Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] New Player Experience Feedback Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Usually I wouldn't bother to comment on something like this but I'll make an exception since it coincidentally converges with my concerns. Please respect my honesty.

Let me start by saying there is nothing physically wrong with the game. What is wrong with the game is how you want it to be played. This has been vague for a long time now and has inevitably found its way into the new player experience.

The most interesting thing about progressing through the game is the amazing storyline of the legends Uller, vili and himingleva, and their ties with the world of arlor. This amazingness dies after the tindrin expansion (which doesn't link to the original storyline but is still a great story). When a story is great, you don't even pay attention to the Xp bar because you're simply captured by the story. Therefore, point one is to make the expansions link to the original story (no matter how small the link) or make new forgotten legends sealed away in time unable to aid the original legends in their battle...they return thinking the war is still ongoing and upon learning of the legends demise; believe we had a part to play...something that says "wow".

Eventually we will all meet the grind period to reach endgame but should that grind period really begin at level 46? Which moves me onto the next point, why would I grind to reach endgame? What is there for me? I can run events at any level so not that. The top player leaderboard, yes. Hardcore access, yes. Farming considerable gold to satisfy my vanity or make that farming itself somewhat easier on time. But the real question is where does the captivation of the audience lie? Sure, when players have essentially "completed the game" (a point that doesn't necessarily have to exist on this game but you refuse to simply remove) they can log in only during events. Is that really what is desired though? Because that is the plain and simple truth. What I'm pointing to is probably quite obvious by now but I refuse to define that topic any longer.

So what am I actually getting at? Simply put, the absense of the long game which originally used to exist but no longer does is something that makes new players shy away from committing. Simple fix with the potential for great future developments that could send this game back to where it began. At the top.

- college student that hates to see your game go down this path

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post: