Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feeling a bit sad at what I have seen in PL the last few months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Feeling a bit sad at what I have seen in PL the last few months

I started playing PL a little over a year ago now on my droid and continue to enjoy it to this day on my iphone/ipad. I have seen this game go through many changes. Some I have been happy about and some I have not. I remember when you could play any level after buying for plat and just explore. Not looking for power leveling help, but just to have fun and play where you enjoyed. Then that was taken away and most maps became free. So I lost that part of enjoyment, but I received a shield of gratitude. Not happy, but never complained... Now elixers that let you play anywhere for 1 plat and gain experience. Now raised to 5 plat from what I read today..... Strange to say the least. Also playing in mt fang and seen level 10's in the game with me. Ok shock, but then I realized the was a plat elixer for that. Ok this getting interesting..... I feel like the freebies got taken away and replaced with charges via plat to get the things we had before, but for new players they didn't know that anyway so no problem for them there. Without making this like a rant (because it is not meant to be) lets move on. Here is what is making me feel sad for us Pocket Legends lovers. I am seeing more and more people both in game and on this forum arguing over what is right and wrong for the developers to do. Or over what they have done already and it is something that I have seen in other games across my game career if you would like to call it that lol. Basically the game starts to feel that it is all about money to many and they get disgusted. I have seen people beg for money in game because they can't afford platinum to get by or just hearing of people begging their parents or spouse to let them spend more. This is sad and not what makes this game go around! There is so much more to this game than money and people are losing sight of that. I miss so many of our players who have moved on and it reminds me of other games that have basically died. I know this game won't be dead anytime soon, but the whole idea of what I am seeing makes me sad. Some people push get what they want and others scream about it. It seems to happen in all games that exist where money is charged for special elixers or whatever. I wish I could stop it or ease peoples anger, but I can't. You know what, it doesn't matter if you spend a ton of money or spend 10 dollars here. It matters what kind of person you are and how you get along with others. I just hope I don't come to see the end of so many fabulous players and wonderful friends!
    Just my 2 cents on things that I hope don't progress as I have seen in other online games.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Econodeath For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Econodeath View Post
    You know what, it doesn't matter if you spend a ton of money or spend 10 dollars here. It matters what kind of person you are and how you get along with others. I just hope I don't come to see the end of so many fabulous players and wonderful friends!
    This is so true. I hope people can understand that it's just a game. We don't own it. Some things are more important than arguing about the rules.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Econodeath,

Thanks for taking the time to voice your thoughts. At the end of the day, Spacetime is a for profit company and we are looking to find ways to offer things for people to buy that are optional to their game experience. We have more games coming for 2010 (we're teasing http://www.darklegends.com now, but there's more after that) and full suites of content and updates for Pocket Legends and Star Legends as well. We can't do all of that on good will alone and we appreciate people who support us by taking advantage of the optional things that Platinum can get you.

Regarding the ability to go into dungeons outside your level range to get experience, we originally removed this feature because of the widespread abuse. You know, leechers and the sort. That didn't mean it wasn't a good feature, just that it had some less than fun consequences. By bringing it back as an optional feature for Platinum, it allows high level players to break up what can be a long haul through one set of content to make the level cap (they can get exp in other parts of the game) and friends / guildies can bring their lower level buddies up to travel with them. By making this feature available for Platinum, inherently, less will use it (the fact is, only a slice of players ever actually purchase Platinum). Those who do use it and go on to abuse it (by being annoying leechers, for example) we are more compelled, because they are a Platinum spender, to devote some additional Customer Service time to change their ways.

Bottom line (and to get back to the main thrust of your post) I'm sorry you feel that way. For me personally, and having the knowledge I do of what is coming in 2012, I couldn't be more excited for the future of Pocket Legends. I hope that helps!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Agreed eco.

And
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    For me personally, and having the knowledge I do of what is coming in 2012, I couldn't be more excited for the future of Pocket Legends. I hope that helps!
    !!!??? This makes me :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

For me personally, and having the knowledge I do of what is coming in 2012, I couldn't be more excited for the future of Pocket Legends. I hope that helps!
    Is most of the new "coming up" feature going to be plat based?

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Is most of the new "coming up" feature going to be plat based?
    Every content release in 2011 after the 1 year anniversary change to make content free, has been free. So, from that standpoint, expect main content releases to continue to be free and for players to have the ability to play the game from beginning to end level, get the best gear in the game, all without spending any $$. The next content expansion, internally named "Humania" that will next raise the level cap, is going to be free.

