Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The 12/5 Recap - Dev Feedback on Level Access, Heyzap refinements, Bug Fixes, Holiday

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default The 12/5 Recap - Dev Feedback on Level Access, Heyzap refinements, Bug Fixes, Holiday

Happy Monday, Dec. 5th everyone!

I wanted to give you a recap of some of the hot topics and development stuffs from around the Spacetime Headquarters. We will be patching shortly and I wanted to give a head's up to things being worked on:

High level and Low Level Premium Access - We appreciate everyone's input on this issue over the weekend. For those just tuning in, check out the official feedback thread here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Dungeon-Access To reiterate, the intent of this Premium option is to allow lower level players who have higher level players to play with them, or vice versa (higher levels to play with lower level friends). Additionally, for higher level players to have some options as to where they gain exp, rather than only having the very latest expansion as a place to grind. We know what it's like to get to the elite level cap. We will be changing the price up to 5 Platinum. The intent is with the Platinum price is to have something of a barrier where people are less likely to abuse it and end up annoying other players. Thanks again for everyone's feedback on the issue.

Heyzap pop up - We recently joined the Heyzap social network and implemented the hooks to the game for users to check in when playing. You can read the original announcement here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Heyzap-Network! There are some bugs with the implementation that are a bit annoying (that the pop up comes up more than it should, for example) so we will be disabling Heyzap while we correct the underlying issue. Look for Heyzap to come back in the near future in a more refined fashion.

Guild and Friend lists Bugs - The most recent update included a couple of annoying bugs with the Guild and Friends list. We have fixes for these issues which will be going out shortly.

Crashing on logging in - We are also tracking a couple issues that are keeping players from logging in to games after updating to the new client. For iOS users, if you're able to update to OS4 or OS5 (depending on your device) from OS3, that should do it. We're re-submitting a new client through Apple that should correct the problem for users using an older device that can only use OS version 3.

For Android users, if you get a message saying you your device is not compatible, you can download the .APK directly. For more information and troubleshooting of Android installs, please see this support message: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...-on-my-android

Holiday Event - The team is hard at work putting the finishing touches on the holiday content for Pocket Legends and Star Legends. For Pocket Legends you can expect content similar to last year's event, but with a number of new items. We learned from this year's Halloween Event that the fans want new items, so that is what we are working to deliver for the December Holidays. For Star Legends you might even get to a certain malfunction of the USC Blackstar's climate control systems resulting in a frozen H20 particulate (snow!). Look for the Holiday events to roll out later this month.

Next Chapter in the Blackstar Chronicles - For Star Legends players, the next chapter to the Blackstar Chronicles is poised for release. We will be releasing further information from the drones investigating Planet Voltaria. Early investigation attempts resulted in pretty poor data recovery. Take a look here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Planet-Volaria The next chapter will raise the level cap to 40 (41 for the elite) and the current lvl 36 elite vanity helms will no longer be available. Expect this next campaign for Star Legends to come out later this month, probably in the same update as the Holiday event.

Please use this thread to post your replies to the above announcement. Thanks in advance for keeping the discussion friendly and constructive!
    Last edited by Samhayne; 12-05-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Cool!! Glad to see you guys are handling things well.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Finally! All these new fixes and content sounds amazing as it will be my first PL christmas and SL also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Thank you, Sam. Looking forward to the changes.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Any chance at a 24-hour notice when SL gets updated?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Nice! I was planning on getting a santa suit since I'm my guild's santa lol. So I'm getting plat soon!
    (SY is released when the Halloween event did, now Volaria might on the Christmas one *speculation*)

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Forgot about the crash stuff and added in this item to the above report:

Crashing on logging in - We are also tracking a couple issues that are keeping players from logging in to games after updating to the new client. For iOS users, if you're able to update to OS4 or OS5 (depending on your device) from OS3, that should do it. We're re-submitting a new client through Apple that should correct the problem for users using an older device that can only use OS version 3.

For Android users, if you get a message saying you your device is not compatible, you can download the .APK directly. For more information and troubleshooting of Android installs, please see this support message: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...-on-my-android
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

interesting, first of is the dungeon lvl elixir. Is it only limited to 5min or are you gonna add 30min ones?
    second of all, is the holiday event the same as the Halloween event like rental items and such?
    lastly...and this is just my curiosity...i wonder what kind of elite lvl vanity they will release this time...chest, feet, arms or back...hmm
    Westlyford-Operative(Main)
    Killerade-Commando
    Creatanhealer- Engineer

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Wait, so your solution to 'fix' something that makes the game fun is to raise the price???? You HAVE to be kidding!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Wait, so your solution to 'fix' something that makes the game fun is to raise the price???? You HAVE to be kidding!
    I agree entirely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Cool update Sam! This is fantastic because it shows you what you are working on!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

When are these 'improvements' going to happen. I was hopping to get the Inaugural (and apparently final) run of the PL Marathon going tonight, and I need to know if I should cancel it.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Yay so old holiday items wont be in this holoday!!! Yay im so excited
    Last edited by maneatingtree; 12-05-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Lol they are raising the price...They are gunna get trolled sooo bad...Also I think they will still have old items they are just adding new items.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Aww thats no good but still new items is good!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

In that perspective, I agree.

On the bright side, at least the fix came relatively quick - hopefully.

I can only foresee that more people will feel angst towards this. It increases the gap between the platinum and non-platinum spenders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I can only foresee that more people will feel angst towards this. It increases the gap between the platinum and non-platinum spenders.
    I suspect this gap is going to slowly increase with time as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    In that perspective, I agree.

On the bright side, at least the fix came relatively quick - hopefully.

The speed of the 'fix' makes the sting hurt slightly less, but I still feel like I got burned really bad. They introduce a fun way to play the game for the price of 12 plat an hour, and once I realized how fun it was, they are now raising it to 60 plat an hour.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Sorry to police Sam but you said planet "Voltaria", is it this or "Volaria"? They both sound über-cool so im happy with both!
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

The speed of the 'fix' makes the sting hurt slightly less, but I still feel like I got burned really bad. They introduce a fun way to play the game for the price of 12 plat an hour, and once I realized how fun it was, they are now raising it to 60 plat an hour.
    Agree, was starting to have fun.

I'm a bit surprised that the bigger issue for them was the XP-issue for it instead of the kill count/Leaderboard issue. I would have been perfectly happy if they disabled kill counts but kept the rest.

I'm aware of the XP "abuse" that this may have brought, though I thought the next best thing would have been to tweak the latest campaign rather than the one thing that would allow us to re-use pretty much any campaign.