Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Thumbs up [suggestion] Grief-Proof Guilds

Hi, devs!

This suggestion is aimed to make our favorite game even safer to play. Especially, to prevent mass guild-booting, done by dudes called 'griefers'

This suggestion consists of two parts: first is really easy and useful solution and second is a cool feature for GMs

1) to prevent mass-booting any guild officer is allowed to boot only 5-10 members in 24 hours

2) to keep GM in-line with guild changes - send him 'boot-log' via in-game notification (adding tab 'logs', visible only for GM, below 'friends' and 'guild' ones)

I keep this short as you might already saw 'another guilg-kicker detected' thread in guilds section, so its needless to prove the interest to this topic among active players

P.S.
    I would like to thank BodMaster for remembering and bringing up this solution
    And, as usual, thank YOU for the game i enjoy so much, that i started to post suggestions)))

May the Force be with ya
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice ideas they could really work and stop these mass boaters devs I hope you include this.
    Hello looks like you've took the time to read this well bye don't read this....... ok seriously stop reading this just cause im krazy!
    Heyzap=KrazyKoala

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I like these suggestions! Keep it up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Really nice idea.

Keep 'em coming.

Granted it doesn't help if the GM is the one doing the booting, but one can only do so much and if the GM is the one doing the griefing it's probably time to find another guild anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

lol many gms and officers would like the freedom to prune inactive players whenever they like, dont agree with the first suggestion as all, griefing is not something that can be handled with technology, as the griefers are gonna find a way around it (there are already slow griefers who remove a few ppl at a time from a guild), the only way to fight the griefers is to use your head and not get griefed lol, trust no one but your own alts for making officers haha :P
    good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

...even then it's a case of not trusting your own motives Slant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

all im trying to say is trying to maek something "griefer proof" is the wrong approach, this cant be done, and it is the wrong point to tackle the problem, the only way is to be "griefer proof"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

yep, it looks like it is time to dig up one of my top-10 threads... advanced guild designs

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    all im trying to say is trying to maek something "griefer proof" is the wrong approach, this cant be done, and it is the wrong point to tackle the problem, the only way is to be "griefer proof"
    agree on it being impossible to make it griefer proof. the only way to make sure mass booting does not occur is to use perfect judgment... something which is pretty hard in a MMO with pseudo-anonymous players.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    I seriously think that a previous suggestion should be looked into, as where an 'Officer' should only be able to boot say 5 members per day (24hrs). If there was a disband, you would just ask the party to leave the guild, which im sure they would if this was to happen. This would cut down these attempts massively, and the 5 that did get booted would be re-recruited with no problem, if you weren't sure who either a log could be introduced for the GM or a simple msg from STS support naming these 5-10 (48hrs).

Totally off subject i know, but it would be beneficial to members and STS in general for something like this to be implemented.
    Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Thanks both, but this was a load of ideas thrown into one a while back. Cant find it anywhere, tho this was pretty much the end product, except you could do alot more with the log. Like leave messages for members/officers or the other way around leaving them for the GM while offline like a kind of notice board. Also the GM could still boot as many as they like this would be mostly for griefing from Officers. Would prefer the limit on booting if not anything, as the log would take a little time to implement.
    Here's my look on it from the other thread. Do you really believe that an officer only able to boot say 5 members at a time would cause officers to feel less than an officer? The GM is still able to do as much booting as they need. And if you have more than 1 officer they would be able to boot 5 members each within 24hrs, if you have more than 3-5 officers griefing then doesnt seem they should of been an officers in the first place.

To lose 500+ members in a matter of minutes would be devastating, and from just on bad apple that snook in for the fun of it who solely wanted to be an officer to boot. Even if it was to take out competition from that persons main. If an officer could only boot 5 out of that 500 wouldn't that make it alot more safer? By the time a member come back online and spoke with the GM they would have the log or a msg from sts after the incident to know exactly who was booted. Minimizing the potential threats of Greifers as the effort to get to officer just to take out 5 members and be caught for doing so would not be worth anything.

Any kind of log that the GM could look at that states each booted or even recruited member would be awesome, alot more to be implemented but would be worth every effort to get this added.

A GM 'griefing' is not griefing IMO its just a GM disbanding or kicking players, unfortunately when you join a guild you are prone to this kind of behaviour, as its the GMs right to do so, no possible way STS could ban/penalize them for doing so. Any GM that chooses to do this would just become very unliked/frowned upon unless they had a reason for doing so.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post: