Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feeling a bit sad at what I have seen in PL the last few months

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Econodeath,

Thanks for taking the time to voice your thoughts. At the end of the day, Spacetime is a for profit company and we are looking to find ways to offer things for people to buy that are optional to their game experience. We have more games coming for 2010 (we're teasing http://www.darklegends.com now, but there's more after that) and full suites of content and updates for Pocket Legends and Star Legends as well. We can't do all of that on good will alone and we appreciate people who support us by taking advantage of the optional things that Platinum can get you.

Regarding the ability to go into dungeons outside your level range to get experience, we originally removed this feature because of the widespread abuse. You know, leechers and the sort. That didn't mean it wasn't a good feature, just that it had some less than fun consequences. By bringing it back as an optional feature for Platinum, it allows high level players to break up what can be a long haul through one set of content to make the level cap (they can get exp in other parts of the game) and friends / guildies can bring their lower level buddies up to travel with them. By making this feature available for Platinum, inherently, less will use it (the fact is, only a slice of players ever actually purchase Platinum). Those who do use it and go on to abuse it (by being annoying leechers, for example) we are more compelled, because they are a Platinum spender, to devote some additional Customer Service time to change their ways.

Bottom line (and to get back to the main thrust of your post) I'm sorry you feel that way. For me personally, and having the knowledge I do of what is coming in 2012, I couldn't be more excited for the future of Pocket Legends. I hope that helps!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Agreed eco.

And
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    For me personally, and having the knowledge I do of what is coming in 2012, I couldn't be more excited for the future of Pocket Legends. I hope that helps!
    !!!??? This makes me :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

For me personally, and having the knowledge I do of what is coming in 2012, I couldn't be more excited for the future of Pocket Legends. I hope that helps!
    Is most of the new "coming up" feature going to be plat based?

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Is most of the new "coming up" feature going to be plat based?
    Every content release in 2011 after the 1 year anniversary change to make content free, has been free. So, from that standpoint, expect main content releases to continue to be free and for players to have the ability to play the game from beginning to end level, get the best gear in the game, all without spending any $$. The next content expansion, internally named "Humania" that will next raise the level cap, is going to be free.

Yes, we will continue to also introduce new, optional premium content that is available for Platinum. As I stated before, we're running a business and we need to continue to give attractive options to those who want such optional additions an avenue to spend their Platinum to find the operation. But to reiterate, it's all optional.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

That didn't mean it wasn't a good feature
    Sam, can you put a link to the appropriate thread where I can disagree with you? This one is really about not losing sight of the friendships that have developed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post: