Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spacetime, we gotta talk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcererssoul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helpguy:501963
    Quote Originally Posted by javier995:501950
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcererssoul:501948
    I do not know how long you are playing this game, but in the last couple of months, sts made me dissapointed with almost every update, and I know alot of people who feel the same way.

What exactly disappoints you about the updates
    Lol.... It is like you dont even read the OP's post.
    That is what disappoints me, the gold to plat elixer change, reclying over and over, let twinking die then bring it back for plat, destroy the fun of scaled farming, if you need to ask me what disappoints me then you are ignorant.
    Please do not call skel ignorant he is a freind of mine an old guild mate he is not even close to ignorant....
    Err... I am talking about javiers post
    Oh...I feel stupid now :rollyeyes:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995:501950
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcererssoul:501948
    I do not know how long you are playing this game, but in the last couple of months, sts made me dissapointed with almost every update, and I know alot of people who feel the same way.

What exactly disappoints you about the updates
    That is what disappoints me, the gold to plat elixer change, reclying over and over, let twinking die then bring it back for plat, destroy the fun of scaled farming, if you need to ask me what disappoints me then you are ignorant.
    Not trying to pick a fight with you or anything, but how is he ignorant? In your first post you just said you were disappointed. Then in the next post you said why, but you didn't even give him a chance to reply before you called him ignorant. Also how do you know he doesn't read OP? Unless he told you or you are him don't assume that quickly.
    Last edited by Piosidon; 12-04-2011 at 05:51 PM.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcererssoul:501958
    First off don't troll. Scroll up a bit and you'll see I was the first post, therefore I did read the thread.

Second you quoted someone else saying that, therefore you weren't clear on what disappointed you. If you would have quoted Lowly, I wouldn't have asked you what disappoints you.

Third, don't call people names on the forums because that's pretty much trolling.

Now before you hit the submit button next time, read what you said. Now if you'd be so kind as to not troll any longer before I use that little red button. Kk Ty.
    Wow jav wow haha I didn't expect u to say that, from the comment!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default ok

Ok....now this thread is just getting to be flame ally haha please don't flame anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Cleared
    Last edited by Sorcererssoul; 12-04-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Cleared
    Last edited by Sorcererssoul; 12-04-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Jesus, can a person even post a thread anymore without it erupting into an inferno?

might as well pm for a lock now.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Alright so apparently we have hit an impasse, i have talked with numerous people and most the people i have talked to are unhappy with the way you guys have been taking the game for the last few months. What happened to the spacetime we players know and love? What happened to your sense of creativity and dedication to your players?

When Spacetime started it was a company by the players, for the players, dedicated to providing an epic gaming experience to everyone. Now it reminds me of big government, money grubbing and power hungry. Now i realize in the end spacetime is a business and you are in the business to make money to feed your families, but i have also read up on how spacetime is doing money-wise since the main spine was made free and with the additions of these last two campaigns. From what i read you are making more money than ever, yet your creativity is at an all time low. For the last 2 campaigns there have been massive cases of recycling, from the mobs to the overall look of the levels.

I mean if you really wanted to you could make an AMAZING campaign and completely blow everybody's minds but you dont. Why? Because you are perfectly happy making mediocre content because you are still making money regardless from people spamming elixers to make it to the cap to get some special item. (yes that is the exact reason you made the elite cap to begin with, all about the money) Now stay with me on this one, if you are making mediocre content now and still making money wouldn't it stand to reason that if you made completely epic content next you would make even more money? I'm no business wiz but i am pretty sure that's the overall premise of a business, spend money to make money.

And now to your recent decision to make "level anywhere" elixers. This decision just baffled me to no end at first, why would a company that attempted to outlaw powerleveling with the decision to make maps level restricted even think to make something like this? Now i know. I decided to join an AO2 game today to work on my 42 and saw something that just disgusted me, literally 20 locked games of Plasma Pyramid all with one person in them and the max level of the group was in the 60's. It actually shocked me so much that i had to put the game down.

Im gonna say something that 3/4 of people on this forum and 90% of people ingame are afraid to say.

Are you all insane?

Spacetime, you have officially lost my respect. Your poor decision to do this to your FIRST game, your baby, has rocked me to the core. I am honestly disappointed with you, i expected better from a group that used to always consider what the players wanted first and how it would affect you money flow second.

Feel Better?

We are playing a Free to Play MMO. You do not have to buy anything to experience end game content. When this game first came out the bosses where not unique as in mechanics wise. I think STS has made so much progress with there dungeons. Since really A03 boss mechanics seemed to come to play. I do agree the new elixir is ridiculous but it will not ruin our game experience. Just boot the lower levels or make private games.

