Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: honestly my biggest pet pev in game!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

This is a byproduct of people tolerating power leveling, someday, this will be a regular thing, leech bots ring ring? XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

There are some people who do this on purpose. Idk its a fad now to get to the cap without dying or killing. Not necessarily your average power leveled n00b high level.

EDIT: actually if you look at his gear that is most definitely not a powerleveled n00b. That is a 51 sewer armor, im gonna say SK leather, most definitely a 51 twink.
    Last edited by Lowlyspy; 12-13-2011 at 11:20 PM.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    There are some people who do this on purpose. Idk its a fad now to get to the cap without dying or killing. Not necessarily your average power leveled n00b high level.
    It's a fad - the player is deliberately doing it.

If it were a noob, you'd have an abnormally low amount of kills and a very low k/d ratio (under 10:1) for a given level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Just kinda don't like the fact you can buy yourself to that lv without doing anything (BY buying I mean X4 Combo pots and friends)

I knew it wasn't a new player, more like a rich player with many chars who has the plat and friends to do this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

L 51 0 kills, 0 deaths is very deliberate. You cannot do this without knowing what you're doing and having lots of help doing it.

People find different ways to play the game. This is just these players'.

Star light, star bright...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I just said it's a byproduct, fad or not. Power level is Power level by strict definition of higher level piggy backing a lower level. I said "someday" didn't I? If you know any better, this "fad" is what started the leech bots in the first place. People saw it can be done, they improvised. Human nature folks. Common sense really XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why would this bother you at ALL? It just shows how that guy is.....

He doesn't gain anything at all besides hey look at me, I'm lvl so and so and I did nothing to get here. It's like the spoiled little rich kids that get brand new cars for their 16th birthday without working a day in their life.
    Last edited by AveFenix; 12-14-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ckjuicyj82 View Post
    Why would this bother you at ALL? It just shows how much of a dork that guy is.....

He doesn't gain anything at all besides hey look at me, I'm lvl so and so and I did nothing to get here. It's like the spoiled little rich kids that get brand new cars for their 16th birthday without working a day in their life.
    Name-calling is a form of Flaming, don't be surprised if you receive an infraction anytime soon XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

People, mostly on 21 pvp, like havin a 0-0 ratio. It looks as if they r "chuck norris", like a dev pressed a button and they went 21. For some, includin me, its really fun and hard to raise a char without dying at all so, by doin this, we have more fun in pl. My main has over 40-45k pve kills and i dislike seein 65s with 10k kills. But when u see a 0-0 it means the person made an undead alt, just for pvp or just for fun

Quote Originally Posted by ckjuicyj82 View Post
    Why would this bother you at ALL? It just shows how much of a dork that guy is.....

thats ur point of view
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was describing the zero kills zero deaths guy who's name wasn't mentioned, not the moderator.....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I was referring to the act of name calling, not who you're referring to...XD Strictly speaking, that's not allowed XD It's like saying it's ok to disrespect others if they're not aware of it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    Name-calling is a form of Flaming, don't be surprised if you receive an infraction anytime soon XD
    If he really is breaking any rules, the devs will police him,

Infractions....
    Last edited by AveFenix; 12-14-2011 at 03:14 PM.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

This has nothing to do with power leveling or botting.

It is simply an EXCELLENT example of someone playing their game - their way.

In the single-player game, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, there is a similar type of fad that is real popular right now. Some players are playing the entire game without picking up any heart containers*. It is a challenge for them. They enjoy it. They have played the "standard" way and now they want a different type of challenge. Something that makes the game bit more fun for them.

I know that no harm was intended by the op. But, it might be a good idea to try get along with others even if they play the game a bit differently than we do.

Be nice and have fun.

* Heart containers increase the amount of hp you have so that you can fight higher level mobs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Zelda: Ocarina of Time is probably one of the greatest games made across any console, hands down, but with due respect to that game that's not an MMORPG, it's a single player action-adventure game. Apples and Oranges. Btw, you totally contradicted yourself, you start talking about "challenge" but power leveling is "avoiding" that challenge LOL. In almost all console games, unless it's your CONTRA where you type in up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right...for infinite lives, you still "work" for the uber items, you're not supporting your ideology at all, in fact, contradicting it. XD Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

How can u be sure this guy was power levelled? Power levelling implies that a higher lvl player killed all the mobs, whilst he held back and let the exp roll in. And ur sure this is how it happened? Maybe he did this with similar lvl friends. Maybe he did a few kills when the bug was out that awarded no kills for killing mobs. One thing is for CERTAIN, this was no easy objective, and he managed to do it. Instead of flaming this guy, give him a bit of recognition for accomplishing this not-so-easy task.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

FF lll greatest of all time, secret of mana, cmon now..
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    How can u be sure this guy was power levelled? Power levelling implies that a higher lvl player killed all the mobs, whilst he held back and let the exp roll in. And ur sure this is how it happened? Maybe he did this with similar lvl friends. Maybe he did a few kills when the bug was out that awarded no kills for killing mobs. One thing is for CERTAIN, this was no easy objective, and he managed to do it. Instead of flaming this guy, give him a bit of recognition for accomplishing this not-so-easy task.
    ...or maybe Michael Jackson is still alive...you assume so many things but the most probable is power leveling XD LOL What do you mean by "easy" objective? The only objective he has to do is convince somebody to kill enemies for him LOL. Anyone who leveled up "normally" automatically puts their work higher than this guy. So no, he actually did it easier than normal, you got it mixed up. Oh he's recognized by me definitely, I recognize him for being a leech that's what's up XD Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    ...or maybe Michael Jackson is still alive...you assume so many things but the most probable is power leveling XD LOL What do you mean by "easy" objective? The only objective he has to do is convince somebody to kill enemies for him LOL. Anyone who leveled up "normally" automatically puts their work higher than this guy. So no, he actually did it easier than normal, you got it mixed up. Oh he's recognized by me definitely, I recognize him for being a leech that's what's up XD Thanks.
    I'm just gonna end with this...
    Flamers don't usually last long on this forum...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Matutd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

As a sort of middle ground, is it fair to say that people play for different reasons? Whatever this individual's reason is for the 0-0 stat, as long as it does not impede your enjoyment of the game, what difference does it make? Maybe, as some posters suggested, this is a challenge.

Life is too short to be upset by other people when their actions have no relevance on your enjoyment. So, have a great time on Pocket Legends, and put on your galoshes, because Winterfest will soon be upon us.

P.S. I feel Dragon Quest was a better series than FF.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bronxman2012 For This Useful Post: