Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The future of PL ... long term recommendations; my most important post for this year

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I disagree with scrapping existing GoA. They earned that shield. As a reminder, the GoA program is a "Thank you" one to recognize people who contribute to the community.

Regarding the future of Pocket Legends - we know that fans want new stuff and content is king. I would argue that the future is always in question. Of course if we don't do anything, well then of course growth would be hard to envision. I would point to JustG's 2011/2012 post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Rockin%92-2012! PL (and SL) continue to win awards and continue to grow in terms of playerbase.

We really appreciate positive, constructive feedback. There are some great comments in this thread and there are some that are less than great.

Regarding premium paid options, Spacetime Studios philosophy with premium options is just that – they are optional. All players can play Pocket Legends from level 1 to the elite level cap without paying any real world money. We appreciate and value all of our players, however they choose to play. As always, thank you for your support.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

A lot is riding on humania.It will determine for many of us if we stay in this game or move on.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Conradin For This Useful Post:

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #103
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    A lot is riding on humania.It will determine for many of us if we stay in this game or move on.
    I think it is like that with any of our expansions.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I think it is like that with any of our expansions.
    true dat- and i guess im still around eh?
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Indeed it is. Indeed it is.

When Humania comes out, I think that most of the players that have left will give it a shot. If it fails for them, they are probably never coming back. So far, I think the general consensus among most players on the forums is that Nuri's Hallows and Mount Fang have not been what they wanted.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 01-15-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Removed the sweeping generalizations

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

You actually wrote all of that lol. Nicely done seem like you really care and put alot thought into pocket legends. Hopefully devs will not hold back and give us r money worth
    Last edited by TruePlayer; 01-15-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I think we should be able to farm eachother in pvp. Like if get really lucky get a rare pink drop that person is equiped with. And if get unlucky lose that gear . That would be so fun. Honestly people quiting this game cause its too easy and too friendly. There no competition, and no war. Its a fighting game which alot adult play but still seem like it just for the young crowd. Guilds really didnt added anything but just a name, theres other game i play where guild was made very useful and for a purpose. After collecting gold and pvping everybody there nothing much else to do. We need to play against eachother at some
    Point.
    Last edited by TruePlayer; 01-15-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Ive thoroughly enjoyed this game. I think people forget it is in a phone, mobile, and we can actually interact with the real developers. This game is amazing and has a lot of different enjoyable options so just take it into perspective and be grateful.

Not to mention. The 50 cap was amazing and in the grand scheme of things it is the midway point. More and more is being introduced, slowly. We are just 3 caps away, the filler caps in retrospec away from halfway! More to come guys, dont expect every cap to blow your socks off then again and again. It is a work in progress and one day you will see and understand what these genius people are doing for PL
    Last edited by AbsolutePally; 01-15-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    Ive thoroughly enjoyed this game. I think people forget it is in a phone, mobile, and we can actually interact with the real developers. This game is amazing and has a lot of different enjoyable options so just take it into perspective and be grateful.

Not to mention. The 50 cap was amazing and in the grand scheme of things it is the midway point. More and more is being introduced, slowly. We are just 3 caps away, the filler caps in retrospec away from halfway! More to come guys, dont expect every cap to blow your socks off then again and again. It is a work in progress and one day you will see and understand what these genius people are doing for PL
    Greatful itsnt a correct word for all us like you and me we invested alot into this game we expect the best. Thats why there have been alot complaining. Becuase people have spent beyond any game system or any game they have owned r played on pocket legends. And acutally we are the ones paying and the devs like us is
    There job to make us happy. R opinion is important.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Humania will have to be especially good with the release of World of Midgard's 3rd and semi betas. Make or break time, a lot riding on this particular expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Regarding premium paid options, Spacetime Studios philosophy with premium options is just that – they are optional. All players can play Pocket Legends from level 1 to the elite level cap without paying any real world money. We appreciate and value all of our players, however they choose to play. As always, thank you for your support.

That is a great philosophy, but wouldn't it logically make more sense to give more options? Yes you can get from 1 to elite, but that is such a small part of the game. I know I would be more inclined to spend money if there was a balance between content and optional purchases.
    Last edited by Sapient; 01-15-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

There is no reason to believe that there is anything 'more' or 'extra' riding on the release of Humania than any other expansion in this game or in any video game ever created.

Most video games have expansions. There is always a lot of anticipation and hope. But this is true for every video game ever made. It is not MORE true for Pocket Legends.

In the history of video games, there has been at least 100 expansions that have failed to live up to expectations. But, there has been at least 1,000 expansions that turned out to be far better than hoped.

There is certainly no consensus that Nuri's and Fang was some how inferior. In fact, the proof proves otherwise.

Playing the game from level 1 thru elite cap IS THE MAIN MOST IMPORTANT part of the game. It is free to play, but, it is not minor, lol. OMG, omg, omg, I couldn't stop laughing when I read that. Playing the game from start to finish is the most important part and it takes far, far, far, far longer to do that than optional paid content.

As far as having more options and also balance between free content and optional content. It is not clear what you mean. But, if you mean that there should be more options for paid content, I agree.

There are really quite a few things that I wish they would add to our options in the plat store.

I have never seen this many complaints over something that is free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    There is certainly no consensus that Nuri's and Fang was some how inferior. In fact, the proof proves otherwise.
    Not saying that I agree or disagree with the above statements but would you mind telling me where you got those facts? I am reading through these posts and you seem intent to overwhelm posters with words and opinions stating them as facts when, in fact, they are just this: opinions. Perhaps a disclaimer on your posts would be helpful?

I personally get bothered by facts that are made up on the spot for the sake of winning some internet argument and do not truly contribute to the conversation. Sorry nothing against you and I am sure you have some interesting contributions to make but statements like this tend to make one want to stop reading whatever it is you are attempting to get across to your target audience.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TruePlayer View Post
    Greatful itsnt a correct word for all us like you and me we invested alot into this game we expect the best. Thats why there have been alot complaining. Becuase people have spent beyond any game system or any game they have owned r played on pocket legends. And acutally we are the ones paying and the devs like us is
    There job to make us happy. R opinion is important.
    No entiendes, habla english? Por favor.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Stompartist, I am very glad that you brought this up. This is something that I have been thinking about long and hard for a long time.

I agree, that when people present their opinion as if it was some kind of fact. That can help destroy any chance of logical debate.

It is almost as bad when someone presents their opinion, making it clear it is just an opinion, but still not giving any sort of supporting details.

Do you know why many of my posts are so long? It is because, when I make a point. I spend time backing it up. It only takes a few words to make some statement, that is nothing more than an opinion and try to pawn it off as a fact. But, if you take a good look at my long posts, you will see that they are long because I am trying to prove my argument.

I agree, it is not enough to just present opinions that are empty if you are trying to actually make some sort of improvement.

But, again, to make a statement: "Here, this is what I believe", then TO ALSO PROVIDE supporting details, can take a long time.

Just the opinion = short. Opinon plus supporting details = bit longer.

Yes, I agree, that the thing I said that you quoted was an opinion. It is an opinion that obviously I believe to be accurate. But, your right, I didn't give the supporting details. (I did go on to imply that I had proof, but that is a different matter.) Why would I do such a thing?

1. I was trying to show that short posts are very easy to write. You can make all kinds of statements, imply they are facts and never have to provide the supporting details.

2. I was trying to show that, just as you pointed out, that a statement without supporting details is TOTALLY USELESS in a debate.

3. And more than anything else, I was trying to show, that what I was responding to is EXACTLY what you are critisizing me for. An mere personal opinion that is being presented as a fact with no supporting info.

In other words: The point I am making now, is that a giant, huge percentage of the things that are being said in THIS THREAD AND RAGE FEST are nothing more than someone's opinion. And the people who shared these wonderful opinions with us made little or no attempt to try to prove them. Just left them as unsubstantiated opinons.

I have made a spoiler tag. Behind that tag is 14 opinions that someone presented as fact. JUST IN THIS THREAD ALONE. I am sure, I could find 2 or 3 dozen more of these empty opinions in just this thread. None of these opinions have any supporting info. This was the problem with Rage Fest. It was a tiny few people going from thread to thread saying the same thing over and over, never proving or justifying anything. Just getting people all worked up.

In the next post I make, I am actually going to answer your question (why do I say there is no concensus about Nuri's/Fang). Just didn't want to make this post too long.

One last thing (to everyone, not just you Stomp): NO NEED TO FLAME ME with the idea that all opinions are important and valued. I know that. I have said that 100 times. But, if all you do is give an opinion without backing it up. People may not take it seriously. And, they may also basically just say, 'right back at ya' and just give their differing opinion on the same matter without backing it up. If so, a person can't complain.

These are all statements that are presented as facts. But, they are nothing a the person's opinion. The person who said these things didn't offer any facts, data, supporting info, locic, examples or anything to support the opinion.

Please note, my device is on the blink. These were not placed here by cut-n-paste. I retyped going back and forth trying to remember as I typed. If I made any mistakes. Not intentional and I will fix IMMEDIATELY.

The quotes are in italics. My comments are in bold.

1. "I agree that the long-term future of PL is very much in doubt.

How would anyone without the data know this?

2. "The real question right now is not whether or not the community believes that PL has stagnated or not. The real question is what (and if) action will be taken.

No, it's not.

3. "So far, I think the general concensus among most players on the forums is that Nuri Hollows and Mount Fang has not been what they wanted.

There is no concensus.

4. "Humania will have to be especially good with the release of World of Migard's 3rd and semi-betas. Make or break time, a lot is riding on this particular expansion.

Who says? Why does this person think this?

5. "The devs appear to be relatively inactive in threads and far less receptive towards feedback.

Tons of data to show otherwise.

6. "Basically, it seems to be one of those things that you get and you can maintain by doing more or less nothing.

Prove this.

7. "I'd have to agree though, that a thorough re-evaluataion is in order or to scrap the program and re-nominate from the ground up.

Why?

8. "So far you have said that I am incorrect and nothing else. So far, it seems that what you have said is more opinion than anything else.

[B}I did give some reasoning. But, this is what this person does very frequently.[/B]

9. "You have said that I am incorrect but have not said anything as to why.

I did give some reasons. And the point of this is this poster did not give reasons why.

10. "I have serious doubts about the potential of both programs.

Huh?? Why??

11. "Nothing truely new has been introduced since guilds.

Like the rest, this needs to be backed up.

12. "The events of the Winter Fest has increased the urgency.

How so?

13. "As it turns out, people seem to like having slower cap rises.

14. "The quality of the new caps must be epic."

Btw, when I asked a question in bold, I'm not really asking that question now, like I want an answer. The questions are really just examples of what should hve been explained originally.

Last edited by Aikiebo; 01-16-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

yes dear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

1. I was trying to show that short posts are very easy to write. You can make all kinds of statements, imply they are facts and never have to provide the supporting details.
    This is a short post.

This is not.

Stompartist, I am very glad that you brought this up. This is something that I have been thinking about long and hard for a long time.

I agree, that when people present their opinion as if it was some kind of fact. That can help destroy any chance of logical debate.

It is almost as bad when someone presents their opinion, making it clear it is just an opinion, but still not giving any sort of supporting details.

Do you know why many of my posts are so long? It is because, when I make a point. I spend time backing it up. It only takes a few words to make some statement, that is nothing more than an opinion and try to pawn it off as a fact. But, if you take a good look at my long posts, you will see that they are long because I am trying to prove my argument.

I agree, it is not enough to just present opinions that are empty if you are trying to actually make some sort of improvement.

But, again, to make a statement: "Here, this is what I believe", then TO ALSO PROVIDE supporting details, can take a long time.

Just the opinion = short. Opinon plus supporting details = bit longer.

Yes, I agree, that the thing I said that you quoted was an opinion. It is an opinion that obviously I believe to be accurate. But, your right, I didn't give the supporting details. (I did go on to imply that I had proof, but that is a different matter.) Why would I do such a thing?

2. I was trying to show that, just as you pointed out, that a statement without supporting details is TOTALLY USELESS in a debate.

3. And more than anything else, I was trying to show, that what I was responding to is EXACTLY what you are critisizing me for. An mere personal opinion that is being presented as a fact with no supporting info.

In other words: The point I am making now, is that a giant, huge percentage of the things that are being said in THIS THREAD AND RAGE FEST are nothing more than someone's opinion. And the people who shared these wonderful opinions with us made little or no attempt to try to prove them. Just left them as unsubstantiated opinons.

I have made a spoiler tag. Behind that tag is 14 opinions that someone presented as fact. JUST IN THIS THREAD ALONE. I am sure, I could find 2 or 3 dozen more of these empty opinions in just this thread. None of these opinions have any supporting info. This was the problem with Rage Fest. It was a tiny few people going from thread to thread saying the same thing over and over, never proving or justifying anything. Just getting people all worked up.

In the next post I make, I am actually going to answer your question (why do I say there is no concensus about Nuri's/Fang). Just didn't want to make this post too long.

One last thing (to everyone, not just you Stomp): NO NEED TO FLAME ME with the idea that all opinions are important and valued. I know that. I have said that 100 times. But, if all you do is give an opinion without backing it up. People may not take it seriously. And, they may also basically just say, 'right back at ya' and just give their differing opinion on the same matter without backing it up. If so, a person can't complain.

These are all statements that are presented as facts. But, they are nothing a the person's opinion. The person who said these things didn't offer any facts, data, supporting info, locic, examples or anything to support the opinion.

Please note, my device is on the blink. These were not placed here by cut-n-paste. I retyped going back and forth trying to remember as I typed. If I made any mistakes. Not intentional and I will fix IMMEDIATELY.

The quotes are in italics. My comments are in bold.

1. "I agree that the long-term future of PL is very much in doubt.

How would anyone without the data know this?

2. "The real question right now is not whether or not the community believes that PL has stagnated or not. The real question is what (and if) action will be taken.

No, it's not.

3. "So far, I think the general concensus among most players on the forums is that Nuri Hollows and Mount Fang has not been what they wanted.

There is no concensus.

4. "Humania will have to be especially good with the release of World of Migard's 3rd and semi-betas. Make or break time, a lot is riding on this particular expansion.

Who says? Why does this person think this?

5. "The devs appear to be relatively inactive in threads and far less receptive towards feedback.

Tons of data to show otherwise.

6. "Basically, it seems to be one of those things that you get and you can maintain by doing more or less nothing.

Prove this.

7. "I'd have to agree though, that a thorough re-evaluataion is in order or to scrap the program and re-nominate from the ground up.

Why?

8. "So far you have said that I am incorrect and nothing else. So far, it seems that what you have said is more opinion than anything else.

[B}I did give some reasoning. But, this is what this person does very frequently.[/B]

9. "You have said that I am incorrect but have not said anything as to why.

I did give some reasons. And the point of this is this poster did not give reasons why.

10. "I have serious doubts about the potential of both programs.

Huh?? Why??

11. "Nothing truely new has been introduced since guilds.

Like the rest, this needs to be backed up.

12. "The events of the Winter Fest has increased the urgency.

How so?

13. "As it turns out, people seem to like having slower cap rises.

14. "The quality of the new caps must be epic."

Btw, when I asked a question in bold, I'm not really asking that question now, like I want an answer. The questions are really just examples of what should hve been explained originally.

Fact.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sapient For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Aikiebo I got a fact for you. That post was way to long.
    Last edited by Fncrazy; 01-16-2012 at 10:14 PM.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fncrazy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

It's not the length of the posts Aikiebo - it's the quality of content in the posts. If long posts were hated, then my first 2 posts by that logic should be reviled.

I'm gonna have to ask you - in those 2 long posts, what have you said? And could it be condensed?