Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If XP-anywhere-elixir stays..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    The issue is not on the fact that you can gain xp in lower level maps, that's a normal thing in MMO's, the issue is, the xp is linear, which is so wrong. For anyone who doesn't have any idea what I'm talking about, for instance, in a previous MMO I played, at level 5, xp requirement is 1000, level 5 dungeon, each enemy gives me roughly 100 xp per kill. Fast forward, I'm now level 75, xp requirement is 500,000, I will still gain the same 100 xp from that level 5 dungeon regardless of whatever.
    I guess the point is mute, because I can't see STS doing anything to change their system, but I'm curious--what happens in the higher level dungeons, i.e., amount of xp per kill, in this game you played?
    Uepauke
    PL mage (66) and SL engineer (25), also Loonybird (65) in PL and others
    Alterran Royal Guard and The Farmers' Collective

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uepauke View Post
    I guess the point is mute, because I can't see STS doing anything to change their system, but I'm curious--what happens in the higher level dungeons, i.e., amount of xp per kill, in this game you played?
    It also goes up...I can't quote since I might be violating something but it goes something like this:

Formula (You get a bonus if you solo, you multiply it by 5, if not, then no multiplier just mob level+assigned xp), so your premium is "soloing", it's like its in-game elixir but soloing isn't easy by all means:

Map 1 (For level 1-10): (Mob Level * 5) + 100
    Map 2 (For level 11-30): (Mob Level * 5) + 150
    Map 3 (For Level 31-40): (Mob Level * 5) + 250
    Map 4 (For Level 41-50): (Mob Level * 5) + 300
    Map 5 (For Level 51-60): (Mob Level * 5) + 350
    Map 6 (For Level 61-75): (Mob Level * 5) + 400

You have access to the entire map, no restrictions, xp all over the world, at your own risk. Mobs are harder of course. You have to inflict a certain amount of damage to a mob to actually get a share of the xp and loots, so you can't just leech and do nothing. That's actually very very basic, the formula isn't even complete yet because I'm lazy now, but it's something in that effect. I'm not assigning accurate numbers because it requires too much effort for just a simple point. This is by far a more legitimate leveling up system than the one PL does now. Guess what, the game's been around for like 6 years now, and one of the best, if not the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Darn it, that sounds good. Currently, in PL, level means nothing to me, people could have bought their way to 66. Kills are going to mean little too, because people can up their kill counts by going to low level dungeons with the new elixir. And, tbh, I actually think a certain proportion of deaths is fine as it might indicate someone that didn't just leap out of a game the moment the going got tough. But in that game's system, the kills and level actually have a significance, are an achievement to be proud of.
    Uepauke
    PL mage (66) and SL engineer (25), also Loonybird (65) in PL and others
    Alterran Royal Guard and The Farmers' Collective