Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Just be nice!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default Just be nice!

I made this thread because I see this a lot on my alt. and other things. I will make a twink just going to level 10-14 and I will join a 50-66 on a Forest Haven game and he is doing quests or helping his friend level up to 10 for his twink, and yet I say ' May I join ? ' I don't be rude I will be booted with reasons such as ' lolol ' ' noob ' ect... Just very frustrating and goes for other levels to if you are questing why not just let a guy join and what do you think a guy will think if he just started Pocket Legends ? Probably ' What in the world? ' He might not even want to play anymore . So just let a guy join in it doesn't bother you ? How about we all give it a try and let's make this Pocket Legends community even better!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elysony For This Useful Post:

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Great post, Elysony. There's nothing worse than a rude person, and it can really spoil a game. I think Pocket Legends is blessed to have a very friendly and welcoming community, but I've seen some behavior that wasn't so nice. If you're a high level and someone new jumps into your game, all you have to say is "Sorry bro, we're trying to keep this run for higher levels." One little decision like that can be the difference to someone sticking around and leaving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

That's just how some people are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draocad View Post
    That's just how some people are.
    Yes, but don't you think they can stop themselves from booting and help them out instead? Like those people that just started playing, if they ask me a question about the game, I would do my best to answer, like "how do you do quests, how to trade, etc." I have to admit, I wasn't too helpful at the start either, I was like an "I don't answer questions person." Now, I'm disappointed I let myself be like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Thank you everyone! Thanks a ton Pandar glad to see a STS member agrees Pocket Legends is such a great community we are all very blessed to have such nice people!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything.

That's why when people beg at me I ignore the buggers.

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

i think if people don't want others joining their game they need to set a password instead of booting others. That's what I do at least... i feel awful for booting people. I know its hard sometimes to get a group of people that you enjoy playing with or actually worth playing with haha. I remember the first time I was booted. I thought I did something wrong and I felt totally crushed. Their reason was "nope" so it made me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KTpantyhose View Post
    i think if people don't want others joining their game they need to set a password instead of booting others. That's what I do at least... i feel awful for booting people. I know its hard sometimes to get a group of people that you enjoy playing with or actually worth playing with haha. I remember the first time I was booted. I thought I did something wrong and I felt totally crushed. Their reason was "nope" so it made me
    I felt like that too in the past. But at this point it's usually me who's leaving games ( for reasons of my own ) so I never sweat it if someone hits the boot button before I hit the exit level button!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

It's same as wishing peace to whole world. Never going to happen even everybody wants so.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    It's same as wishing peace to whole world. Never going to happen even everybody wants so.
    I wish every country in the world would abandon their weapon and we could live in a united peaceful planet blessed with brotherly/sisterly love. Then I'd get the biggest stick I could find and impose a ferocious, brutal yet polite dictatorship on the unarmed masses.

But as far as PL go, a bit of politeness never hurt anything and being rude reflects bad on you a lot more than anything else

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Lol we have similar names xD

But i completely agree when i farm FH i let noobs tag along

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I don't see what's wrong with that...people are being real, I mean, it's supposed to be real people behind those characters isn't it?...In real life, people do that so what do you expect, just because it's a game we're all nice now? That's the beauty of it all, you will meet some rude people, some nice ones...you can't fully appreciate the nice if you don't get the grasp of the "not" nice you know what I'm saying? (yin and yang baby) Life is like that, and when real people play a game, expect real life tendencies...so rather than rant about it, it's better if you deal with it because everyone does it, if you wanted people to be nice, you should have picked a game called fluffy or something...I dunno, I was never a fan of too sensitive people XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    I don't see what's wrong with that...people are being real, I mean, it's supposed to be real people behind those characters isn't it?...In real life, people do that so what do you expect, just because it's a game we're all nice now? That's the beauty of it all, you will meet some rude people, some nice ones...you can't fully appreciate the nice if you don't get the grasp of the "not" nice you know what I'm saying? (yin and yang baby) Life is like that, and when real people play a game, expect real life tendencies...so rather than rant about it, it's better if you deal with it because everyone does it, if you wanted people to be nice, you should have picked a game called fluffy or something...I dunno, I was never a fan of too sensitive people XD
    Spoken like a real troll...
    Last edited by Gaddy; 12-12-2011 at 04:27 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Ty Elisony for sending a thoughtful thread which really has a valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    Where is the dislike button?

Now u have send somehow an apology over here but that doesn't cover up ur previous reply.

Things u said over there were a bit out of the subject. The sender had actually a very valid point in his message. It is very discouraging for a newcomer to experience something like that. We ppl look for acceptance in life and the gaming is not an exception because it is nevertheless a part of our lives because of at least PL. It would not be nice to get booted in the very first game, righty? It is perfectly okay to disagree with the thread when it is done in a Non offensive way.