Yes, we will continue to also introduce new, optional premium content that is available for Platinum. As I stated before, we're running a business and we need to continue to give attractive options to those who want such optional additions an avenue to spend their Platinum to find the operation. But to reiterate, it's all optional.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

That didn't mean it wasn't a good feature
    Sam, can you put a link to the appropriate thread where I can disagree with you? This one is really about not losing sight of the friendships that have developed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

So if ur a plat buyer, you are allowed to abuse the system to a point. I have bought a considerable amount of plat, not near the extent of some, but enough to thrasher the elite lvls. I understand the ones financially supporting the games more, in a way, deserve a greater say. But i dont think it should be stretched to this, i used the enable xp elixir sevarel times while it was 1 plat, and it was a nice break from fangs grind. You need to disable kills from this tho, i mean 1000 instant kills should not count. The powerleveling elixir, i personally think should be removed or raised to a much higher price, i mean allowing someone access to an area that people have spent quite a bit of time for is annoying for many. Also if it is a players first character he will miss much of the games content

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

We'll see, I will be looking forward to those updates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

First off I want to thank all of you for responding to this thread.
    Again it wasn't meant to be a complaint, but more of a reminder of what is truly enjoyable about this game. Our friendships! I have personally bought plenty of plat and I always say that I don't regret it because it helps support a game I love and therefore give the people who work at spacetime an income and a drive to do what they love and make these games so wonderful. It is the constant arguing back and forth that gets me. You can't always have what you want at that time. I understand that many players are younger. And that is part of the enjoyment for me as well. I am a 30 something year old guy with a wife and little boy at home. I enjoy playing the crazy child like joker shooting off fireworks and laughing with my friends. Its stress relieving for me. Those who know me well know that I like to play with my son on my lap looking on. He even takes over sometimes. Friends of mine have even played dress up for him bringing on huge fits of laughter on both our parts. Hankomachos the reason I call you furry is because that is what my son calls you bud. For me its more than just escaping its also some quality time with friends and family. Siejo aka by my sons own mouth is known as the red power ranger. The first time I saw flip my son was as excited if not more than myself. As I tried to express and maybe didn't do it well my refferences in my origonal post were not complaints. I simply accepted the changes and moved on to enjoy the game. Some people should look at the greater picture such as friendships and what this game truly means to them and not just complain about how there aren't enough pink drops that they can sell and make money off of. Or the fact that a player isn't as good as them selves and feel the need to call them noobs. Lets face it 99.9 % of us are here for the fun and smiles. If STS makes money off of this game that is wonderful. In truth what can we all hope for with our careers/jobs? To enjoy what we do and make enough to be happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Perhaps the perception of STS solely aiming at increasing profits no matter what resides with the timing of free content vs paid for stuff. Paid for items seem to be added in small "not so far apart" release as the big free content is more rarely added usually in complete client updates. This may be leaving the players with the impression that it's all about getting more plat out of them? I don't know, perhaps it would be best to release both free stuff and plat stuff at the same time? Just thinking out loud here...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

There is alot of arguing as far as ive noticed. Many people calling others noobs, or beggars, etc. I even saw someone go off on another players for saying "Lol" to one of his jokes, just because he didnt know him. I have had to report 3 people, but if I didnt second guess myself it would have been more, because ive seen alot of cursing, and inappropriate behavior. People going to towne, saying in open chat "Plz report (name)!! he scammed me!"
    Yes I understand that rage but you should keep that to people you know. Alot of arguements have happened for minor causes and I see you point Econodeath, and its good you started this thread. Im sure it helps people realize what they are doing.

