Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vanities?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Vanities?

So were do I run for the cool vanities and should I buy enhancers?

Thanks in advance. Pls help a Krazy Koala
    Hello looks like you've took the time to read this well bye don't read this....... ok seriously stop reading this just cause im krazy!
    Heyzap=KrazyKoala

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I know for sure Mechanical helmet, squid buddy and X-rays drops in Numa Prime and the Zany glasses along with tragedy and comedy are found in Slouch-O.

And don't waste your plat on enhancers, they don't affect vanity drops unfortunately:/

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

But above all, try to run under the lucky stars.

Yours,
    "Three toons at 36 and not a single vanity drop"
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine:509484
    I know for sure Mechanical helmet, squid buddy and X-rays drops in Numa Prime and the Zany glasses along with tragedy and comedy are found in Slouch-O.

And don't waste your plat on enhancers, they don't affect vanity drops unfortunately:/
    Omg..I didn't kno that smh wow. I waisted $20 in creds last weekend doin slouch runs..oh well I guess ;/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    So were do I run for the cool vanities and should I buy enhancers?

Thanks in advance. Pls help a Krazy Koala
    Totally random, you could get these after 1-20 runs, or 100-1000 and not even see a vanity drop. Believe theres a thread trying to get a Vanity team together, maybe you could join.

Delta/Numa - Squid Buddy, Mechanical Man Helm and X-Ray

These have mostly been found in, Dead Man Cave (DMC Delta) or Outer Limits (OL Numa)

Slouch-O/Shipyard - Comedy, Tragedy and Zany Glasses

These are found in, Scorcher (Slouch-O) or Biosphere (Shipyard)

They may well be available in every level in the campaigns mentioned above, though the info passed on through the forums of players that have recived these suggest the above. Also though members may suggest cutting down to the number of enemies left this doesnt guarantee its any quicker.

If I was to go looking for these I would ensure I killed every enemy along with opening every chest before the rmkn.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Kk thanks guys oh yeah don't forget I'm

KRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hello looks like you've took the time to read this well bye don't read this....... ok seriously stop reading this just cause im krazy!
    Heyzap=KrazyKoala

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hey dude you can run guardian with me. Even if you dont get vanity you get many good drops and can make a fair bit of cash.

Deathsminion lvl 37 operative and officer of DarkLegion.
    Tankinator lvl 40 commando officer of DarkLegion
    Bluekillsyou a pvp twink.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

How to do a low level vanity run:

Summary - Since chests are a guaranteed loot, you want to basically just run the maps to open them. Mobs have a loot table too, so kill as you go. Bosses "can" drop a vanity, but the rates are the same as mobs and chests. So u'd be wasting time, unless your hoping for the occasional chunk of 2k drops or something. Theoretically over time you will achieve more loot by running strict chest runs. More loot = more vanity drop chances.

(Being a commando is highly recommended. Commandos have very high AOE, meaning you will skip less mobs and have a higher potential over time for a vanity drop)
    - Also, unknown, but elixirs don't help with vanities. We have no proof yet, but the way we think it works is the vanity is either in the map, or its not. "IF" the vanity is in the map, maybe you can reroll your loot and potentially take the roll of the vanity in the map. So all in all, with elixir or not, you could still be doing 1-2000+ runs with a miners luck before you see a vanity.

Outer Limits Numa Prime - Host solo/in a group. Up to you if your one of those people who is really paranoid that someone else is gonna get the drop. Kill mobs as you go, but don't stop running. If that means leave some mobs behind, then leave them. Once you get to the crossroads, go down the south road to the dual mini bosses, but only open the chest and return up. Open the chest in the middle and then run noth and turn east and open that chest. Basically - your running strait to the chests while killing mobs then remaking. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT kill mini bosses. Drop rate on bosses is the exact same as mobs. Which means that you will have to kill a lot of bosses before you even see a junk white or yellow drop. yeah a vanity can be anywhere in a map, but when it comes to farming 500+ runs, what becomes more productive is maximizing your drop pool in the littlest time, vs clearing 100% of the map to gather every potential drop.