U can't argue about ur ending phrase

People are diffirent. Some are more sensitive than others and that is why it is wrong to say that sensitivity would be something bad because u are not a fan(= u don't care/like) of sensitive people. Ur ending phrase was offensive because of that.

Anyways next time look up a bit better what u wrote before posting.
    Last edited by dudetus; 12-12-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandar:508902
    Great post, Elysony. There's nothing worse than a rude person, and it can really spoil a game. I think Pocket Legends is blessed to have a very friendly and welcoming community, but I've seen some behavior that wasn't so nice. If you're a high level and someone new jumps into your game, all you have to say is "Sorry bro, we're trying to keep this run for higher levels." One little decision like that can be the difference to someone sticking around and leaving.

When I was new to PL I experienced this. Being called a 'noob' because I was lower level than others. This is the main reason I help others whenever I can, because I almost quit. If you have extra spots, might as well let the person stay. I wouldn't even boot, I would gladly help them. For example when I help level up my friends' alts I meet many lower levels, I don't boot them. Might as well help more if you're already helping one. I don't see anything bad in helping more than one person gain a few levels and info about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe:509102

Seems like you're new here. Let me give you some pointers.

• Read your comment before posting
    • Try not to troll
    • Don't post things like you're post I quoted
    • Try to be nice
    • If you have nothing nice to say, don't say the mean thing either

Just try not to troll, you may think its funny but its not. Others (myself and as you can see Gaddy too) find this post (the one I quoted) to be a troll. Ty and have a good day.

-Javier
    Last edited by javier995; 12-12-2011 at 04:39 AM.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to javier995 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Sorry if you were affected by my post but I was emphasizing a point, just because I wasn't nice and agreeable to this thread that automatically makes me a troll? Well, I'd rather be a troll than agree to this thread that's for sure, my post had valid points you can't deny that...you're the one (Gaddy) who wrote a nonsensical post against me so...between you and me, you're troll-er...but I won't discuss any further since I don't want to hijack this thread, my point is, I just think the thread starter should be more mature and look at this game more realistically...if things don't go your way, either you make sure you don't do it to others or turn to the dark side and be one of them...it's about choices really, but you cannot convince everyone to be nice in this game...anyway, good luck. Thanks.

PS: Unless I see a clause in TOS where it's clearly indicated that disagreeing on a post is not allowed, I don't see anything wrong with my post. It's not trolling, trust me, I've had tons of battles against them...you seem to have incorrect definition of troll, a troll is when a poster is provoking a fight (I'm not, in fact, this is going to be my last post in this thread), off-topic (which is not), and with a purpose to disrupt the topic's discussion (I'm actually voicing out my own opinion on topic at hand). You mistake disagreement over trolling. Btw, yes, I'm new here, but not in everything else I assure you XD Anyway, good luck to you too javier.
    Last edited by zeusabe; 12-12-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I completely agree with you, unfortunately, it is something which has existed since the beginning and won't go away anytime soon.

I recently joined the ranks of level 35 pvp and has by FAR the rudest community members I have been involved with. Completely not helpful, ininformative, and selfish. I can tell you if I were not as seasoned as I am or have the friends I have at this level, I would leave it all together. I can't imagine how a new player just wanting to have a little fun feels.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus:509132

Where is the dislike button?

Now u have send somehow an apology over here but that doesn't cover up ur previous reply.

Things u said over there were a bit out of the subject. The sender had actually a very valid point in his message. It is very discouraging for a newcomer to experience something like that. We ppl look for acceptance in life and the gaming is not an exception because it is nevertheless a part of our lives because of at least PL. It would not be nice to get booted in the very first game, righty? It is perfectly okay to disagree with the thread when it is done in a Non offensive way.

U can't argue about ur ending phrase

People are diffirent. Some are more sensitive than others and that is why it is wrong to say that sensitivity would be something bad because u are not a fan(= u don't care/like) of sensitive people. Ur ending phrase was offensive because of that.

Anyways next time look up a bit better what u wrote before posting.

Ty for saving me the trouble of writing long to explain to him why his actions where uncalled for.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    Ty for saving me the trouble of writing long to explain to him why his actions where uncalled for.
    Yeah well someone had to do it lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Anyway~ maybe this calls for a new addition to the system. Not locking or booting, but maybe a message that pops up on someone's window that describes the kind of game they just joined or, as has been suggested in the past, having a short blurb by game instances about what the host is looking for in members (Thrasher, twinks, etc). Let the holiday spirit continue all year! Let's be nice for no reason

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent