Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spacetime, we gotta talk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I'm a bit curious as to where the numbers from the thread are coming from. Eg. Amount of money their making, how many people are playing, how little people are paying, how many people should be happy, etc.

A review could be saying that STS is making a killing, but that's the revenue side. We don't know the operation side. For all we know, STS could just be breaking even. We don't really know how much they spend on their crew, hardware, software, etc.

We also don't know how the people in the forum actually affect their revenue. Heck, we don't even know how many people are in game at any given time. For all we know, the forum community could be as low as 1% of the active player base.

There's this saying, 20% of the people do 80% of the work. That 20% in PL may not even be on the forums.

I'm not disagreeing with the OP, because I too feel like something new and exciting would be awesome, I just try to put this into context when thinking about it.

Think about it, if we really are just 1-10% of the total player base, while the remaining 90% are spending willfully and freely, we can be vocal about it, but STS will still act in the interest of that 90%.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellyidol For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Firstable I'd like to thank you Lowly for one of the most well thought and written thread I've seen.

I completely agree with you in everything you have stated here.

The "new" content is not as well thought as they were before. Best example is AO3. I was completely blown by it's looks and playability. The enemies and bosses were cool and yet funny. With also humorous storyline it is the best campaign I've ever played in any game.

The lvl 50 cap was also the best IMO. It lasted so long and the devs made the Cyber set and also the Mystery set. I think that they were the "Elite caps". Collecting those totems and shards were the way to show how much you have played the game.

What came after AO3? Sewers? No, they made another lvl 50 campaign, the Shadow Caves with new sets. I loved how long the lvl 50 cap lasted. Instead of making new cap campaigns I think it would be better to stay for a bit longer in each cap and make new Cyber kind of sets and new Shadow Caves like of campaigns. No need to rush to new caps with only mediocre campaigns.

The quality of the new campaigns really have been lowering since AO3. Sewers were yet playable. They actually had the first useful orange equipment. There were no need to pay 1m for good endgame equipment.

Nuri. Those super enemies and another elite cap encouraged ppl to use those 4x elixers even more. Only useful equipment were pinks but there was a wide category of them.

Now we come to the Fang. The enemies aren't as super hard as they were on Nuri's but they sure are more endurable and they seem to dodge a lot. Equipment? Only actually useful items are the pinks and there are ONLY 2 diffirent pink items for each build (sanguine and vampyr for Dex).

The best way to notice this downfall of the campaigns is the amount of players in other campaigns. There are only lvl 50-55 in Sewers, only lvl 55-60 in Nuri's and so on. How about AO3?

There is a great amount of diffirent lvl players constantly running K'Sarr and T'Paxx. Why? Cyber set and the awesome dungeons. When there is something what to come for to another campaign than your lvl is, then it has to be a good campaign.

This might be a problem in the future. If there are only those few players who just need to lvl up, will there be enough diffirent runs for ppl to remain their interest? It would be boring to lvl up about 15lvls just with a few ppl. This is MMORPG and other ppl are one of the best sides of the whole category.

Just my two cents but I certainly hope this thread makes the devs think.
    Last edited by dudetus; 12-05-2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: typoes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 13lacklegionz View Post
    The devs have not removed any posts/threads with criticism for the sole reason that it's criticism.
    I've seen a few threads disappear for no other apparent reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Im not reading all but spendings plat are our really freedom. I just hope they are price correctly... The 4x elixirs are really expensive when your on it... The powerlvling are the old day pl but it was free then... I enjoyed it actually ..,

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I have to agree with OP fears. I have seen less and less creativity in the last camapaigns.
    Sewers :
    GOOD -> accessing special leves trough actual campaing levels
    BAD -> recicled weapons
    Nuri:
    GOOD -> the last level of the campaign
    BAD -> recycled trash to rare items
    Fang:
    GOOD -> finally some good-looking bosses and some tactics (not all and that saddens me)
    BAD -> recicled trash to rare items, to ambience, to enemies.

As i said numerous times we need get an hold on half-baked mechanics (crafting and pets) and implements new ones (minigames, high level instances present in lower level campaings, more intermediate maps like croc feud, more eye candies ...).

As for now I feel getting to the end level cap like a torture more than an enjoynment.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Onaraasider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

lowly, i understand most of what ur saying and why your mad,but i never expected this from you, to criticize STS like this, as i have said many times they are working as hard as possible and they are people so they make mistakes too.(250 replies in a day!!!...wow)
    Thanks to Aaroniero Arruruerie for the wonderful signature
    tap green thumb or thanks button if i helped!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post

And now to your recent decision to make "level anywhere" elixers. This decision just baffled me to no end at first, why would a company that attempted to outlaw powerleveling with the decision to make maps level restricted even think to make something like this? Now i know. I decided to join an AO2 game today to work on my 42 and saw something that just disgusted me, literally 20 locked games of Plasma Pyramid all with one person in them and the max level of the group was in the 60's.

EDIT: I gave you guys a link to my suggestions for campaigns on par with AO3 somewhere in this pile of posts but i'll put it here for ease of finding it, check them out and let me know what you think when you get the time. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...uested-by-Javi
    Lowly, I was probably one of those level 60 plus players in a locked Plasma run. I farm pots in Plasma. And the gold isn't bad either. I'm lvl 66 now so there's no xp for me any how. Believe it or not a lot of players don't know u can farm pots. LOL. I've taught a lot of my guild mates how to farm pots and plasma is a good place to do it. Please don't assume that everyone in a locked plasma run is leveling in there. Some of us are just farmers trying to save a coin or 2. :-). Personally I've saved over 10k in gold by farming for 30 min or so every other day or so. (once I learned how to do it myself) LOL
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onaraasider View Post
    lowly, i understand most of what ur saying and why your mad,but i never expected this from you, to criticize STS like this, as i have said many times they are working as hard as possible and they are people so they make mistakes too.(250 replies in a day!!!...wow)
    Seeing their previous work, we're just saying they can do better, like the last 2 campaigns have simply reused the trash drops from AO3, and u say 'criticize' like its bad o_O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onaraasider:502674
    personally I think more people should criticize them but a lot are afraid of being banned, however if u notice how I made the OP very respectful (mostly) and kept vulgarity out of it. Really you can say watever u want on this forum, so long as you follow the ToS.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #230
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Obviously a lot of passion in this thread. I need to remind you to please keep it civil, both to each other and to us. We're busting our tails to make a great game that you can play for free while trying to make a successful business out of it. We've read through everything here, gonna lock it now.

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com