Dead Man Cave Delta 7 - CLEAR MOST MOBS; run north then east to the door with the little vulars who block the panel. Kill all enemies until you reach all the chests in that area. Don't worry about clearing the control panel, you don't need it anyways. Also, those little annoying vulars who spawn 1 at a time, forget them. They rarely drop junk loot anyways, and make your run even longer. So run back to the middle, clear the west side, clear the panel and wait for the squid people to come to life. Clear them until the little vulars start spawning to the south 1 at a time, then remake without killing the vulars.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 12-12-2011 at 05:26 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pharcyde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Dead Man Cave Delta 7 - CLEAR MOST MOBS; run north then east to the door with the little vulars who block the panel. Kill all enemies until you reach all the chests in that area. Don't worry about clearing the control panel, you don't need it anyways. Also, those little annoying vulars who spawn 1 at a time, forget them. They rarely drop junk loot anyways, and make your run even longer. So run back to the middle, clear the west side, clear the panel and wait for the squid people to come to life. Clear them until the little vulars start spawning to the south 1 at a time, then remake without killing the vulars.
    I use my engy for this. Transferance is a great aoe that triggers the vulars to explode also. And I can open the door with the 3 chests in it. Had a few epic chests in there today and got some rare greens.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    I use my engy for this. Transferance is a great aoe that triggers the vulars to explode also. And I can open the door with the 3 chests in it. Had a few epic chests in there today and got some rare greens.
    Ooo ty i knew I was missing something! Yeah if your engi, you might even wanna skip the east way completely. There is only 3 chests and it almost tripples your run time. West side has most mobs, chests, and least amount of the little vulars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    Fortunately*
    It was fun while it lasted.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    Fortunately*
    It's a matter of opinion. For those who play an hour a day. It is unfortunate. For those who can invest more time and farm for them to make money. It is fortunate.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I picked up my comedy on the reactor core deck board of shipyard. It dropped on the last turn before you hit the boss when we were fighthing the mob there. I didn't have an enhancer or anything.

Infinite Union-Officer Click here to join
    Trixie-Rogue/ Trixietoo-Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

K thanks you helped out a krazy Koala how does it feel? Hehe thanks
    Heyzap=KrazyKoala

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Semi on topic: Anyone know where vanity falls with elixir? Above Pink? Above Orange? It really confuses me tbh...

Soz if this has already been mentioned, too lazy to read all the posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Semi on topic: too lazy to read all the posts
    Well, this is embarassing....
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    Well, this is embarassing....
    Already posted I assume? Haha, my bad. Running off of 1.5 hours sleep at 12:30 AM, so that's my excuse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Semi on topic: Anyone know where vanity falls with elixir? Above Pink? Above Orange? It really confuses me tbh...

Soz if this has already been mentioned, too lazy to read all the posts
    If I read the question right

Vanity should not be affected by Enhancers, as it is believed (and making the most logical sense) that a Vanity is either in a map or not. (This was predicted pretty quick in the games development)

If a vanity is in a map, then we assume that a Mob or Chest has it in a random and separate drop table. Meaning any luck potion should not affect the way these are found. They can be missed as you would need to clear the whole map to be certain but as others have said its a longer process but seems to be more productive to skip higher level enemies as they have the same probability as normal mob/chests.

If a vanity is not in a map, a luck potion would not change this fact. (As we believe)

This is what the members have put together from all the facts we have found so far. Its hard to say if we are correct and we could be totally off base (which I doubt), but still very possible.

If you need the locations i have posted them above, if you want to know more about them, and how to farm them check out Pharcyde post above when he aint semi-trolling he can make some pretty well written posts

ETA: Also here is another source of how these work, and where to help find them. Though they are random, it seems that they can be in certain sectors in a map, or from certain enemies/chests, so in a way i gues you could call it sort of 'organised randomness' so to speak.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Drop-Locations

If anyone has another view on how the mechanics work please post, would be great to hear others perspectives.
    Last edited by BodMaster; 12-13-2011 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Typooooo

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    If you need the locations i have posted them above, if you want to know more about them, and how to farm them check out Pharcyde post above when he aint semi-trolling he can make some pretty well written posts
    This made me lol .

Anyways mystic, even if miners could re-roll a vanity, we have no idea what re-rolls into blue. I think the system here is a lot like the system for discountinueds/super rares in runescape. Runescape, theres party hats worth 4billion gold now, but yet a 2 gold feather has a higher value priority over a party hat. Soo I really don't know how it would work in this system, because purples/pinks have a higher store value when liquidating. That would theoretically mean that a vanity could reroll on a white, yellow, green. But it doesn't, because people have tried farming with the miners, like Apollo, and ended up with nothing. So the only reasonable explanation is that vanities can only be achieved one way, sheer determination or incredible luck.