Hope it gets an end soon
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54309&dateline=1320877821 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1320877821</a>
    !!Spam my Reputation points and the Thanks button!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

These "new" things whether you feel sad towards them or not, are things called evolution and we must embrace it. The only real saddening event will be when the time comes when nobody actually cares for this game. Just as real life, a game is not meant to stick around forever likewise, it's not meant to be the same forever, it's meant to change and evolve into something and this is what's happening now, it's evolving. If you're sad about it, then...well, I dunno man, I guess you need to just sit down and watch it happen because I'm pretty sure with all these arguments going on now something good will happen out of it, if you noticed, both sides of every argument generally bring valid points so it's up to STS to assess them and actually do something about them. I feel you when you said something about your friends (though I'm not the friendly type), but you have to realize that these friends are not going to stick around regardless if this forum is in agreement or in conflict, you get my point? Basically, this is the natural cycle of a game, and you're watching it unfold, rather than be sad about it, I suggest you actually participate in it, who knows, your inputs might actually be considered by Samhayne *cough*, anyway, you sound like a nice dude, hit me up in game so I can make you a bad dude LOL. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Hey Sam, Is Humania gunna be awesome or lameish? I would rather pay for an awesome campaign than get a lame one for free.

Edit: The OP made an excellent post.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cascade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Hey Sam, Is Humania gunna be awesome or lameish? I would rather pay for an awesome campaign than get a lame one for free.
    Anything other than Squirrelia is a bit lame. Just sayin'

22. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

...and for crying it loud...please, make an official announcement of the exact date of that new map whether it called humania or bum-ania...thanks.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Econodeath View Post
    First off I want to thank all of you for responding to this thread.
    Again it wasn't meant to be a complaint, but more of a reminder of what is truly enjoyable about this game. Our friendships! I have personally bought plenty of plat and I always say that I don't regret it because it helps support a game I love and therefore give the people who work at spacetime an income and a drive to do what they love and make these games so wonderful. It is the constant arguing back and forth that gets me. You can't always have what you want at that time. I understand that many players are younger. And that is part of the enjoyment for me as well. I am a 30 something year old guy with a wife and little boy at home. I enjoy playing the crazy child like joker shooting off fireworks and laughing with my friends. Its stress relieving for me. Those who know me well know that I like to play with my son on my lap looking on. He even takes over sometimes. Friends of mine have even played dress up for him bringing on huge fits of laughter on both our parts. Hankomachos the reason I call you furry is because that is what my son calls you bud. For me its more than just escaping its also some quality time with friends and family. Siejo aka by my sons own mouth is known as the red power ranger. The first time I saw flip my son was as excited if not more than myself. As I tried to express and maybe didn't do it well my refferences in my origonal post were not complaints. I simply accepted the changes and moved on to enjoy the game. Some people should look at the greater picture such as friendships and what this game truly means to them and not just complain about how there aren't enough pink drops that they can sell and make money off of. Or the fact that a player isn't as good as them selves and feel the need to call them noobs. Lets face it 99.9 % of us are here for the fun and smiles. If STS makes money off of this game that is wonderful. In truth what can we all hope for with our careers/jobs? To enjoy what we do and make enough to be happy.
    I agree.
    I like playing PL for the fun of it but when I log on it's usually to talk to the AWESOME friends that I have accumulated since I started. It may sound weird but I think I've made better friends over a mobile MMO than I have IRL. I'm serious, among all the people that play (some not so nice...) I think I found some of the most awesome people out there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Anything other than Squirrelia is a bit lame. Just sayin'

After seeing the full video from your signature I must say that is one deadly squirel!!!!
    You ever hear that old expression "I'm just a squirel trying to get a nut"? LOL

At hank you'll always be our furry!
    You rock bud! Just keep doing you is the best I can ask for.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Humania!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I have to say this as a PL player that has been playing it for around a year or more: I had more fun having my lvl 23 bird with a lvl 20 festive snowball launcher getting shot down by aliens in AO3 with my old friends (all gone along with the launcher I let one borrow ) then what it is right now. I don't know what but it feels more "restricted" than it used to. I know you try to make this a good experience for all of your customers while trying to get profit but... I have to admit to you that this elixer is hypocritical. (I'm a philosopher) The "any-level anywhere" access was removed by player's rants about leechers. We could've just booted/reported leechers and carry on. This new elixer is bringing back the old feature but "premium use only". I see one problem we can try fixing about that. Leechers will return (whom I don't care about if we got our free roam option back) except only "premium" leechers will be back. I respect you, out of all the devs, the most, Sam, and I respect STS still as the best customer service business. Sometimes I feel like going to Texas and visit your HQ with a 14 paragraph list of ideas to help. I feel like there needs to be something done to save alterra by both dev and player working along as we are now. I will go interview your customer's opinions ig and see what the "experienced" players and make some good ideas based on it. Thanks for reading this.

-Santa Abe

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!