Thread: Skeletonlord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Skeletonlord

Heey guys, a fairly well know guy on the forums Skeletonlord has a youtube account I'd love to see him build his reputation on Youtube aswell so go sub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilikemage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Don't forget to sub ilikemage as well! My YouTube channel is skeletonlord100 so go check it out!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I believe posting advertisements are not allowed (refer to Forum Rules). Since it wasn't clearly defined in the forum rules whether advertisement is profit or non profit, I'll quote some definition of the term online advertisement and its customers from a generally accepted internet source, wikipedia XD:

Online Advertising: "...form of promotion that uses the Internet and World Wide Web for the expressed purpose of delivering marketing messages to attract customers..."
    Customers: "...is usually used to refer to a current or potential buyer or user of the products of an individual or organization...However, in certain contexts, the term customer also includes by extension any entity that uses or experiences the services of another.."

There you go XD Just thought I'll try to be the "good" guy for while and do some good for the forums XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

@Zeusabe
    You're right, it's not allowed to advertise.
    I can't quote that exact rule because it's closed but here is what Samhayne said:
    9. You may not post advertisements.

Advertising on these forums is prohibited so please do not do it.

Here's the link to the thread
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?1768

P.S. Sorry didn't want to sound like a jerk
    Last edited by Urqui; 12-14-2011 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe:511346
    I believe posting advertisements are not allowed (refer to Forum Rules). Since it wasn't clearly defined in the forum rules whether advertisement is profit or non profit, I'll quote some definition of the term online advertisement and its customers from a generally accepted internet source, wikipedia XD:

Online Advertising: "...form of promotion that uses the Internet and World Wide Web for the expressed purpose of delivering marketing messages to attract customers..."
    Customers: "...is usually used to refer to a current or potential buyer or user of the products of an individual or organization...However, in certain contexts, the term customer also includes by extension any entity that uses or experiences the services of another.."

There you go XD Just thought I'll try to be the "good" guy for while and do some good for the forums XD
    I'm afraid you guys may be a little off on your forum policing. While yes, posting an advertisement for say... McDonalds may not be allowed, especially if you're getting paid to do so, letting your fellow forumers know that you have a Youtube channel isn't exactly the "advertising" they're talking about. I highly doubt Skeleton is making any personal gain from his channel. If what you two are saying is true, we wouldn't be allowed to have links in our sigs linking to outside information.

The only thing I see wrong here is that it should be posted in Off Topic unless this is a PL/SL Youtube channel.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebalere For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Is it related to Pocket Legends? If so, I am quite sure advertising Pocket Legends is OK, though I would need to check to be sure.

... Pretending to look up rules ...
    ... Knight Running ....
    ... Acting like I found something ...

Yup, it's OK!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yes both of us will (at least I will be) most defiantly releasing Pocket Legends related videos, I'm sorry if I was in any violation of any rules my bad.