Over time it seems the players have been greedy and demanding.... not the devs.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoarPewPew For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Lowly, like so many others have said, this is a great post. And, I totally agree with you on the idea that we need fresh, new content.

Look at and compare the differences between the all the various maps through Alien Oasis. When I would enter a zone, completely unlike the other zones, it was this HUGE wow factor.

Yes, everyone is clamoring for fresh and more creative content. But huge chuncks of new content costs millions of dollars. That is why the profit from plat is not just going to feed their families but to invest in the company to make it big.

There is a lot of mobille video games in development that will be competitors. I think STS is under a HUGE amount of pressure and trying to get ready as best as possible.

People are so worried about these new elixrs. They don't need to. I know people are afraid that it going to bring back Mynas Gen. But, it's not, the devs have already thought of that and fixed tat problem. If a lower level wants to go to a higher zone from some reasonn they can only do it through the freinds list or guild list. So, it's ok. Not really going to affect the people who don't use them.

Why do you think there were 20 one-person groups in AO today? Because that is so many people's favorite level. It is so awesome. It has been my fav from the second I first zoned it. So, what we have is 20 people happy and having fun -- why is that bad? Plus, I am assuming that they are supporting the game by buying the new plat. That is a total win-win, guys.

I know people are worried, but not really a big reason to do so.

And, I know that you feel strongly about this, lowly, but, what makes you think that 90% of the people in game are afraid to tell sts that they don't like it. You'd have to talk to 1800 people to know that.

Idk, but I got a feeling that STS has already done some market research. Then this 1 plat period is prob like a second stage market research activity,

Any way, just some thoughts. Hope you don't think I'm trolling. Just putting some thoughts out there. I am so optimistic about these elixrs, I really hope they work out.

Have fun
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

When did I say I was upset cuz I had to buy anything? anyone mind answering that?

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcererssoul:501982
    Use that cute red button as much as you want.
    Also when I am posting in an thread, and I am saying the updates disappoint me, you clearly see that I agree with the OP.
    Also I am not calling you names, I am simply stating the obvious.
    I really do not know why people like you are always in favor of sts, while everyone can see sts is currently taking the wrong path.
    Also, I don't know how many dislikes you can give me, but go ahead and use them all
    If you would have quoted the OP, I wouldn't have asked you. You quoted someone else's reply, therefore you weren't clear (to me it wasn't clear) on what exactly disappointed you.

People like me? Lets see explain how 'people like me' are always in favor of STS?

Now read what I said, I didn't agree nor did I disagree with Lowly. You accuse me of not reading the OP, why don't you take a look at the first post in the thread. Read it and tell me if I said once that I'm in favor of STS.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Jesus, can a person even post a thread anymore without it erupting into an inferno?

I would do the same.....and yea when ever there is a thread similar or alike in a way to this it just turns into a flaming inferno volcano type thing haha

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

When did I say I was upset cuz I had to buy anything? anyone mind answering that?
    I will...you never said that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:501988

Sorry, I have changed my replies to make them less flameable
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:501993
    Never, some may take it as that but you didn't. Don't pm for a lock, not yet anyways. Lets see what others have to say about the OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

So posting my thoughts when I get my Laptop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Lowly, I don't think anayone was talking about you specifically.

You don't have to boot lower levels. The only way lower levels can zone in is through friends list or guild roster.

STS has told us why they making these elixrs available. So to let friends play to gether and make it more fun for current players and the 1000's and 1000's of new players that we need.

I agree with you lowly, when you suggest that sts can probably make even more money if instead of recycling content they used tons of fresh, epic content. I think so too. But, it's gonna cost millions to make that content. Then the profit margin will depend on how many new people are playing.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default anyways

WE....I'm thinking it's something bad? As in somewhat profane? Haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle:502004
    So posting my thoughts when I get my Laptop.

Post now! Get that danger phone and cramp up your fingers like I'm doing! I kid I kid. Hurry and get your laptop bro I want to see what you think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree too. Mount fang is alike to balefort castle where the mobs are just different. No offense.

Edit: Lowly, Calm down too.
    Last edited by JDeSTiNY; 12-04-2011 at 06:06 PM.
    xBravvlX Lvl65 Bird l xGuardianx Lvl30 PvP Pally l xVanillax Lvl27 Pvp Mage l
    xLolipopx Lvl32 WarBird l
    Guardians Of Destiny Guild Master