Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: jetpacks again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

To quote you:

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    That's exactly what's happened buddy, Silver pack being given out for free, while others paid Plat for them as it was 'advertised' as an exclusive one time only deal. (excluding limited time only offer effects)
    Only the Chrome pack was given out for free...and guess what, it is free again. No one lost out on any money or plat, so it wasn't as if they charged for it in the past and now it is free. The silver jetpack is a different item, whether you want to admit or not.

STS has never told anyone or implied or 'advertised' that any item is a "one time only and will always be exclusive for ever and ever". They have never, ever said that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    That's exactly what's happened buddy, Silver pack being given out for free, while others paid Plat for them as it was 'advertised' as an exclusive one time only deal. (excluding limited time only offer effects)

I went on PL not long ago and the sets you can buy for plat are ridiculous, I bet i missed a few discussions about them on PL side.
    Sam's quote was on it somewhere. Trust me, it's a lost cause. Just know this, it releases for one day, everybody has it for a bit, then the popularity of it dies down again, thus become "exclusive".
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

All civil a valid points, there should be no need for apologies here. The group of people I play & associate with in game all play more than your average player. Most have been around from the start & from what I understand we are all happy with the direction of the game. It is almost a mirror image or Pocket Legends in my opinion with a different theme. Being the newer version it has been fun to be a part of Shaping the game so to speak. STS can only do so much, when it comes to environment we the community have a lot to do with some of the turn outs. From the economy to how New comers see the Higher levels & how they represent themselves. The small community of people that I play with all enjoy playing Star Legends a lot but most of them feel exactly how I do on the subject.

I really do enjoy being part of the community & I hope that our opinions are not over looked.
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I myself have lost out on many exclusive items. I think that the thing that people get upset about is this: When they have an exclusive vanity item that they are rather fond of and it gets re-released on DotD, it's normal to be irate. I would be too. This problem didn't plague me in PL because I had every single vanity out there excluding the founder's helm.

On SL? I missed maybe 4-5 vanities, as I didn't have platinum at the time for them. Do I regret it? Not really. Does it irk me when deals are re-released on the items I do have? Yes, naturally. What happens about the items that I don't have? I buy them. I didn't realize the other side until I was the other side. Are these items still exclusive? Yes, because still many people do not have the platinum to buy it and they are only up for a 24 hour period.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

i wished i had that apple logo..
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taresafoo View Post
    Maybe the devs are trying to confuse us lol
    I find this an ironic proposition. Very humorous but also quite pregnant with probing wisdom.

I for one would hope that they themselves are not confused regarding the 'facts on the ground' here in SL. Yes this game (i nod to pl as well) has given birth to a very prosperous business model, but i enjoy speculating as to the source of the majority of the real enthusiasm and material involvement :ahem:

I realize that SL is a mobile oriented platform, and this begets a certain set of commonly accepted truisms regarding the nature of people's interaction with the game. However, it is my suspicion and the central idea of this muse that this common wisdom is not what it seems.

I hope the management knows how i feel, and the majority of the excellent community- :sparrrkls: - nevertheless i for one am not in the crowd clamoring for equity here.
    <- design by Pianowizzy
    CHOWNis - 41 Commando | Nachownis - 25 Operative Twink | Chownisis - 39 Killa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah but hopefully the new update comes out in a week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When i heard jet packs are back i thought it ment some kind of Christmas jet packs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cheton View Post
    When i heard jet packs are back i thought it ment some kind of Christmas jet packs.
    Now, THAT would have been sweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Imo where it failed for this event, sts should have at least changed the color of the little jetpacks from quest. Red, yellow, green...

How hard is to change to pink, black, blue... or any other color.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakatoa91:506722
    Imo where it failed for this event, sts should have at least changed the color of the little jetpacks from quest. Red, yellow, green...

Because the Google Chrome logo is Red Yellow and Green. We all should've known since Google Chrome compatibility was in beta. This coming from a guy who had a mule specifically for jetpacks :/
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere:506726
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakatoa91:506722

Because the Google Chrome logo is Red Yellow and Green. We all should've known since Google Chrome compatibility was in beta. This coming from a guy who had a mule specifically for jetpacks :/
    Ah eba... stoopid me... Forgot that each jetpack is a color of the logo.

Bah... guess theyll keep different color for other event or dotd then.

Nothin much more to say about this repetitive event I guess... ill go pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roufus View Post
    I dunno but it seemed like a good way to unload the jetpacks i had till I saw they changed the quest to 150 kill instead of a thousand guess its back to making the new people happy again
    I did not personally try to do this (I got my 1000 kill x3 set the first time and I was done) but I know several players that were actively trying to buy them up and corner the market. Given that I spent maybe an hour getting my second set (and the 30p silver price from yesterdays DoTD) I'd say they are now worth approximately 50 credits and speculators are highly annoyed. The chrome ones were fairly exclusive and now everyone has one, just like those annoying turkey/kitten pets..

I'm actually OK with all of this, nobody promised that those would be exclusive items and the chrome ones were always exploitable but non-tradeable...now if they start offering easy pink weapons/epic helms after the update that's another story, because those took waaay the heck more than 3000 kills to get.

-Valkax
    Devils Reapers.4 life
    Last edited by Valkax; 12-09-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...and on that note, bring on the free pets. I personally find all of them annoying as hell and as of the thanksgiving event/cat lady expansions they're no longer exclusive (500p vs 40p). At this point you may as well start offering them as door prizes.
    Last edited by Valkax; 12-09-2011 at 05:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Does the black jetpack have anything stat-wise after the promo event is over?

Because i just got mine... like a couple minutes ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I kinda liked that they came back I did get all four jet packs in the beginning which took awhile, but I gave my colored ones away too people that were missing that one color I had I let them keep it more room in my inventory but all I wanted was the black one so it didnt matter

Then when i saw they came back I thought
    " again...YES another black one for me"
    When I saw that they lowered the kills I thought
    "hm if I knew they would have done this I wouldn't have had to go crazy for a while"
    Then when I got all the other three colored ones I decided to keep them to show I did it without the trading of others

Shoes are shiniest when the day is dull
    Garvhoz- lv40 commando/lv16 warrior/lv? bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Bod are you sure the Silver Jet Pack was being given out for free? I saw it in the DotD for 30 plat. It was originally 50 from the plat store I think.

Jet Packs were a miss for a lot of people anyways. The black ('chrome') pack is kind of ugly and sits way too low anyways, which is why you hardly see anyone at cap wearing a jet pack. Everyone, including myself, were very excited for the original jet pack release, but ended up disappointed with the looks, especially after we pointed out their poor position on our backs, and simply wore them for the speed boost until the event was over.

And now they're back again....can't help but LOL at the people who invested a bunch in them...not gonna say I told you so...but...yeah.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Try getting lots of people to sugest a slight reposition so they'll sit higher up?

Doesn't seem all that hard to change if enough players ask.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaras View Post
    Try getting lots of people to sugest a slight reposition so they'll sit higher up?

Doesn't seem all that hard to change if enough players ask.
    Well a LOT of us did...and nothing changed
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Tournament & Ladder Leader Onaraasider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Darn,jetpacks are even more worthless(i was waiting till next year and they would be worth more)
    Thanks to Aaroniero Arruruerie for the wonderful signature
    tap green thumb or thanks button if i helped!