Mwahahahha I hope not 0.0 nobody shal ever find out! Mwaahahahahahah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcererssoul:501958
    Lol.... It is like you dont even read the OP's post.
    That is what disappoints me, the gold to plat elixer change, reclying over and over, let twinking die then bring it back for plat, destroy the fun of scaled farming, if you need to ask me what disappoints me then you are ignorant.
    First off don't troll. Scroll up a bit and you'll see I was the first post, therefore I did read the thread.

Second you quoted someone else saying that, therefore you weren't clear on what disappointed you. If you would have quoted Lowly, I wouldn't have asked you what disappoints you.

Third, don't call people names on the forums because that's pretty much trolling.

Now before you hit the submit button next time, read what you said. Now if you'd be so kind as to not troll any longer before I use that little red button. Kk Ty.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javier995 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Cleared
    Last edited by Sorcererssoul; 12-04-2011 at 06:36 PM.
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness