Thread: Luck Elixir

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thumbs down Luck Elixir

First off, I just want you to understand that not everyone has luck and etc.. and I've been having crap luck LOL. I also understand that the luck elixir re-rolls for a better item meaning if you get an orange item you will receive a green and so forth..

Well, I have all my crafting parts in order besides the recipe and item I need (I'm super poor currently ha) So, I decided to buy the deal of the day elixir. & Hoping that a recipe, crafting scrap, or even a pink item I need to craft would drop. All the luck elixir did was re-roll orange items to green items.. & everyone around me got a crafting scrap or a pink item... I am regretting purchasing this thing for 20 platinum & receiving nothing of importance.. I'm actually kind of angry that everyone around me received something I was desiring.. & me with this luck elixir receive nothing at all. Sorry, I needed to rant. Relieve some stress, and ask why in heck did this happen?!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Hello...I know what you mean about being stressed out from everyone around you getting stuff! I had that happened to me in Nuris all the time when I was looking for crafting materials...it was a nightmare! Lmao. Just keep going & luck will come around...it doesn't seem that way but it does. It's easy to be pissed & hard to be patient.
    The thing about Mt Fang tho is that pinks have stopped dropping again. The devs altered the drop rate fir pinks after that weekend when nobody was getting any! That was when the "Luck" elixir was first introduced coincidently. Then it got better & we were getting pinks again but it has dried up again.
    The crafting mat in Fang is easier to get cause it drops a lot & the daily quests help. I'm thinking that for level 66 players (like others have said) pinks stopped falling, maybe a glitch? I hear that Fang recipes are almost impossible. It's way easier to buy them with platinum...I know not everyone can afford it tho. Not sure what's going on right now with drop rates!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Don't the recipes sell for 30 plat? If so, you should have just spent 10 more and got what you wanted.
    I haven't confirmed this but I suspect that you won't get any vampiric cloth, leather, plate scrap while on luck elixir. They are orange items and I believe they get rerolled to green.

P.S. I've grinding out 20k xp at level 65 (straight xp, no xp elixirs) and haven't received any pinks either. I suspect they've run out again. I hope they get more in soon though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

The luck elixirs dont improve boss drops in fang, they can however help if ur vamp slaying lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Don't the recipes sell for 30 plat? If so, you should have just spent 10 more and got what you wanted.
    I haven't confirmed this but I suspect that you won't get any vampiric cloth, leather, plate scrap while on luck elixir. They are orange items and I believe they get rerolled to green.

P.S. I've grinding out 20k xp at level 65 (straight xp, no xp elixirs) and haven't received any pinks either. I suspect they've run out again. I hope they get more in soon though.
    As far as I know they changed luck elixiers, so that they actually choose the roll of greater RARETY over the other one.
    Might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure about that.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    The luck elixirs dont improve boss drops in fang, they can however help if ur vamp slaying lol
    What?? What's the point then? Luck Exilir is expensive, if it doesn't help with boss drops in fang, it is a total rip off. I purchased one and got nothing so didn't bother again, wonder how many others also lost out due to this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FlatDog For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

yeah.. really bothered me. i don't get money to buy platinum ever. i got a 10$ gift card from my aunt for my birthday and i spent the rest of it on the dumb luck elixir ;_____;

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    As far as I know they changed luck elixiers, so that they actually choose the roll of greater RARETY over the other one.
    Might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure about that.
    True, but the system has no idea a crafting orange should be more rare then a green item, it just picks green over orange, so no, you will never get a crating material if you have the 100% reroll.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    If you roll a purple, it will become a pink on the boss. Then again, how many purples have you see

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    If you roll a purple, it will become a pink on the boss. Then again, how many purples have you see
    I have never seen a purple from a boss...the mini boss vampires yes, but never the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

I bought one & farmed Vyxnaar helms
    Waste of time & money...
    I did however get more oranges & greens than usual
    Yay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaarataka View Post
    I have never seen a purple from a boss...the mini boss vampires yes, but never the boss.
    Wonder if it can only go up one rarity? Has anyone seen a reroll for a pink on a fang boss since the changes? Also, has anyone with a 100% gotten a green without it saying you are lucky?

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Wonder if it can only go up one rarity? Has anyone seen a reroll for a pink on a fang boss since the changes? Also, has anyone with a 100% gotten a green without it saying you are lucky?
    I think that's why there are only 3 purples in mt fang (one for each class). Because a lot of purples would result in a lot of pink rerolls. The dark pilgrims hat is the only dex purple and I've only looted one whereas I've looted a lot more pinks. I forget what the purple mage item is but I saw some in CS when I checked. I'm just assuming there's a purple str also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Well I played a lot today picking up kills & gold, also looking for pinks. I suppose they are still dropping...proof in pic above. I haven't seen any in a long time so it was nice to see something fall. Too bad it was a Vampyr longbow & not a Sanguine but to see TWO pinks at once is really rare! Surprised the heck out of me!

@KTpantyhose sorry to hear that the lame luck elixir wasted your plat! That really sux! :-/
    Last edited by slaveleia; 12-09-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

yeah haha. spent my birthday money on it and got nothing ;____;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I think that's why there are only 3 purples in mt fang (one for each class). Because a lot of purples would result in a lot of pink rerolls. The dark pilgrims hat is the only dex purple and I've only looted one whereas I've looted a lot more pinks. I forget what the purple mage item is but I saw some in CS when I checked. I'm just assuming there's a purple str also.
    All of the purple hats can be gotten via quests.