Thread: Remove the new elixirs or change price back to 1 plat?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Default Remove the new elixirs or change price back to 1 plat?

First I will start off explaining to you 1 plat almost anyone can get by doing a tapjoy offer. This way it would be fair to those who dont tapjoy all day and those who don't buy plat. If this isn't changed then you might as well remove elixir which was the problem in the first place. Why? Because to those who can't even afford 5 plat, it wouldn't be fair to them. The runs in Mt. Fang crypt would be slow. No platters wouldn't have a chance for 66 or the next cap. everyone who can get elixir is off going to do plasma runs or some easier place. It's also messing up the PVE boards. You can get there with no effort. Just buying thrashers and soloing runs and using that elixir. Even though I'm halfway to 66, I'm pretty sure the elixir still gives you kills at 66. I hope STS gets to read this and consider the suggestions I made.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Swimmingstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Does the elixir for xp give you more than daily?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Draopwnzall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I am half with u on here 5 plat for five mins? That is the biggest waste of time implementing you could have used that time more productively like new ideas, items and so on. If any change should have made maybe make it 2 plat (little more reasonable) but for the people bashing the elixer in general look at it this way it is only 5 mins its not that big of deal if ppl wanna spend 6 plat an hour which now is actually an attrocious 30 an hour thats up to them it wasnt hurting anything but their own experience of the game. But thats my two cents. 5 plat i dunno my brain is definately fried on this one one statement explains it all LOL

6. The Following User Says Thank You to onemadzhau For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

If it was 2 plat it'd be more reasonable, as 5 plat for 5 mins is a bit extreme, even for me and my superfluous plat spending.

-------AEO-------

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Me and the rest of my 1 percenter friends disagee. Muahahaha! 5 plat elixirs or nothing!

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

umm pve lbs u clueless dude anyone who has every used any kind of elixer need not wine about anything.. and the ppl on the kd leaderboards should b removed, xp off button glitch, hello..
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Ahhh STS you had it perfect at 1 plat, if its 5 plat can we at least get 10 or 15 minutes out of it?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Again, the xp all over Alterra isn't an issue since that mechanic has been a norm in most, if not all, MMO's. If anything, you guys should be mad you're being charged for it because no other MMO charges it (directly). The problem is the linearity of the xp gained. If you kill a monster in say Balefort, it wouldn't be that significantly low compared to if you kill monsters in Nuris. Common Sense! It's like in real life I kill a bear and the next guy who killed a rabbit gets the same credit, WHAT KIND OF SYSTEM IS THAT? OMG ARRGH!!! (I'm not mad, that's just an expression) The XP system is broken. I already posted an example on this and too lazy to re-post. It totally disregards the degree of difficulty of each dungeon which is a fatal flaw in this equation (and people seem to focus on the elixir when, in fact, it's not problem, that's the wrong problem, the system of xp is broken! That's the real issue here and STS is covering it up with elixirs and stuff like that and you guys are buying it so in the end it's all your - general - fault for buying STS' excuse for not being efficient...).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default now that i think about it

When I look back on my fond memories of FF and Chronotrigger I'd have to say you're right - they did grant xp regardless of my level. But the devs are probably not going to change it and the lixirs are going to stay, so my next statements are based on that assumption.

Think of the 5 plat as a convenience fee similar to an ATM. I'm out partying with friends and the bar only accepts cash so instead of calling it a night, I pay for the convenience of getting additional cash, in this case xp.

Like everyone has stated ad nauseum, STS is not forcing you to buy plat or this elixir; one CAN have fun in this game without the use of said plat SO if you want to gain xp in an area where the enemies are scaled at MUCH less difficulty, pay for that convenience. Remember all the OPTIONS and FREEDOM OF CHOICE everyone was hailing as the reason WHY they loved these new elixirs so much (regardless of the repercussions)? Well the freedom to choose sometimes has a cost and sometimes those costs increase.
    Last edited by kallima; 12-06-2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Unnecessary to quote above post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Ouch. I'm pretty sure I bought a couple of those thinking they were still 1 plat.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)